Benedict on w/ Joe D & Gresh today at 4:05 | The Boneyard

Benedict on w/ Joe D & Gresh today at 4:05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is Joe D at least in studio? Leaving Gresh alone to do an interview with a college personality is not good auditory.

After last week's performance, I imagine his high school graduation and admission to URI to be somewhat similar to that of Tim Dunphy from "Outside Providence."

Gresh: There is no "accepted." You just have to sign up, Pop.

Gresh's Dad: Well, you filled out the forms. You showed a little initiation there.

Husky25

Reaction Score
it took him less than 30 seconds to respond to my tweet. And it had to be right as they were going on air.
They're only on the air about 24 out of every 60 minutes. Traffic and Weather on the 8s takes about 2 minutes (which is a carbon copy of the report they gave 10 minutes earlier), and 4 minutes of commercials leaves 4 minutes out of every 10 for original content. Of that, 2 minutes is spent rehashing what they were just talking about in the last segment.

I have a 40 minute commute, I have time to figure it out. :p

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
It's the dumbest "sports talk" show out there. Pointless, really. I get zero information from that show. Especially when Gresh is literally reading an article word for word that I just read online before I left work. Add that to the fact that Joe D is there what twice a week (not that he offers anything of value) and it's just pitiful. Many rides home are spent in silence for me. Sucks right now.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Dooley get on the hold line NOW!

Maybe ask if he's afraid of BC overtaking us in hoops
I wrote this in another thread:

Looking for an update of the Oak's at Toomer's Corner. I heard one of them has had to be replaced twice already. This question obviously has absolutely nothing to do with UConn, but it has a better chance to be asked than anything about Conference realignment as it relates to UConn.

Reaction Score
Benedict just mentioned a thought on students being happy in the seats that they are in. Could see a study down the line that suggests moving the students to the sideline rather than the baseline...

Reaction Score
I have yet to listen to 1 second of Gresh ... based on what I've read here on the BY I think I'll keep it that way ... I'd rather get my UCONN Conference Realignment info from The Oklahoman .... :confused:

Husky25

Reaction Score
Guess what, Fellas? Traffic is pretty much what it was yesterday.

Reaction Score
So Gresh got educated about UConn's facilities and facility upgrades:

David Banta ‏@Banta55 22m22 minutes ago
@TheRealGresh @mdd19851 What do you know about Uconns facility's Gresh

Andy Gresh ‏@TheRealGresh 20m20 minutes ago
@Banta55 @mdd19851 I know they gotta get a baseball stadium, keep soccer $$ and stadium on track, & gampel needs addressing. So there ya go

David Banta ‏@Banta55 18m18 minutes ago
@TheRealGresh @mdd19851 And all are being addressed.... The football, and basketball practice facilities are second to none..

Andy Gresh‏@TheRealGresh
@Banta55 @mdd19851 easy on the hyperbole. The 2nd to none line is a tad much. So it's there w Oklahoma & Texas? It's good, still need more.

Then Matt Schonvisky Chimes in:
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 16m16 minutes ago
@Therealgresh we are at the point with OU already which is why all this talk is happening with the Big 12

Matt Schonvisky‏@MattSchonvisky
@therealgresh on facilities, the plans are already there for soccer, baseball and softball upgrades

Andy Gresh ‏@TheRealGresh 11m11 minutes ago
Funding yet? RT @MattSchonvisky: @therealgresh on facilities, the plans are already there for soccer, baseball and softball upgrades

My response to the funding question:
‏@AB670
@Mattschonvisky @therealgresh UConn Sports Fans: Ticket Prices Will Rise http://fw.to/OriM1RJ

Fact of the matter now is this...this tool is WTIC's flagship sports talk show that leads in to any UConn broadcast. He has ZERO knowledge about the MAIN team in his DMA, nor does he care to have any. This show is a complete and utter disaster As a UConn fan it's beyond reprehensible and totally disrespectful. But I don't live in this DMA so it's not my fight. If I did, I would email the programming director and station manager ASAP.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
So Gresh got educated about UConn's facilities and facility upgrades:

David Banta ‏@Banta55 22m22 minutes ago
@TheRealGresh @mdd19851 What do you know about Uconns facility's Gresh

@Banta55 @mdd19851 I know they gotta get a baseball stadium, keep soccer $$ and stadium on track, & gampel needs addressing. So there ya go

David Banta ‏@Banta55 18m18 minutes ago
@TheRealGresh @mdd19851 And all are being addressed.... The football, and basketball practice facilities are second to none..

Andy Gresh‏@TheRealGresh
@Banta55 @mdd19851 easy on the hyperbole. The 2nd to none line is a tad much. So it's there w Oklahoma & Texas? It's good, still need more.

Then Matt Schonvisky Chimes in:
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 16m16 minutes ago
@Therealgresh we are at the point with OU already which is why all this talk is happening with the Big 12

Matt Schonvisky‏@MattSchonvisky
@therealgresh on facilities, the plans are already there for soccer, baseball and softball upgrades

Andy Gresh ‏@TheRealGresh 11m11 minutes ago
Funding yet? RT @MattSchonvisky: @therealgresh on facilities, the plans are already there for soccer, baseball and softball upgrades

My response to the funding question:
‏@AB670
@Mattschonvisky @therealgresh UConn Sports Fans: Ticket Prices Will Rise http://fw.to/OriM1RJ

Fact of the matter now is this...this tool is WTIC's flagship sports talk show that leads in to any UConn broadcast. He has ZERO knowledge about the MAIN team in his DMA, nor does he care to have any. This show is a complete and utter disaster As a UConn fan it's beyond reprehensible and totally disrespectful. But I don't live in this DMA so it's not my fight. If I did, I would email the programming director and station manager ASAP.

I just emailed the producer for the Joe D and Gresh show, his name is Ryan Cosgrove and can be reached at Ryan.Cosgrove@cbsradio.com for anyone who might be interested.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The thing of it is that Joe D knows for a fact at what level UConn's facilities are. If it's hyperbole, why does he keep saying it? Shouldn't he feel (nay, have) a responsibility, if not educate than, to correct his on air partner? Don't they debrief after the show?

Reaction Score

We do need to do some updates with Gampel.. That thing opened my 2nd year up there, during the "magical" season that put us on the map.. It's nice and cozy, but I agree with.. I also agree that we gotta step our game up with baseball.. get a stadium on campus.. That endless real estate on 195 ( just before you hit East Campus ) has some serious promise.. Great spot for an on campus Football stadium (my opinion) too..

Reaction Score
Bad reception in my part of Ffld county Always has been for our Flagship station One hour+ drive to the stadium

It's been that way for YEARS now.. Since I started listening to the station back in '88 (growing up in Norwalk).... Doggone shame.. That's part of the problem of lack of support from the ENTIRE state of CT for UCONN (in Storrs)... We'll cater to boarding states (upstate NY, RI, MA) before addressing in house stuff... That radio reception thing shoulda been addressed YEARS AGO... unacceptable... We need to somehow find a way to get the wattage upgraded to CBS 880 status.. You can get that station in Baltimore even..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom