Benedict's HR Org Behavior Move | The Boneyard

Benedict's HR Org Behavior Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In retrospect, the OC listing was done to justify firing Diaco after the closure period.

Two ways the OC posting does this. First, you can show that the lack of interest in the OC position was due to the existing HC and his philosophies. Or, the other possibility is the interviewing candidates showed just how incompetent the current staff was in their decision making.

Either way, you use a subordinate opening to highlight deficiencies in the higher ranking person you want gone.

Well played Mr. Benedict.

Also, if UConn is on a pay schedule like my company, the pay period ends on a Sunday, which is Jan 1 this year. So, making the firing effective on the 2nd means he is on the books for this pay period ending Sunday, Jan 1. May or may not be how UConn keeps its books, but it explains how they can proactively fire someone on a future date.

Reaction Score
There's no way anyone wanted this OC job. You're right, it was probably posted to put more ammo in Benedict's arsenal.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Or - it was a tactic to interview potential OC's as to their interest in the program as the HC. This tactic has been used before and will be used again. If so, very clever.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, the OC listing was done to justify firing Diaco after the closure period.

Two ways the OC posting does this. First, you can show that the lack of interest in the OC position was due to the existing HC and his philosophies. Or, the other possibility is the interviewing candidates showed just how incompetent the current staff was in their decision making.

Either way, you use a subordinate opening to highlight deficiencies in the higher ranking person you want gone.

Well played Mr. Benedict.

Also, if UConn is on a pay schedule like my company, the pay period ends on a Sunday, which is Jan 1 this year. So, making the firing effective on the 2nd means he is on the books for this pay period ending Sunday, Jan 1. May or may not be how UConn keeps its books, but it explains how they can proactively fire someone on a future date.
Also means that unless they already renewed Asst's contracts they don't owe thesis guys any buyout money since these are done year to date.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just think he told Diaco nothing and Diaco was moving forward business as usual. I don't think he was certain he had the support to can BD and he needed to raise the funds and convince some people.

Diaco asked him.."hey...should we post the OC job?"...and DB said "fine ...fine...whatever"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I just think he told Diaco nothing and Diaco was moving forward business as usual. I don't think he was certain he had the support to can BD and he needed to raise the funds and convince some people.

Diaco asked him.."hey...should we post the OC job?"...and DB said "fine ...fine...whatever"
Just guessing here but I believe he went to the fight people (SH, trustees) and asked for approval to make this change. The response was "raise the funds to cover the buyout and you can fire him". Somewhere over the past few days someone stepped forward with the cash.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just guessing here but I believe he went to the fight people (SH, trustees) and asked for approval to make this change. The response was "raise the funds to cover the buyout and you can fire him". Somewhere over the past few days someone stepped forward with the cash.

Christmas bonus for those financial bankers in Fairfield County?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Christmas bonus for those financial bankers in Fairfield County?
The thing is they get their bonus in early February (based on final prior year numbers).

I was amazed (on an audit a few decades ago) to see people maxed out on their annual FICA contribution five weeks into the new year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The thing is they get their bonus in early February (based on final prior year numbers).

I was amazed (on an audit a few decades ago) to see people maxed out on their annual FICA contribution five weeks into the new year.

Okay. How about someone had a great year and needed more charitable deductions.

Just having fun guessing if DB actually coaxed someone out of $2m+ in order to get the buyout within reason for the budget.

Reaction Score

It's a fun time when you close a big deal in December and it's in a January check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom