Best One Hit Wonder Song | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best One Hit Wonder Song

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just bustin your balls pal.

How was that busting my balls? I don't care if they had a hit or not. In fact when they did have a top 10 hit in in 1987 , the 1987 precursor of millennials came out and ruined the whole scene.

Reaction Score
Well clearly a nerve was touched. I apologize. I agree that millennials ruined music and everything else though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How was that busting my balls? I don't care if they had a hit or not. In fact when they did have a top 10 hit in in 1987 , the 1987 precursor of millennials came out and ruined the whole scene.

Wasn’t Touch of Gray their only Top 40 hit?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Probably shouldn't be considered a one hit wonder because they've had success overseas, one of my all-time favorite songs.
(The Church, "Under the Milky Way")

Speaking of one-hit wonders and bands with Church in the name... they had a few minor hits in UK/Canada, but this is the only song I recall making it to MTV. Still have vinyl of this gem...

Stiv Bators onstage antics were legendary. He actually was clinically dead for a few minutes during one performance.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not a one-hit wonder, but I was shocked to hear Dolores O'Riordan died (Cranberries). Haven't announced cause of death but she had horrible back pain, so I wouldn't be surprised if was same deal as Prince. Loved her voice and power.

Reaction Score
Zombies by The Cranberries. RIP Dolores O’Riordan. She was their lead singer and passed away today at the age of 46. This song epitomized the grunge movement of the early 90’s.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Zombies by The Cranberries. RIP Dolores O’Riordan. She was their lead singer and passed away today at the age of 46. This song epitomized the grunge movement of the early 90’s.

For degenerate Irish - give me Dexy.

August_West

Reaction Score
Not a one-hit wonder, but I was shocked to hear Dolores O'Riordan died (Cranberries). Haven't announced cause of death but she had horrible back pain, so I wouldn't be surprised if was same deal as Prince. Loved her voice and power.
Yeah because it seems she and prince were taking narcotics for pain management

Reaction Score

Her voice was incredible.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Yeah because it seems she and prince were taking narcotics for pain management

Speaking of pain. Miracles was technically the only charting song for Jefferson Starship.

After they dropped the Jefferson part of the name they had 3 top ten singles including We Built This City (which gives Miracles a run for it’s money.)

Jefferson Airplane also charted before Jorma and Jack left to form Hot Tuna and Jefferson Starship rose from the ashes with Marty Balin at the helm despite the limitations he put on the band due to (ironically enough) fear of airplanes.

August_West

Reaction Score
Speaking of pain. Miracles was technically the only charting song for Jefferson Starship.

Didnt "Count on Me" chart?

August_West

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that was Starship.
giphy.gif

top 10 again.

H8r

Count On Me (Jefferson Starship song) - Wikipedia

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads