Reaction Score
MSG & Meka were drafted two and three after winning NC, hard to top that

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
speaking of MSG, how about the BET @ MSG, nothing (was) better than that

Reaction Score
Honorable Mentions:
Bernie & Ernie doc is very good worth watching, King and Grunfeld.
Fire & Ice
Not all timers, but combo of Shabazz & Boat won a national championship by eviscerating every backcourt they faced.

Best College combos:
3. Webber & Rose are criminally under-mentioned at this point, made champion game both years
2. Better yet, Russell & KC Jones = 2 chips
1. Bill Walton, Jamaal Wilkes (2 titles + FF loss, undefeated Frosh - Jr years)

Reaction Score
For college hoops, Bibby and Simon got a lot of press in 1997.

I'll hang for this, but Laettner and Hurley have to be up there . . .

Vince Carter and Antawn Jameson

Larry Johnson and Stacey Augmon

Corciani and Monroe

Olajuwon and Drexler

And who can forget the most over-hyped duo ever, Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton?

Reaction Score
NHL
Jagr and Lemieux, Gretzky and Messier, Yzerman and Fedorov, Gretzky and Hull (for half a season)

NBA-
MJ and Pippen, Magic and Kareem, Bird and Mchale, Splash brothers, Payton and Kemp, Lebron and Dwade, Duncan and Robinson, Sampson and Olajuwon, Mourning and Hardaway, Houston and Sprewell, Clyde and Hakeem, Frazier and Reed, Russell and Cousy, Dirk and Nash, KG and Marbury, Robinson and Baker, Penny and Shaq, Kobe and Shaq, Stockton and Malone

NFL
Carter and Moss, LT and Carson, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Swann and Stallworth, Hayes and Haynes, Long and Hendricks, Shell and Upshaw, Unitas and Berry, Brady and Moss, Favre and Peterson, Elway and Sharpe( or Davis), Ham and Lambert, Olsen and Jones.

MLB
Bagwell and Biggio, Pudge and Gonzalez, Ruth and Gehrig, Jeter and Arod, Manny and Papi, Schilling and Big Unit,

College Fball
Leinart and Bush, Rocket and Watters

Uconn sports
Mek and Gordon, Bird and Taurasi, Moore and Charles, Kemba and Shabazz, Price and Adrien, Ray and Doron, Donny and Donyell, Kelley and Corny, Stewie and Jefferson, Geno and CD, Calhoun and Dickenman, Smith and George, Dan O and Caulley, Toddman and Dixon, Lobo and Rizzotti, Fincher and LLoyd

Thats all I got for now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For college hoops, Bibby and Simon got a lot of press in 1997.

I'll hang for this, but Laettner and Hurley have to be up there . . .

Vince Carter and Antawn Jameson

Larry Johnson and Stacey Augmon

Corciani and Monroe

Olajuwon and Drexler

And who can forget the most over-hyped duo ever, Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton?

Almost had Corchiani transfer to UConn if I remember correctly? Good one, he and Monroe had a nice game at Gampel I was there.

Reaction Score
Almost had Corchiani transfer to UConn if I remember correctly? Good one, he and Monroe had a nice game at Gampel I was there.

As was I. My first Gampel game, actually. That NC State team was loaded and should have been better. Corchiani, Monroe, and Tom Gugliotta.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn

Doron and Ray
Donyell and Ray
Ben and Emeka

College

Lew Alcinder and anyone
Clyde and Akeem
Jordan and Worthy

NBA

Abdul Jabbar and Magic
Moses and Dr. J
Kobe and Shaq

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As was I. My first Gampel game, actually. That NC State team was loaded and should have been better. Corchiani, Monroe, and Tom Gugliotta.
Lots of good throughout, though here I'd say this isn't even the best NC State trio, which would be Monte Towe, David Thompson (not Robinson), and Tom Burleson.

Reaction Score

Correct. Corchiana was an assist machine and was hoping we could get him as a transfer.

Reaction Score
obviously nowhere near "the best," but what boatright and napier did was special. The regular season was obviously shoddy, but I am as impressed with their tourney run as I am with the development of friendship. They clearly had some issues, albeit probably more brotherly than anything, but both matured together and got us number 4

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Really, really hate to put it out there, but Laettner/Hurley was pretty damn strong. Hurley/Grant Hill too.

I've got to go wash scrub off the scum now.
Wash scrub? I'd go with power washer or sandblaster, but you're not wrong, and now I've got it on me.

Another oldie: Elvin Hayes & Don Chaney

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun and Howie Dickenman

Jim Calhoun and Dave Leiato

Jim Calhoun and George Blaney

Jim Calhoun and Kevin Ollie

Honorable mention to Bob Cousy and Bill Russell

Reaction Score
It's easily Emeka and Ben UConn wise. Walker/Napier doesn't make sense...Napier wasn't even the 2nd best player on that team. Donyell/Ray doesn't make much sense either for basically the same reason (although that could be debated). Don't think OP was talking about putting together the prime seasons of players who at one point played together. Emeka and Ben were both probably top 6 players in the country their junior seasons and won a natty. Case closed.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="]
Buffalo wings and Rolling Rock
[/QUOTE]

Rolling Rock is over priced swill. For that money you can get a decent beer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom