Best Bars to watch UConn Games? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Bars to watch UConn Games?

Reaction Score
Ok, you forced me to look this up, because there is no reason anything in Vernon should be called "Dockside". Turns out I could have ridden my bike there as a kid. Probably did, but I don't think it existed. Not enough TVs and they are too small.

I do remember "Lakeside" in Coventry. Seems it is now the 4 Dads Pub. Had quite the disco scene back in the late 70s.
How do you know there's not enough TVs and its too small if you've never been there. A simple google search does not do this place justice. Pop on over for a football Saturday and tell them BIIIG sent you, I'll be shocked if a drink or two isn't on the house.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How do you know there's not enough TVs and its too small if you've never been there. A simple google search does not do this place justice. Pop on over for a football Saturday and tell them BIIIG sent you, I'll be shocked if a drink or two isn't on the house.
Just looked at pictures. But I'm nowhere near there, so won't be there. Looks like a cool place.

Reaction Score
Any bar that’s not in Florida because they don’t have basketball games on and won’t change the channel most of the time when you ask them. I had to literally beg them to put the championship game on last year at BWWings even though we had a party of 12 people and the place was pretty empty.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Nipsey’s and the Regal Beagle are still the best option.

Reaction Score

Have lunch there occasionally with a friend and business associate decent food. Not sure on the UConn game vibe but you know that area it would seem. And the one thing for sure is the bartender most of the time who is also the owners wife/GF is a nice person who will never sink when swimming.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any bar that’s not in Florida because they don’t have basketball games on and won’t change the channel most of the time when you ask them. I had to literally beg them to put the championship game on last year at BWWings even though we had a party of 12 people and the place was pretty empty.

You seem to have it rough in your part of Florida.

No good restaurants and bars that won't put on games patrons want to see.

Reaction Score

I agree. I have a BWWings near me in Viera which has multiple screens and would put a game on if asked. Of course, I go there frequently. There are a few sports bars near Cocoa Beach as well that have multiple TVs and would change the channel if asked.

Reaction Score
I did a cursory search the thread for New Haven county but the only post was about downtown, which I appreciate. Could anyone give me some recs for Branford/North Haven/Hamden/Cheshire/Wallingford/Meriden? I’ll even go to Guilford

Reaction Score

Actually we’re getting our house fixed from hurricane Ian ( $200,000+ claim ) our store is up for sale and if things go right we’ll be living on the other coast further north ( Ormond Beach area) within 2 years. I’ve had enough.

Reaction Score
Actually we’re getting our house fixed from hurricane Ian ( $200,000+ claim ) our store is up for sale and if things go right we’ll be living on the other coast further north ( Ormond Beach area) within 2 years. I’ve had enough.
I am south of Ormond Beach but happy with my choice to live near Cocoa Beach. Not for everyone but it suits me fine. Plenty of live music, sport's bars and decent beach. There are at least 4 microbreweries close by as well. Good luck in your future move and other activities.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am south of Ormond Beach but happy with my choice to live near Cocoa Beach. Not for everyone but it suits me fine. Plenty of live music, sport's bars and decent beach. There are at least 4 microbreweries close by as well. Good luck in your future move and other activities.

Space Coast is blowing up with people and good jobs. Not that I'm looking to move, but Melbourne area is the area of Florida I would move to if I had to move.

Reaction Score
I did a cursory search the thread for New Haven county but the only post was about downtown, which I appreciate. Could anyone give me some recs for Branford/North Haven/Hamden/Cheshire/Wallingford/Meriden? I’ll even go to Guilford
I can't help but that Dockside bar/brewery you went to in Milford looked like it would be good for a game watch. Huge space with a lot of TV's if my memory serves me well.

Reaction Score
Space Coast is blowing up with people and good jobs. Not that I'm looking to move, but Melbourne area is the area of Florida I would move to if I had to move.
Melbourne has at least 5 breweries as well including Intracoastal which has a few beers that I like. Currently, my area is not too crowded but much building going on now so it is just a matter of time.

Reaction Score
I can't help but that Dockside bar/brewery you went to in Milford looked like it would be good for a game watch. Huge space with a lot of TV's if my memory serves me well.
From what I remember it was just one tv in their cool extra bar

Reaction Score
Elmo’s fond memories. ‘90-‘03. Spend a lot of nights there after bowling and league golf.
Destroyed many $.10 wings and cheap pitchers.
No idea, if I watched many 5x champs there. Caught some NFL games.
Sounds like Robert is still the owner based on the bartender. Good people.

Reaction Score
Game wasn’t on so I can’t speak to the atmosphere but I’ve been to Cheshire Pizza a few times now and the food has been solid every time. Haven’t gotten pizza but it’s Greek and possibly bar-style pizza. Will report back on both some day when I inevitably go for a football game

Reaction Score
Pappys in East Hartford, hands down best spot to watch UConn in Hartford County

Reaction Score
Pepe's (not the pizza spot) in Manchester, hands down best spot to watch UConn in Hartford County.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom