Best 8 Man Lineup from the Past Decade | The Boneyard

Best 8 Man Lineup from the Past Decade

Reaction Score
IMG_7181.jpeg

Saw this on Reddit and thought it would be interesting to see what lineups we can come up with especially with two championship teams in that time period. See mine below

IMG_7182.jpeg

Toughest omission was Boatright but just thought the other guards were too talented to leave off.

Last edited by a moderator:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
View attachment 88498
Saw this on Reddit and thought it would be interesting to see what lineups we can come up with especially with two championship teams in that time period. See mine below

View attachment 88499
Toughest omission was Boatright but just thought the other guards were too talented to leave off.

I think we've done this monthly, but it's the off-season. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Boatright
Napier
Jackson
Karaban
Clingan

Sanogo, Adams, Daniels.

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier
Jalen Adams
James Bouknight
DeAndre Daniels
Adama Sanogo
--------
Ryan Boatright
Jordan Hawkins
Donovan Clingan

Just Missed: Christian Vital, Tyrese Martin, Shonn Miller, Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier
Jalen Adams
James Bouknight
DeAndre Daniels
Adama Sanogo
--------
Ryan Boatright
Jordan Hawkins
Donovan Clingan

This is what i’d go for as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier
Jordan Hawkins
James Bouknight
DeAndre Daniels
Adama Sanogo
---------------------
Andre Jackson
Donovan Clingan
Ryan Boatright

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier
Jalen Adams
James Bouknight
DeAndre Daniels
Adama Sanogo
--------
Ryan Boatright
Jordan Hawkins
Donovan Clingan

Is it best team or collection of best players? As good as Bouk was, I'm not convinced a 29% 3pt shooter is going to win you the most games. I think he'd be better coming off the bench b/c of that.

If I need a team to win in March, I'm swapping Andre for Bouk all day in a starting lineup. There's simply no way he's not in a top-8. Bouk would do great as a bench unit gunner.

Bazz
Adams
Andre
Daniels
Sanogo

Hawkins
Bouk
Clingan

I think the only real weakness there is the lack of a backup 4 other than Andre. I expect Karaban will supplanting some folks on this list pretty soon, though.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88498

View attachment 88499

I think I’d have to agree with this. Spot on. Maybe swap Hawkins and Bouk for the starting spot.

That is a filthy (and champion laden) 8 man rotation

Reaction Score
Gonna spice it up a bit, and put Clingan over Sanogo in my starting 5. I'm interpreting this as building a team instead of picking the best players. My team will be perimeter focused, and my starting group won't be dumping the ball into the post too often

I want Shabazz handling the ball in the halfcourt a majority of the time, with the other 4 starters running breaks with Andre finding Hawkins for threes and Clingan for dunks. Is a Shabazz/Clingan pick and roll guardable, with Hawkins and Daniels waiting on the wings? I don't think so

I can't morally leave Sanogo off of my list so I'm bringing him in as my 6th man. I'm also only going to pick 1 of Adams and Bouknight, because they are both perimeter isolation players. My bench will be one perimeter iso player, one post iso player, and one guy who is great on both ends of the floor and is high energy to keep them focused.

Is it the best team? Probably not. But it's switchable, fluid, meshes together, and was fun to make :)

Starting 5 -
PG - Shabazz Napier
SG - Jordan Hawkins
SF - Andre Jackson
PF - Deandre Daniels
C - Donovan Clingan

Bench (in no order of preference) -
6 - Adama Sanogo
7 - James Bouknight
8 - Ryan Boatright

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Bazz
Hawk
Jackson
Giffey
Sanogo

——————
Boat
Vital
Clingan

I’d call this the “Connecticut Warriors”. 8 of our toughest dudes who bleed blue through and through. No divas or drama queens. Just a collection of ballers.

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier
Jalen Adams
James Bouknight
DeAndre Daniels
Adama Sanogo
--------
Ryan Boatright
Jordan Hawkins
Donovan Clingan

don’t think it makes sense to put 3 ball dominant guards together.

adding Hawkins over one of those guys is an obvious improvement for the offense.

Reaction Score
This is what I had:

G Shabazz Napier
G James Bouknight
G Jordan Hawkins
F Andre Jackson
C Adama Sanogo

Bench: Daniel Hamilton, Ryan Boatright, Donovan Clingan
Just missed: DeAndre Daniels, Christian Vital, Amida Brimah

I relied on Evan Miya BPR (one of the only really advanced all-in-one statistics that go back all 10 years) a bit for some of my borderline calls, which is why Jalen Adams fell through the cracks. We'll never know about him with a different roster and coach. Last year's team was by far our best team of the 10 years, so I felt justified heavily recruiting from that team. Jackson's BPR is astronomically high, so I think it would be a mistake to overlook him.

As for the team itself... Bazz and Jackson can playmake for others. I need Jackson for defense, rebounding and intangibles. I don't know how you cover Jackson, Hawkins, and Bouknight together in transition. Bazz and Hawkins are great 3 point threats, but I'm going to need Bouknight to make some open shots. Bazz will handle late clock. Bouknight can break down a defense and drive which complements Bazz and Hawkins.

I could see an argument for Hamilton or Daniels over Bouknight for team building reasons, but I went with talent there. Bucket but with the amount of talent and squaring elsewhere, I could see it making sense.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Napier
Vital
Hawkins
Jackson Jr
Clingan

Bouknight, Sanogo, Daniels

Boatright-ball handling depth
Giffey-3nD wing depth
Whaley-Big depth

Napier and Jackson Jr handle the ball, vital and Hawkins as overqualified 3nD guys. Clingan is a better fit in this lineup than Sanogo for his defense, but Sanogo could easily start.

Bouknight is a classic microwave 6th man. Sanogo is crazy overqualified to be a backup, but that’s how blessed we were with Don last season. Daniels fits naturally as a backup for both forwards, that can play whatever role is needed.

Reaction Score
Napier
Boatright
Hawkins
Jackson
Clingan

Adams, Daniels, Sanogo

Love me some Vital, but just can’t justify keeping Napier, Boat, and Hawkins out of the lineup. Bouknight had good raw talent and could catch fire at any moment but didn’t have that killer instinct that so many of our guards have had. Napier, Boat, and Hawkins give us a great combo of ball handling, off ball movement, shooting, and defense. Jackson is the glue guy and Clingan clogging the middle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom