Beer | Page 132 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
So is Maine Dinner so good that it's worth having to reserve a case 10 days in advance and show up at a specific time to pick it up?
Dinner is supposed to be awesome. I've never had it but 2 friends of mine who are complete beer nuts (nuts enough to wait 2 hours in line at Tree House) both gave it a 5 on Untappd.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that Astoria's Singlecut Brewsmith's is the Treehouse of New York. And you can get it in stores!!! Each brew I have tried is phenomenal.

This week I had two IIPAs..."This is the Real Life" and a "Harry Doesn't Mind". Awesome.

So awesome I went back for another "Harry..." (sold as single cans) and also walked out with a "Softly Spoken Magic Spells", a barrel-aged "Heavy Boots of Lead" and a 4-pack of "Wrench".

December sees no beer purchases. Ughh.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dinner is supposed to be awesome. I've never had it but 2 friends of mine who are complete beer nuts (nuts enough to wait 2 hours in line at Tree House) both gave it a 5 on Untappd.
Alrighty, then! Thanks, I'm going to be in Portland that day so it sounds like it's worth the trouble.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So is Maine Dinner so good that it's worth having to reserve a case 10 days in advance and show up at a specific time to pick it up?
It's excellent; a slight notch above Lunch, Another One and Tiny Beautiful Something imo and, unlike them, only available at the brewery. So, yeah, if you love that style it is up there with the best New England has to offer and worth your while to seek it out.

Reaction Score
Nephew got married in Portland and I picked up a great tasting beer by brewery Liquid Riot called "What's in the box?". This is a DIPA and is 8.5 % alcohol. I thought it was very drinkable, delicious and no alcohol burn, so watch out. I would give it the strongest recommendation.

Portland (Maine) has an amazing beer scene. Nephew had Lunch on tap at his reception and that was nice indeed.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nephew got married in Portland and I picked up a great tasting beer by brewery Liquid Riot called "What's in the box?". This is a DIPA and is 8.5 % alcohol. I thought it was very drinkable, delicious and no alcohol burn, so watch out. I would give it the strongest recommendation.
Portland (Maine) has an amazing beer scene. Nephew had Lunch on tap at his reception and that was nice indeed.

Thanks for the rec. I'm going up to Portland next weekend and will be staying just down the street from Liquid Riot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that Astoria's Singlecut Brewsmith's is the Treehouse of New York. And you can get it in stores!!! Each brew I have tried is phenomenal.
This week I had two IIPAs..."This is the Real Life" and a "Harry Doesn't Mind". Awesome.
So awesome I went back for another "Harry..." (sold as single cans) and also walked out with a "Softly Spoken Magic Spells", a barrel-aged "Heavy Boots of Lead" and a 4-pack of "Wrench".

I just had a Singlecut Full Stack IIPA last night that I would gladly drink again.

Reaction Score

December sees no beer purchases. Ughh.

I had "does anybody remember laughter" ipa before and it was solid. My only gripe is they are 20 dollars for 4 cans. If I can get Heady Topper for under 15 for 4 cans, nothing should be more than 15 for 4 cans.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the rec. I'm going up to Portland next weekend and will be staying just down the street from Liquid Riot.
If you are in to the NEIPA craze, check out Lone Pine and grab their Oh-J. It is the juiciest NEIPA I have come across. I grabbed a couple cans after tasting on that batch's release date. I thought it was great at the brewery, but insanely good between 2-3 weeks.

Across the street is Urban Farm Fermentory, which specializes in the exact opposite of the hop craze and puts out gruit style beers with no, or limited, use of hops. That day they had 4 beers, 5 ciders, 2 meads, and a bunch of varieties of low ABV kambucha. The place is not for everyone, but if you appreciate fruit beers or saisons you will really enjoy yourself here. Very unique brewery. My wife and I agreed it was highlight of our beer weekend in Portland.

Reaction Score
Just saw this thread - Love me some good beer. Saw someone was asking about good stuff in the NJ/NY area - will list out my favs

NJ - Kane, Carton, Brotherton, Magnify, Bolero Snort, Troon (very hard to get)
NYC - Other Half, SingleCut Beersmiths, Finback, Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co, KKBC (Kings County Brewing Collective), Interboro Spirits & Ales
Philly - Tired Hands
DC - Aslin

Would have to say Other Half is my fav - Have had a good amount of Trillium and Tree House and these guys are right up there, and their can availability has really increased over the past few months. Right off of 278 in Brooklyn if you are driving through from CT.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just saw this thread - Love me some good beer. Saw someone was asking about good stuff in the NJ/NY area - will list out my favs

NJ - Kane, Carton, Brotherton, Magnify, Bolero Snort, Troon (very hard to get)
NYC - Other Half, SingleCut Beersmiths, Finback, Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co, KKBC (Kings County Brewing Collective), Interboro Spirits & Ales
Philly - Tired Hands
DC - Aslin

Would have to say Other Half is my fav - Have had a good amount of Trillium and Tree House and these guys are right up there, and their can availability has really increased over the past few months. Right off of 278 in Brooklyn if you are driving through from CT.
Agree re Other Half.

Reaction Score
I do not recall too many CT beers. But I truly miss Shipyard (pumpkin head or other wise), long trail, seadog (portland maine, one of the few flavored beers, blueberry, that I like), Peaks Island, Allagash, Geary, Gritty, Sebago.

Come to think of it, most of those are in Maine. But Maine just kicks butt for craft brew. Though anchor steam and rogue are solid choices too.

Alas, I am in Guatemala where most of those are hard to find. What I would not give to have a longtrail double bag or pumpkinhead by shipyard. However, I have found some BROOKLYN pale ale as well as Peaks Island and Goose Island, the later not being as good as the other beers listed here. But god, Gallo is awful.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do not recall too many CT beers. But I truly miss Shipyard (pumpkin head or other wise), long trail, seadog (portland maine, one of the few flavored beers, blueberry, that I like), Peaks Island, Allagash, Geary, Gritty, Sebago.

Come to think of it, most of those are in Maine. But Maine just kicks butt for craft brew. Though anchor steam and rogue are solid choices too.

Alas, I am in Guatemala where most of those are hard to find. What I would not give to have a longtrail double bag or pumpkinhead by shipyard. However, I have found some BROOKLYN pale ale as well as Peaks Island and Goose Island, the later not being as good as the other beers listed here. But god, Gallo is awful.
The craft beer industry here is now light years ahead of where you last saw it. None of the beers you listed would make your top 50 now. It's nuts.

Reaction Score
This is the latest release from Firefly Hollow in Bristol and it's fantastic. They finally got the hang of the NEIPA with Citra and Eldorado hops. Super juicy low bitterness. Recommended!
Img_6824.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is the most polite way I have seen someone told they have crappy taste. Kudos.
Ha! Not my intent at all though; I take it he's been away for a while and, although the beers he's remembering were good for their times, they don't a candle to what's going on here now.

And don't get me wrong, I loved most of the beers he listed...around twenty five years ago.

Reaction Score
Ha! Not my intent at all though; I take it he's been away for a while and, although the beers he's remembering were good for their times, they don't a candle to what's going on here now.

And don't get me wrong, I loved most of the beers he listed...around twenty five years ago.

I am waiting for Travelman to relay that he's been in Guatemala for 2 months.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Found SoS at a random Bolton package store. 18 bucks for a 4 pack but I couldn’t resist.

Reaction Score
Had a Weird and Gilly tonight and felt fortunate seeing all these people hype up Singlecut over the past few pages. Very, very good. They ran out and I had a Sculpin can next and it was almost undrinkable in comparison.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Look out for Boondoggle beers out of Wethersfield! Only have had arrival from them but it's great!

Reaction Score
Found SoS at a random Bolton package store. 18 bucks for a 4 pack but I couldn’t resist.

It's funny how it pops up at random places. I don' think I've been charged over 15 or 16 for a 4 pack. If I hadn't had it in a while and came across it for 18 i would probably cave in and get it as well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Gonna be in LI next weekend, already planning to shoot up to Westport for my annual stockup of Zu vodka (unavailable in PA). Figured since I'd be up there, might grab a couple of sixes.

I have zero interest in waiting in line anywhere hoping to come away with some cans, just want to know if there are any really solid off-the-shelf-at-the-packy beers available in Ffld Cty y'all would recommend that I can't get in Pittsburgh.

And Linksmų Kalėdų to all!

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Gonna be in LI next weekend, already planning to shoot up to Westport for my annual stockup of Zu vodka (unavailable in PA). Figured since I'd be up there, might grab a couple of sixes.

I have zero interest in waiting in line anywhere hoping to come away with some cans, just want to know if there are any really solid off-the-shelf-at-the-packy beers available in Ffld Cty y'all would recommend that I can't get in Pittsburgh.

Lots of very good beers available off the shelf now. I haven’t gone to a trendy brewery and stood in line in the last year. No idea what is in Fairfield county since I live in eastern CT.

But around here it does help to know which stores tend to get the better stuff and many have “rules” with those good beers. My favorite store will only sell one 4 pack of premium beer per customer per day. Makes it tough to stock up in one visit.

Reaction Score

You can this almost anywhere:
shopping

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer