So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thanks, Jay. I'll be checking it out. I'm an easy customer, too. I waited a bit before I realized I would have to go break up the party just to get a beer at a brewery.

Has anyone been to CT Valley Brewing? To me, it's a mixed bag. You can tell they gave the place some thought and spent a few bucks creating their tap room. It's been pretty busy each time I visited. I just wished I enjoyed their offerings more.

Reaction Score
Thanks, Jay. I'll be checking it out. I'm an easy customer, too. I waited a bit before I realized I would have to go break up the party just to get a beer at a brewery.

I agree, that is unacceptable in any establishment. I suspect the new owners will be making corrections to alleviate any blight on the venue from the pre-existing. Please let me know if you go and there are any issues and I will relay on. They invested too much to lose out due to service, especially if the beer is spot on. I heard service and support to the brewmaster while at Steady Habit caused partial detriment as well, in a different respect.

Reaction Score
Jon's a good brewer and I really liked his stuff at Steady Habit before the owners poisoned that place. Coalesce was one of my favorite beers a few years back. I'll be checking out Parable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jon's a good brewer and I really liked his stuff at Steady Habit before the owners poisoned that place. Coalesce was one of my favorite beers a few years back. I'll be checking out Parable.
Coincidentally, I just picked up a 4-pack of Coalesce last week at the packy. Never saw it in my area before. I liked my 2nd better than the first.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone tried Sam Adams New England IPA? Is it as bad as it sounds?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How I spent my Saturday night

G1qEwzE_d.jpg

August_West

Reaction Score
Speaking of which

Me and 2 guys ( who own a craft beer bar and are huge beer nerds) and had that treehouse stash did a blind taste test of treehouse alter ego vs. hooker no filter

All 3 of us without knowing which was which picked the hooker no filter.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Has anyone tried Sam Adams New England IPA? Is it as bad as it sounds?
Its good, Waq. Not a full-blown juice bomb but a mellower version. I just finished a 4 pack and will buy more throughout 2018.

Why does it sound bad?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Its good, Waq. Not a full-blown juice bomb but a mellower version. I just finished a 4 pack and will buy more throughout 2018.

Why does it sound bad?
Because Rebel is terrible. And that Jim Koch hates IPA's. So the idea that Sam Adams is making a "New England" IPA made me chuckle, that it's just product.

Reaction Score
I just tried out Vanished Valley in Ludlow. Tried Pomona and it's excellent! Up there with the best of tree house in my opinion

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hooker's beers were all awful until no filter, so it was a nice surprise that they made such a good NEIPA.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Because Rebel is terrible. And that Jim Koch hates IPA's. So the idea that Sam Adams is making a "New England" IPA made me chuckle, that it's just product.
To me the Rebel IPA was horrible. Went to a Blues Festival last summer and the Rebel IPA s were there with a totally different formula and they were awesome.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I did this pretty successfully once before. Anyone want to do a beer exchange? I'll send you some Florida beers in exchange for some of these New England beers I'll never have the chance to try down here. I'll ship first; you drink and then return the favor.

Reaction Score
Hooker's beers were all awful until no filter, so it was a nice surprise that they made such a good NEIPA.
This. Still not sure how #nofilter is a Hooker. Anyone have the double version of it?

Reaction Score
Old skool:

>>Hull’s, a historic New Haven beer brewed from 1872 to 1977 with a hiatus during Prohibition, is getting a relaunch at Three Sheets (372 Elm St, New Haven; 475-202-6909) starting at 8 p.m. According to the bartender with whom we spoke, an intrepid brewer has purchased both the brand and its flagship Hull’s Export Lager recipe, the results of which you’ll be able to buy “all weekend” for $4 a can. Adding extra hops is the local punk band The Hulls, which takes the stage at 9 tonight. Free to attend.<<

Hull’s Beer Launch Party! – Three Sheets New Haven

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This. Still not sure how #nofilter is a Hooker. Anyone have the double version of it?
Look for Hooker's Chocolate Truffle Stout.

Mommy!

Reaction Score
The double is very good, but not nearly as good as the regular #NoFilter. Not worth the trip to the brewery.

August_West

Reaction Score
Just got this bright from a buddy along with haze and very green. How would you rate it... I've never be overly impressed by the brights

It's not my favorite treehouse but for a double man is it packing the fruit up front Unbelievable for a big mosaic and then a bit of the dipa hop bitter on finish. I liked it a lot more than I expected.

Reaction Score
I made my first trip to treehouse this week. I have had a few of there beers before but never a fridge full. I went up on wednesday during that awful, awful, awful storm amd there was no one there! In and out with 24 bright with citra, 12 bright. And 16 doppelgangers. All 3 are great, but the doppelganger is a top 5 beer for me. I actually like the og bright a tad better than the citra version. I can see why treehouse gets so much hype, it's well deserved imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom