Best Perspective I Have heard about what tonights game means | The Boneyard

Best Perspective I Have heard about what tonights game means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is funny that none of the "experts" are discussing this yet it comes from someone like Mike Greenburg. Today he was saying that tonight's game is about who can make claim to the best Men's College program in recent times (forget the exact term he used). He first went into if Uconn wins it will be the 4th championship since 1999 and no other men's team has more then two. If Kentucky wins, although you go back a little further they will have 4 wins since 1996 more then anyone else. It is funny with all the press year in and year out for Duke and UNC, etc. we have the chance to double up those two programs and surpass Kentucky's total in the past 20 years. It is a shame that we are doomed.

Reaction Score
It is funny that none of the "experts" are discussing this yet it comes from someone like Mike Greenburg. Today he was saying that tonight's game is about who can make claim to the best Men's College program in recent times (forget the exact term he used). He first went into if Uconn wins it will be the 4th championship since 1999 and no other men's team has more then two. If Kentucky wins, although you go back a little further they will have 4 wins since 1996 more then anyone else. It is funny with all the press year in and year out for Duke and UNC, etc. we have the chance to double up those two programs and surpass Kentucky's total in the past 20 years. It is a shame that we are doomed.
And, regardless, the winner will tie Duke for most titles in the 64 team era. Duke has 4; UConn, UK, and UNC have 3; Louisville and Kansas have 2; everyone else has 1 or none.

Reaction Score
I want 4#

I want 4 to happen tonight, because if it does, it doesn't seem that #5 would be too far away, which will throw us only behind UCLA since 64 in Championships

Reaction Score
I want 4#

I want 4 to happen tonight, because if it does, it doesn't seem that #5 would be too far away, which will throw us only behind UCLA since 64 in Championships
oFpEamU.png

Reaction Score
I posted this in its own thread yesterday but it was quickly buried:

Since 1999, the men's and women's teams have won 9 championships:
UCONN 9 (3 Men's, 6 Women's)
Maryland 2 (1 Men's, 1 Women's)
Duke 2 (Men's)
North Carolina 2 (Men's)
Florida 2 (Men's)
Tennessee 2 (Women's)
Baylor 2 (Women's)
MSU, Sadexcuse, Kansas, Kenfuky, Loserville all have 1 Men's Championship.
Purdue, Notre Lame and Texas A&M all have 1 Women's Championship.
So even if you take away either the Men's team or Women's team, we are still in the lead. It's just crazy to think that some of the biggest sports programs nationally (Texas, OSU, Michigan, Alabama, FSU, Oklahoma, USC, Georgia, Oregon, etc.) could only DREAM of having such success.
And also, I hate saying this (Mojo) but no men's team has won the tournament from a non "Power" conference since Marquette won it all in 1977, 37 years ago! Obviously that streak is going to continue since the men are already on a return flight to Bradley and the women are all cycling at the worst possible time.

Reaction Score
Cowherd said on his show this morning that other college big market programs should be embarrassed. Here's UCONN out in a cow pasture, kicked out of a conference into and another one and nobody wants them. All they do is go to final fours. He likes us tonight but says Kentucky has better players, which in his lingo means more impact pros.

Reaction Score
He is right...

Kentucky should have lost to Louisville.. Louisville lost its composure. I don't see our guys losing our composure. Boatright keeps playing the way he is then we will be fine... We could blow them out like we did Georgia Tech..

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Reaction Score
You want more perspective?

Kansas has been to 14 Final 4's and has 3 NC's. Only ONE in the past 26 years!! Just ONE!!

We are so blessed. Let's not forget how fluky we are.

Reaction Score
UConn's experienced backcourt should make things very difficult for these freshman…

That said, too bad we're Doomed

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The UCONN sections in the stadium should be roped off for crime scene investigation. DOOMED

Reaction Score
I posted this in its own thread yesterday but it was quickly buried:

Since 1999, the men's and women's teams have won 9 championships:
UCONN 9 (3 Men's, 6 Women's)
Maryland 2 (1 Men's, 1 Women's)
Duke 2 (Men's)
North Carolina 2 (Men's)
Florida 2 (Men's)
Tennessee 2 (Women's)
Baylor 2 (Women's)
MSU, Sadexcuse, Kansas, Kenfuky, Loserville all have 1 Men's Championship.
Purdue, Notre Lame and Texas A&M all have 1 Women's Championship.
So even if you take away either the Men's team or Women's team, we are still in the lead. It's just crazy to think that some of the biggest sports programs nationally (Texas, OSU, Michigan, Alabama, FSU, Oklahoma, USC, Georgia, Oregon, etc.) could only DREAM of having such success.
And also, I hate saying this (Mojo) but no men's team has won the tournament from a non "Power" conference since Marquette won it all in 1977, 37 years ago! Obviously that streak is going to continue since the men are already on a return flight to Bradley and the women are all cycling at the worst possible time.

Actually, you've sold our women short. We have 7 championships since 1999 (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010, 2013), making 10 overall between them.

The men have 20% of the last 15 championships, with the opportunity to make it 25% of the last 16 tonight.

The women have 50% of the last 14 championships, with the opportunity to make it 53% of the last 15 tomorrow.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Actually, you've sold our women short. We have 7 championships since 1999 (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010, 2013), making 10 overall between them.

The men have 20% of the last 15 championships, with the opportunity to make it 25% of the last 16 tonight.

The women have 50% of the last 14 championships, with the opportunity to make it 53% of the last 15 tomorrow.

And will we positive in the chat room today? What's the chances on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom