Ben Gordon … Not Again | The Boneyard

Ben Gordon … Not Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is terribly sad, and frightening; but it would have been nice if they mentioned his well-documented history of mental illness.

Reaction Score
This is terribly sad, and frightening; but it would have been nice if they mentioned his well-documented history of mental illness.
If would also be nice if he was held accountable for his violent crimes. It's crazy he's still walking the streets and not in some court-ordered mental health facility or prison.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If would also be nice if he was held accountable for his violent crimes. It's crazy he's still walking the streets and not in some court-ordered mental health facility or prison.
No question. They detailed his prior incidents, which is obviously an important part of the story. I think his mental illness is also an important part of the story.

Reaction Score
Very sad, he's blessed as a father to have 2 beautiful sons and picturing him punching them is really bad. He's done a whole slew of bad things but punching his son really affects me. Always was a big fan from his recruitment onward. Needs lots of help and hope he is receptive and gets the help he needs.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What is this, arrest #4? #5?

I'm confused how a dude with this much history of violence...who clearly isn't medicated...was given bail after he beat his child in a freaking airport.

Every second he spends unsupervised is a danger to the public. At a certain point he's going to kill someone, or someone is going to kill him.

Lock him up and get him some help.

Reaction Score

My sister has done far, far less than him and was mandated into rehab a few weeks ago. Different state, but it's not like he can't afford it. It's insane that a dude with multiple assault charges in the last few years is walking the streets right now. Especially after hitting a 10 year old.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
No question. They detailed his prior incidents, which is obviously an important part of the story. I think his mental illness is also an important part of the story.
Plenty of people who have mental illness don’t beat up bouncers. That is not an excuse.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Plenty of people who have mental illness don’t beat up bouncers. That is not an excuse.
Of course. Where did I say it was an excuse?

I am talking about the reporting. It’s part of the story. It was pretty newsworthy when he wrote that long piece about it. It’s sad that he hasn’t gotten the help he needs, but I’m not suggesting that anyone else is to blame. I just think it’s important to cover it.

Reaction Score
What is this, arrest #4? #5?

I'm confused how a dude with this much history of violence...who clearly isn't medicated...was given bail after he beat his child in a freaking airport.

Every second he spends unsupervised is a danger to the public. At a certain point he's going to kill someone, or someone is going to kill him.

Lock him up and get him some help.
Shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. This one is Illinois, but have you seen/heard the results of bail reform laws in NY state? Gordon’s despicable behavior at LGA wasn’t going to get him locked up, sadly.

Reaction Score

And even if it is an "excuse" it doesn't mean he should be walking the streets. When folks are a danger to themselves and others, they are forced into getting help. Pretty fair to say that Ben has proven he cannot function in our society unsupervised

Reaction Score
This one did give mention to his mental illness. Wonder what the heck happened this time? Wish he would get rehab ASAP - can't keep walking around being a threat to others like that.

Reaction Score
Shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. This one is Illinois, but have you seen/heard the results of bail reform laws in NY state? Gordon’s despicable behavior at LGA wasn’t going to get him locked up, sadly.
It's the same out here in Illinois, we have carjackers released the day of who go out and victimize other people later in the day. We have murderers on home confinement instead of in prison who have victimized others.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The thing our healthcare system doesn't solve or provide for is the difference between "holding someone accountable," and providing quality assistance to those with mental health care/substance abuse issues. We can barely provide baseline healthcare at an affordable rate to those who have good insurance. It's a joke, and big pharma/insurance/healthcare systems are raking us over the coals.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're talking about. NY bail reform ended cash bail for some misdemeanors and non-violent felonies. Obviously Ben's actions wouldn't exempt him.

There are still huge amounts of people (over 75% of Rikers population) who are in jail simply awaiting trial, most because they couldn't afford bail (which has actually risen, on average, per defendant since the reforms were put in place).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s the Post.
Yeah I get it. I didn’t want to send this in a political direction but I see that’s happening in other posts irrespective.

My point was that it’s not the police blotter. They weren’t merely reporting the incident; they took the time to detail his prior incidents, which, as I said, are also an important part of the story.

Reaction Score
Yeah I get it. I didn’t want to send this in a political direction but I see that’s happening in other posts irrespective.

My point was that it’s not the police blotter. They weren’t merely reporting the incident; they took the time to detail his prior incidents, which, as I said, are also an important part of the story.
It’s the Post.
From the Associated Press and posted on ESPN, no mention of Ben Gordon's mental health...

Ben Gordon faces charges for 2nd time in month after McDonald's guard hit

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1664384739550.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're talking about. NY bail reform ended cash bail for some misdemeanors and non-violent felonies. Obviously Ben's actions wouldn't exempt him.

There are still huge amounts of people (over 75% of Rikers population) who are in jail simply awaiting trial, most because they couldn't afford bail (which has actually risen, on average, per defendant since the reforms were put in place).

You should brush up on “Less is More” that has resulted from flaws in NY bail reform. And I hope you don’t have friends or acquaintances who have become victims as a result. I have.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You should brush up on “Less is More” that has resulted from flaws in NY bail reform. And I hope you don’t have friends or acquaintances who have become victims as a result. I have.

"That would be harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan............
"And world peace."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr