Beer | Page 157 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Never touched that stuff. Tried mj like 3 times - didn’t get the appeal. I am the one kid just say no worked on. Nancy scared me to death.
Hahaha - my bad. I was referring to the "rails" of the rat race.

Reaction Score
If it's vegetarians it's pretty easy, if they are vegans good luck.
Yeah oddly vegan is even tougher here in Thailand than in the US - they're not really serious about it so if there's no meat or dairy it's called vegan but you have to assume there's going to be some traces of fish sauce in there somewhere. My dad and his wife are vegan so when they visit they have to make concessions - they're vegans for health so they don't mind so much.

Reaction Score
Yeah oddly vegan is even tougher here in Thailand than in the US - they're not really serious about it so if there's no meat or dairy it's called vegan but you have to assume there's going to be some traces of fish sauce in there somewhere. My dad and his wife are vegan so when they visit they have to make concessions - they're vegans for health so they don't mind so much.
As someone said, if they're vegetarians it's easy.

But I figure if you're asking, you mean vegan. Vegan brunch finger foods? Can't say I've had much of that. But there are recipes for vegan biscuits, with which you could make some good jams or "butters" to spread on

And not that you'd think of it, but you should not kill yourself over using honey

Reaction Score
As someone said, if they're vegetarians it's easy.

But I figure if you're asking, you mean vegan. Vegan brunch finger foods? Can't say I've had much of that. But there are recipes for vegan biscuits, with which you could make some good jams or "butters" to spread on

And not that you'd think of it, but you should not kill yourself over using honey
Actually I did mean vegetarian.

By easy I meant easy to find - not easy to cook.

I don't cook so cooking anything is not easy. I figure an American vegetarian dish would be a lot more satisfying than those from other countries - Americans have a greater need for good tasting food.

Reaction Score
I would have a beer with superjohn.

I’d take him to some dive in the north end and hope he got shot, then I’d stand over him laughing and pointing and saying “See? I told you Hartford sucks “

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If it's vegetarians it's pretty easy, if they are vegans good luck.

Seitan "buffalo wings" are my go to. One of the few non-crudite vegan appetizers where I'm happy to eat the leftovers myself.

I don't cook so cooking anything is not easy. I figure an American vegetarian dish would be a lot more satisfying than those from other countries - Americans have a greater need for good tasting food.

Buy some seitan. I understand it's relatively common in Thailand. Get a bottle of buffalo sauce. Cut the seitan into nuggets. Nuke or bake the seitan, while heating up the buffalo sauce. Put the seitan in buffalo sauce to coat. There you go, easy peasy, no real "cooking" involved and you have a somewhat pretentious American vegan appetizer classic that your guests will swear was "home made"!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Man if you have eggs, milk, butter, cheese etc at your disposal then brunch should be a breeze

Seitan "buffalo wings" are my go to. One of the few non-crudite vegan appetizers where I'm happy to eat the leftovers myself.

Buy some seitan. I understand it's relatively common in Thailand. Get a bottle of buffalo sauce. Cut the seitan into nuggets. Nuke or bake the seitan, while heating up the buffalo sauce. Put the seitan in buffalo sauce to coat. There you go, easy peasy, no real "cooking" involved and you have a somewhat pretentious American vegan appetizer classic that your guests will swear was "home made"!
The thing about seitan is that it is literally condensed processed wheat gluten. I was eating a package of that stuff a day when I was in Boston because you cannot beat the protein:fat:cost ratio and I wasn’t feeling any negative effects but I can’t imagine it’s really that great for you (I was like 23-25 when doing that)

Reaction Score

Awesome!

(i'll pass it on to my wife)

Reaction Score

She ended up going with a couscous dish and these spinach & feta baked wonton type of doohickies she makes sometimes -- plus a couple of other things I didn't recognize.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The thing about seitan is that it is literally condensed processed wheat gluten. I was eating a package of that stuff a day when I was in Boston because you cannot beat the protein:fat:cost ratio and I wasn’t feeling any negative effects but I can’t imagine it’s really that great for you (I was like 23-25 when doing that)

Yeah, but we're talking about Uconndoit having some guests over for an evening, not having to feed them vegan stuff for a year :)

But point taken. If you feed that to a celiac they probably spontaneously combust.

Reaction Score
I dunno. I haven't had reason to travel there since I left my old DC firm. Used to work with the former US Attorney for Georgia on some compliance investigations, but now I am just country lawyering. Atlanta is not in the cards any time soon that I can tell.
You are always welcome...

Reaction Score
Make sure you and the surgeon know exactly what you want. I expected 20-20, and was disappointed.
I don't...the eye in question has a severe astigmatism that was countered with RK in 1985. As a result, he has to try to measure for the lens through the scar tissue without the use of the laser gadgetry that is employed today. Fortunately, he is old school and quite the artiste...but he isn't promising any miracles.

For my part, I'm happy to get it done before the last of these guys die out, especially Mark Mohney who is the best in the Southeast...he's older than I am, and at least he has a lot of experience doing this work without the laser tools.

Reaction Score
I'd grab a drink with pretty much everyone. I think the few I wouldn't know well enough who they are because they'd be uninterested themselves.

I've already grabbed a drink with @intlzncster it was a good time other than Kansas smacking UConn around. He even had a young lady from a bachelorette sidle up to him for a little while.

We should catch a game again this year, since I feel like even when they'll lose I'll be less likely to gouge my eyes out.

Reaction Score
I'd grab a drink with pretty much everyone. I think the few I wouldn't know well enough who they are because they'd be uninterested themselves.

I've already grabbed a drink with @intlzncster it was a good time other than Kansas smacking UConn around. He even had a young lady from a bachelorette sidle up to him for a little while.

We should catch a game again this year, since I feel like even when they'll lose I'll be less likely to gouge my eyes out.
Good call. Missed him too. We get along real well here but for whatever reason I don't know the first thing about him

Actually I could say the same about you my man

When I eventually get back to Boston and have a car and start hitting up breweries around New England I imagine I’ll be meeting a bunch of you

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I have a friend!

Neither of us expected much from that Kansas game. But it's the post season, so it had to be done. That was the starkest difference in size I can ever remember against a UCONN team. It was actually comical.

Definitely down to catch up this year. The renewed excitement alone should make it worth it.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good call. Missed him too. We get along real well here but for whatever reason I don't know the first thing about him

Actually I could say the same about you my man

When I eventually get back to Boston and have a car and start hitting up breweries around New England I imagine I’ll be meeting a bunch of you

I have another friend!

I've no doubt we'd get along, even though I'm quite partial to seafood and barbecue. I get along with most people anyway.

RE personal info, you gotta be stealth on the internet if you want to survive in the modern world. We can't all be Auggie. Briefly: dual citizen US/Australia; lived in Oz for 8 years; enjoy surfing/snowboarding/soccer/disc golf, good beer, Latinas etc.

Kinda dislike politics, cause I feel like it's mostly a wank. But I guess I veer fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I abhor both extreme ends of the spectrum (militants and SJWs); very anti PC; very anti participation trophy. I hate all politicians. Pragmatist and proponent of efficiency. Largely cynical about the world; I prefer to laugh at it though. Trying to explain who you are politically blows I just discovered.

But why would you ever want to come back here from San Diego? Once you escape prison, you don't just voluntarily return.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom