Best Female Athlete: Which Of These 4? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Female Athlete: Which Of These 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Saw Simone Biles last night. WOW.
There are a number of sports in which the Oympics are not the toughest competition. The Olympics puts some added conditions in so that they can have representation from as many countries as possible.

Yeah, but world records are world records. That's the whole thing about "world records." :D

Reaction Score
LAST DAY! Links are in the 1st and 2nd post in this thread.

Reaction Score
ESPY's video blurb for UCONN as "best team" candidate: "Look back at UConn's magical 4-year run"

Reaction Score
I have a hard time putting Delle Done ahead of Moore or Charles for best WNBA player. Of course I voted for Maya.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I suppose no one has ever heard of a young woman named Serena Williams?

Reaction Score
I suppose no one has ever heard of a young woman named Serena Williams?

Serena is obviously great. Probably greatest women's player of all time. However, in the last 4 grand slams, she has only won one (2016 Wimbledon). She's right there, but probably falls short in this years ballot.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Not sure how they decided the winner, probably a combination of expert panel, fan votes, etc.
Wouldn't it be interesting though if it were UCONN fan votes from this board that pushed Stewie over the top?
I guess we'll never know, but it must have been a very close vote.
Congratulations Stewie!

Reaction Score
Popularity votes are nice if you win--but if you don't you know it's all about numbers not abilities, talent, exceptional athletism.
I have a BISWEET37626
Like MLB. Since they changed to fan voting the all-star team is meaningless.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Serena is obviously great. Probably greatest women's player of all time. However, in the last 4 grand slams, she has only won one (2016 Wimbledon). She's right there, but probably falls short in this years ballot.

One GS title; two GS runner-up appearances; one GS semifinal. For any other player, those are amazing results in the last four GS titles. For Serena, however, it is not her usual standard that we have come to expect since 2012.

And I agree she probably falls short in this year's ballot. But she has still had an amazing year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom