Best General WBB News Source? | The Boneyard

Best General WBB News Source?

Reaction Score
ESPN used to be good for an article almost every day, but they gutted their WBB coverage last year. Now they have a slap-dash "Bracketology", a "Mid-Major Top Ten", and maybe one real article a week. Is there anyone providing national coverage beyond box scores and rankings? Or is our only choice crawling around the internet to catch whatever articles local papers and sites happen to publish? (In which case, good luck trying to get news on any big-city programs. The LA Times covers USC and UCLA WBB like Rolling Stone covers the Rotary Club.)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
High Post Hoops (highposthoops.com) is one option, it's run by longtime women's basketball journalist Howard Megdal.

Swish Appeal (swishappeal.com) is another option although I'd say their content is a little less professional in terms of quality.

I follow Hoopfeed on Twitter, which does a great job of aggregating stories on women's basketball from local news outlets. They also have a website - hoopfeed.com

Also, Raoul (Raoul_000 on twitter) is good at aggregating wbb news, especially focused on recruiting. He keeps a blog at wbbblog.com

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ESPN used to be good for an article almost every day, but they gutted their WBB coverage last year. Now they have a slap-dash "Bracketology", a "Mid-Major Top Ten", and maybe one real article a week. Is there anyone providing national coverage beyond box scores and rankings? Or is our only choice crawling around the internet to catch whatever articles local papers and sites happen to publish? (In which case, good luck trying to get news on any big-city programs. The LA Times covers USC and UCLA WBB like Rolling Stone covers the Rotary Club.)
The site hoopism.blogspot.com functions more or less as a daily aggregator of WBB results and news stories. I find it useful even though it's run by a diehard Tennessee fan and Pat Summitt worshiper (and UConn/Geno hater) who poses as a journalist. As long as you can ignore her rare forays into editorializing, you can access some interesting stuff there.

Reaction Score
tbh, part of the reason I joined here after years of lurking is that I get a lot of my WBB news from the Boneyard.

Swish Appeal is kind of odd. Several years ago when I think Nate Parham was the main person running it, they were pretty good about reaching out to the SBN sites from NCAAW schools for content. That really fell off after he left. There used to be much more regular WBB coverage at several of the SEC schools SBN sites. The Vox/SBN system is pretty bad for WBB; they seem to care more about MMA.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I follow some of the sites that Orangutan does. Recently I've been clicking onto SkinsHoops86 (@SkinsHoops86) | Twitter, particularly on game days/nights because I appreciate his insights on plays/players. Pick up a thing or three most weekends.

And, yes, I get a lot of information from The Boneyard and its contributors, many of whom are really quite reliable and consistent in bringing a wide range of input into this space.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Boneyard! I get more info about WCBB from this message board than any other source.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom