OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 169 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score

Thanks for posting that article. I love learning tidbits about the New Haven places. I went to Sally's, Modern, and Pepe's in 2019, but have never been to Bar. I think a visit is in order.

A local friend grew up in PA and she is curious if there is any good Philadelphia style pizza in CT. I told her I have no idea, as I like to stick to Ah-beets. Anyone have a read on this Philly style thing in CT ?

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that article. I love learning tidbits about the New Haven places. I went to Sally's, Modern, and Pepe's in 2019, but have never been to Bar. I think a visit is in order.

A local friend grew up in PA and she is curious if there is any good Philadelphia style pizza in CT. I told her I have no idea, as I like to stick to Ah-beets. Anyone have a read on this Philly style thing in CT ?
Don't believe theres such a thing as philly style pizza.

Reaction Score
Plus artichoke hearts.
I used to help out at a friend's deli a million years ago and I would make my own sandwiches. I would make a sammie with fried eggplant, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers and mozzarella with balsamic. It was so good. Could put a little prosciutto on it if you wanted to make it non-veggie.

Reaction Score
I went to a bridal shower last Sat. They had pizza on the buffet. Thick crust which I detest and really lousy tasting. Lots of people did not finish their slice. New London/Groton is sure a long way from New Haven.

Sometimes I really crave a pizza and my son works at night( I don’t drive at night). So I bought 2 Red baron thin crust everything on 1 and just pepperoni on the other, I must say not bad at all. I know! I know.

Reaction Score
I went to a bridal shower last Sat. They had pizza on the buffet. Thick crust which I detest and really lousy tasting. Lots of people did not finish their slice. New London/Groton is sure a long way from New Haven.

Sometimes I really crave a pizza and my son works at night( I don’t drive at night). So I bought 2 Red baron thin crust everything on 1 and just pepperoni on the other, I must say not bad at all. I know! I know.

Grocery store pizza is an entirely different animal but some are not bad. I have never had Red Baron. I legitimately do like the miniature pizza from Trader Joe's. Their hatch chile mac and cheese is also better than most mac and cheese at restaurants.
I loved Stouffer's as a kid but I tried it recently and it was o.k. Yes I burned the roof of my mouth.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Grocery store pizza is an entirely different animal but some are not bad. I have never had Red Baron. I legitimately do like the miniature pizza from Trader Joe's. Their hatch chile mac and cheese is also better than most mac and cheese at restaurants.
I loved Stouffer's as a kid but I tried it recently and it was o.k. Yes I burned the roof of my mouth.

Grocery store frozen pizza cooked on the grill is pretty good, and cheap.

Reaction Score
Grocery store frozen pizza cooked on the grill is pretty good, and cheap.

Living in the Stratford/Bridgeport area I have too many solid mom and pop options to ever make frozen pizza a regular meal but I would choose a good frozen brand over Domino's or Pizza Hut or any other crap chain 100x/100.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just fired up my pizza oven, so I know where the best pizza in Tahoe will be tonight.

You actually have a pizza oven? Is it used for anything else?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

2 Wives, Recovery Room, NY Pizza, and Fireside (under new ownership), even Illiano's are all decent in that area.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
2 Wives, Recovery Room, NY Pizza, and Fireside (under new ownership), even Illiano's are all decent in that area.

Since moving to Eastern CT from the NH area 5 years ago I will say the good pizza places are few and far between and the good places prices are usually really out of whack. Illiano's is one that I have found to be decent.

I have resorted to getting a pizza oven and coal firing it to get that apizza feel back. Not quite up to true NH standards yet but I do feel I make better much cheaper pizza than all the local places to me (totally biased opinion).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Since moving to Eastern CT from the NH area 5 years ago I will say the good pizza places are few and far between and the good places prices are usually really out of whack. Illiano's is one that I have found to be decent.

I have resorted to getting a pizza oven and coal firing it to get that apizza feel back. Not quite up to true NH standards yet but I do feel I make better much cheaper pizza than all the local places to me (totally biased opinion).

Good pizza places are few and far between virtually everywhere. That's what makes them preferable over the mediocre places.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who the owner was of Dino's Pizza in Bishops Corner in the late 70's and 80's? Not the Dino's in WH now. Completely different owners. I want to know the answer to this question before the "fat lady sings".

In all seriousness wish I could even give a prize for the correct answer. I spent some of my most memorable moments there as a kid.

Thank You & Sincerely Always,
BDH

Reaction Score
So, I did the unfathomable and ordered pizza from Zuppardi's by mail. 6 personal pies came for $60. They were a little bigger than personals actually, somewhere between personal and small. Since we pay $20 for 1 cruddy pizza up here, it was well worth it. I didn't tell the kids what they were eating, and they knew immediately that it was quality.

Sad that pizza by mail (sent overnight) is better than fresh local pizza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom