OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 88 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Lunas in West Hartford and Simsbury

Harry’s in West Hartford

Naples in Farmington

Harry's Bishops Corner is my favorite in the area and all the places you suggested are good. I would add First & Last in Hartford and Avon and Little City in Simsbury.

Reaction Score
Harry's Bishops Corner is my favorite in the area and all the places you suggested are good. I would add First & Last in Hartford and Avon and Little City in Simsbury.

Little City is pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
Never been to any location. Just never stop in Waterbury and rarely pass through.

Is the Milford location a close approximation? Also, should I really get the mayo on the Italian combo grinder? I'm in southwestern fairfield county which leans toward NYC style with oil and vinegar and never mayo on an Italian but I want to see what the deal is. The online menu for the Italian doesn't include the "classic mix". Is that an error? Is there a better Nardelli's grinder to get a a first timer?

Inside scoop from those in the know please.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Never been to any location. Just never stop in Waterbury and rarely pass through.

Is the Milford location a close approximation? Also, should I really get the mayo on the Italian combo grinder? I'm in southwestern fairfield county which leans toward NYC style with oil and vinegar and never mayo on an Italian but I want to see what the deal is. The online menu for the Italian doesn't include the "classic mix". Is that an error? Is there a better Nardelli's grinder to get a a first timer?

Inside scoop from those in the know please.

For your first time you need to go to the one in Waterbury. As for what sandwich you get, do what you like.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ask specifically for your sammy on Milite's bread. It's life changing. All other bread will cease to exist after you've had it.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
If i had to make an Italian combo suggestion its procuitto, genoa and soppressata with provolone. Veggies as you please or with the nardelli's "works".

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with Nardelli's but we're living in a golden age of sandwiches so it's nothing special. If you're at the Waterbury location, just go to Dunya and get a falafel if you want something special.

Also mayo on an Italian Combo is disgusting. Salt/Pepper/Oil/Vinegar.

Reaction Score
Came home to visit CT about a year ago and someone said it was good. Went to the Milford location. Thought it was mediocre at best. Much better deli's. If you're in Milford, drive the extra 5 minutes to Napoli on Bridgeport Ave. Great food!

Reaction Score
Went to the one in Cromwell and it was very good. I've had better sandwiches, but I was expecting Subway-esque since Nardelli's has become chain-y and this was much, much better.

Reaction Score
Was at Nardellus Waterbery on Saturday. Their breaded chicken parm is really good. The regular grinder roll is soft but good, Milite’s italian bread is great, didn’t know they had it.

Reaction Score
Actually in meriden theres a Nardellis and Jersey Mikes and both are great! Five guys? not so much. stay away!

Reaction Score
Cavallos, Antonio’s, & Sanapietro’s are far superior to anything Nardelli’s can make you. All within a half mile of the Waterbury locations. Do yourself a favor and get your sandwich from one of them

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Never been to Nardelli's, but I made this incredible muffuletta tonight for Mardi Gras. Finally got the Central Grocery recipe down:
  • One loaf crusty Italian bread with sesame seeds (Apicella's in New Haven is perfect)
  • Central Grocery Olive Salad
  • 1/4 lb genoa salami
  • 1/4 lb hot capicola
  • 1/4 lb mortadella
  • 1/8 lb mozzarella (sliced)
  • 1/8 lb provolone
Instructions
  1. Cut the Italian loaf in half lengthwise (if using Apicella loaf, use around 2/3)

2. Generously brush both halves with the oil from the olive salad.

3. Layer as such: half of the salami on the bottom, then the mortadella, mozzarella, capicola, provolone, and remainder of the salami. Top all of this with the olive salad.

4. Add the top of the bread back on and press down. It's good to go as-is, but some people leave it compressed for an hour or more. Some people wrap it up tightly and let it sit overnight.

5. Cut the sandwich into slices. Moan as you eat each bite.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Never been to Nardelli's, but I made this incredible muffuletta tonight for Mardi Gras. Finally got the Central Grocery recipe down:
  • One loaf crusty Italian bread with sesame seeds (Apicella's in New Haven is perfect)
  • Central Grocery Olive Salad
  • 1/4 lb genoa salami
  • 1/4 lb hot capicola
  • 1/4 lb mortadella
  • 1/8 lb mozzarella (sliced)
  • 1/8 lb provolone
Instructions
  1. Cut the Italian loaf in half lengthwise (if using Apicella loaf, use around 2/3)

2. Generously brush both halves with the oil from the olive salad.

3. Layer as such: half of the salami on the bottom, then the mortadella, mozzarella, capicola, provolone, and remainder of the salami. Top all of this with the olive salad.

4. Add the top of the bread back on and press down. It's good to go as-is, but some people leave it compressed for an hour or more. Some people wrap it up tightly and let it sit overnight.

5. Cut the sandwich into slices. Moan as you eat each bite.
I've always wanted to try one after seeing it be featured on Food Network a bunch of times, but olives are a non-starter for me. Just ruins the balance.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've always wanted to try one after seeing it be featured on Food Network a bunch of times, but olives are a non-starter for me. Just ruins the balance.
Yeah the olive salad is beyond essential for the muffuletta, but you gotta love it. The bread has always been the hardest part for me to find up here, but today I finally solved that with the Apicella's loaf. It was almost perfect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom