OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 47 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
This is probably the thread that has stayed the longest mostly on the actual topic in the history of the Boneyard.

Anyone ever hear of the Spooker at Verdolini's?;)

Cocktail time soon Deep - your town is fine or Max a Mia

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This is probably the thread that has stayed the longest mostly on the actual topic in the history of the Boneyard.
I mean its on topic and its the longest so it has to be right?

Reaction Score
I believe Japan has has sausage filled crust in pizzas for a while. In France, I have seen and had a boiled egg right in the middle of the pie. Was not impressed. Though, I did het used to Sandwich American, which was two hamburger parties on a demi baguette with mustard and fries in it. Very convenient while running between class and the bar on Thursdays to make happy hour.

Europeans have a very weird idea of what Americans eat. I was in Barcelona a few months ago, and I went to breakfast at this place that offered a meal called 'American breakfast,' which was a bacon cheeseburger.

Reaction Score
Anyone ever hear of the Spooker at Verdolini's?;)

Cocktail time soon Deep - your town is fine or Max a Mia

Why do I think I could name any town in CT or MA and you'd give me 3 different bars we could meet at? Then 20 minutes after we got there, Dino or Barney would walk in.

Reaction Score
Why do I think I could name any town in CT or MA and you'd give me 3 different bars we could meet at? Then 20 minutes after we got there, Dino or Barney would walk in.

Lol you could be pretty close to being on target. Not as much with the Dino or Barney point but you never know there either.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you a great pizza, albeit not in CT. It's George's Pizza in Harwich on Cape Cod. The Kimopita, I'd put it up against anything in CT.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Europeans have a very weird idea of what Americans eat. I was in Barcelona a few months ago, and I went to breakfast at this place that offered a meal called 'American breakfast,' which was a bacon cheeseburger.

Is that a complaint?

Reaction Score
Yes? Please go on

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kind of how Americans think that the Irish eat corned beef. If you go to Ireland the only corned beef you will find is in cans, imported from Argentina.

Reaction Score
Just to throw some gasoline on this fire....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/travel/tripadvisor-best-pizza-usa-feat/

1. Juliana's Pizza, Brooklyn, New York

2. Pizza Time of St Augustine, St. Augustine, Florida

3. Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, Alaska

4. Keste, New York

5. Tony's Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco

6. Regina Pizzeria, Boston

7. Antico Pizza Napoletana, Atlanta

8. Bill's Pizza, Palm Springs, California

9. Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven, Connecticut

10. John's of Bleecker Street, New York

Coming in behind John's (NYC) is one thing, Pepe's coming in behind a pizza place in Florida and Alaska is something else entirely :mad:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
^^ lol Isn't that the site that also labeled san Diego the best pizza city in America?

Reaction Score
Just to throw some gasoline on this fire....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/travel/tripadvisor-best-pizza-usa-feat/

1. Juliana's Pizza, Brooklyn, New York

2. Pizza Time of St Augustine, St. Augustine, Florida

3. Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, Alaska

4. Keste, New York

5. Tony's Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco

6. Regina Pizzeria, Boston

7. Antico Pizza Napoletana, Atlanta

8. Bill's Pizza, Palm Springs, California

9. Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven, Connecticut

10. John's of Bleecker Street, New York

Coming in behind John's (NYC) is one thing, Pepe's coming in behind a pizza place in Florida and Alaska is something else entirely :mad:

Also, Regina? Please.

Reaction Score
Just got home from 2 week vacation. picked up a cheese and a portofino pie from Harry's Glastonbury. Damn good pies!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Westport Pizzeria. May not be "the best" pizza - a bit oily for my taste - but it has been an institution in Westport for decades. We used to go there by default after school during my HS years. Unfortunately they recently moved from their Main St. location where they had been for 45 years.

As a NJ transplant to Westport - Westport Pizza is a bad rendition of NJ pizza. Pfffft. Staples '95 BTW.

Reaction Score
Best pizza in Westport is Julian's near the train station. Coal oven. Real good.

Reaction Score
As a NJ transplant to Westport - Westport Pizza is a bad rendition of NJ pizza. Pfffft. Staples '95 BTW.

Yeah but it still holds a special place in my heart/stomach. Staples '88

Reaction Score
pepband99 said:

NJ pizza is a thing? It's not "I want to be like New York" pizza?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom