OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 63 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Slice isn't bad. Bobby's used to be real good years ago but last time I had it, it was subpar. Might have been an off night or maybe it's gone downhill

Pacileo makes a good pie but you are better off just going down route 80 to John and Maria's in East haven.

They might be the best pie east of new haven

Reaction Score
I drove by Yanni's on the way to Stretch's yesterday. The place is always packed, what's the attraction?

It's a senior citizen joint. They like the size and the price.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Have you tried Marco's in Branford? My favorite outside of New Haven.

Reaction Score

Yes that's my most frequented because of proximity but give me John and Maria's over it any day. Marcos is best in Branford though

Reaction Score

Yes that's my most frequented because of proximity but give me John and Maria's over it any day. Marcos is best in Branford though

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Seventy three pages in, has Dominic & Vinny's been mentioned? Carry out orders are in a bag, rather than a box. It's excellent. I tried the Middlebury location but they have Waterbury & Southington too. Very tasty & very busy on the weekends.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Seventy three pages in, has Dominic & Vinny's been mentioned? Carry out orders are in a bag, rather than a box. It's excellent. I tried the Middlebury location but they have Waterbury & Southington too. Very tasty & very busy on the weekends.

Jesus, man.

On January 6, 2013 @HuskyFan16 gave it a nod. Gave no details, tho. Just garbled it and faded off. And a couple of days later @guyergym enthusiastically agreed with a one word "Absolutely!!".

I think that was it. The Spooker kinda stole the thread after that.

Reaction Score
Jesus, man.

On January 6, 2013 @HuskyFan16 gave it a nod. Gave no details, tho. Just garbled it and faded off. And a couple of days later @guyergym enthusiastically agreed with a one word "Absolutely!!".

I think that was it. The Spooker kinda stole the thread after that.

As well it should.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
No steamed cardboardy taste. Bag>box. True eye-talian style.

Can i get a shout out for Bacco's in waterbury? If you knew about bacco's back in the day you can still get that same pizza at mario's by the stadium on watertown ave.

Reaction Score
No steamed cardboardy taste. Bag>box. True eye-talian style.

Can i get a shout out for Bacco's in waterbury? If you knew about bacco's back in the day you can still get that same pizza at mario's by the stadium on watertown ave.
I used to go with my dad back in the day to Bacco's. We would often go in for lunch and sit at a couple of stools at the counter in the kitchen and talk with Mario and he would cook us up slices. Great memories.

Reaction Score
Had a couple really nice "flatbreads" well done at Bricco's Glastonbury with a couple customers. The Margharita and a plain ole Pepperoni. (an order of their app lamb meatballs were out of this world too).

And it was served by a very nice and fine young lady I might say which added to the delightful lunchtime stop!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
back in the late 80's I use to eat at Ray's Pizza (probably wasnt called Ray's), corner of East Houston and Orchard Street NYC... great NY sytle of place... well building is being knocked down for a tall building (living quarters)
rays-pizza-closed-1-620x465.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Santa: "Second, there are, like, thirty Ray's Pizzas. They all claim to be the original. But the real one's on 11th."

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put it up there with the best of New Haven but Italian Pavilion in Derby, used to be Ansonia, is actually pretty good. The owner is a great guy and their other dishes are good too.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I went to Ocean Pizza in New London last night. It was my second time there. Their kinda like a Greek / Italian combo restaurant but the pizza was definitely Greek . I'd give the pizza a "B" but the plate of fried squid / fries and coleslaw was a "B+". Their portions on other items are large/ excellent . Very good place .

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Salerno's in Stratford is in the midst of their Plum Tomato Pie season. I think it runs until the week after Labor Day. I haven't been yet this year, but thinking about hitting it up today. They are still using the same family recipes from C&C Apizza in Bridgeport when I was a kid, and it's still great. The plum tomato pie is strictly a late summer deal with local plum tomatoes from the same gardens they've been getting them from for 60 years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Salerno's in Stratford is in the midst of their Plum Tomato Pie season. I think it runs until the week after Labor Day. I haven't been yet this year, but thinking about hitting it up today. They are still using the same family recipes from C&C Apizza in Bridgeport when I was a kid, and it's still great. The plum tomato pie is strictly a late summer deal with local plum tomatoes from the same gardens they've been getting them from for 60 years.
If you ask for a "scamotz" pie there, do they still know what you're talking about?

Reaction Score
Has anyone ever been here? Kay's Pizza on Burden Lake in upstate NY.

Home

I know it's not CT but I've been going for three years now and the pizza is like crack. It's not a fancy spot, at ALL, but the dough is like fried dough. It's light and chewy with a little bite on the crust. I crave this place all the time...and it is literally in the middle of nowhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom