Before we throw in with the ACC... | The Boneyard

Before we throw in with the ACC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is more important to you?

Drinking a beer while watching us take on Northeast powers URI and UMass in the new Big East

OR

Not being able to have a beer but watch us play UNC, Duke, Pitt, Cuse, etc.

Reaction Score
What is more important to you?

Drinking a beer while watching us take on Northeast powers URI and UMass in the new Big East

OR

Not being able to have a beer but watch us play UNC, Duke, Pitt, Cuse, etc.

What about no beer against VA, BC, NC State, Miami, Vtech?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
wait... when uconn plays some of their games at xl, beer won't be sold? or is this at the already acc schools

Reaction Score
What about no beer against VA, BC, NC State, Miami, Vtech?

I am definitely one that likes to have a beer while watching a game but if having a beer means I have to watch UConn waste away in some crappy lower tier conference then I will gladly give up the beer to get UConn aligned with one of these power conferences that appear to be in the near future.
This is to me one of the most important times in the history of UConn. UConn over the last 20 years has positioned the school very nicely in the national scene. If we dont jump at any chance to get into either the ACC(1st choice) or the Big Ten then I think all that work will be for nothing. The alternative to leaving is sticking with the Big East and playing in a terrible conference.

Reaction Score
I like beer at sporting events. Major loss for those of us who require a few beers to stop thinking about work for a while. I wish they would stop selling beer after halftime or something to that affect. Also, beer is a big revenue generator and since $ rules the day, I find it odd that some conferences/universities ban it. It is easy money.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
They don't sell alcohol at Gampel now (right? I've never seen anyone in the student section with a beer at least).

Reaction Score
Yeah, no beer at Gampel. No way in hell the students wouldn't take advantage of that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
that's not a problem

I'll be saving a lot of money by not going to MSG and having dinner in the city and buying expensive seats and $ 20 scotches

staying home and watching everything on TV will be a lot cheaper, including the scotch

but does that mean no beer at the HCC?(yes, it's still the HCC until they tear it down)

Reaction Score
I've been to several ACC football venues and if you can't figure out a way to get your booze on before, during, or after the game then you just aren't trying. Granted it's not the same as sipping on an $8 bud light out of a solo cup I think you'll find it even more satisfying :D

Reaction Score
Good news, maybe we will no longer have to watch people stream out of the Rent after last call.

Bad news, people will probably start entering at halftime instead of the second quarter so they can stay in the parking lot and drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom