So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m surprised Magic Hat has made it this long. You see a lot of their stickers on old Volvos and Wranglers so that’s something. I haven’t tried anything by them in a long time because I figured out they were nasty before I even really got into beer. The actual brewery is kind of a cool place to visit though. We went to Zero Gravity, Fiddlehead, Switchback, Vermont BrewPub and Magic Hat on a Burlington Beer Bus a couple years ago. Most places are just spaces in an anonymous warehouse but they make great beer. Magic Hat has a cool place to visit but crap beer.

Reaction Score
My brother in Colchester said a brewery is opening just down the road from him. Apparently they bought a farm 2 years ago and have been growing hops and selling them to craft brewers. They just got a permit to open brewery and its suppose to open in the next year. He's hoping it's treehouse, trillium quality so he doesn't have to drive to those places

Hop Culture Farms & Brewing Co

Fox Farm Brewery in Salem is doing a similar operation already, and doing it well.

EDIT: FF is probably not growing hops at the same capacity as this place now that I looked at their Facebook site again.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised Magic Hat has made it this long. You see a lot of their stickers on old Volvos and Wranglers so that’s something. I haven’t tried anything by them in a long time because I figured out they were nasty before I even really got into beer. The actual brewery is kind of a cool place to visit though. We went to Zero Gravity, Fiddlehead, Switchback, Vermont BrewPub and Magic Hat on a Burlington Beer Bus a couple years ago. Most places are just spaces in an anonymous warehouse but they make great beer. Magic Hat has a cool place to visit but crap beer.

it's what you'd expect it to be, a large space with tons of tshirts, pint glasses, other gear with the Magic Hat logo on it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The first craft brew I had was Sam Adams, of course. The it was magic Hat #9. That was one rough brewski. Bitter as @^@%#. But I thought it was hip back then to drink them so I kept going and found the taste for that style.

Harpoon and Long Trail make great beer. Not surprised Otter Creek was bought.

Cold Creek in Ellington just lost their brewmaster to Counterweight in Hamden.

Reaction Score
Cold Creek in Ellington just lost their brewmaster to Counterweight in Hamden.
I thought the brewmaster at Counterweight was a defector from New England Brewing. Is this something new?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll be at Beervana tonight, with a good friend who is also a UConn guy (was my roommate a couple of years). Anybody else going to be there?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought the brewmaster at Counterweight was a defector from New England Brewing. Is this something new?
Counterweight was started by the founder of NEBCO. Not sure what the heirarchy is at Counterweight right now.

Reaction Score
Without looking through the 100 pages in this thread, what are the best small breweries in the NYC area? Someone mentioned a couple in Brooklyn that are good.

I visited a couple friends in Northern New Jersey this past weekend and told them I'd bring down a bunch of beers from Trillium. They absolutely loved them. I told them I thought there were at least a couple places around NYC that they should check out if they liked Trillium stuff.

Next time I bring some Tree House for them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I liked No Filter fine when when I picked up a few cans at the packy. But I had a couple on tap this weekend and liked it even more. I'm glad to see Hooker having a winner on their hands.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Outer Half and Singlecut

I'm sure a typo but it's Other Half.

Just don't want Hooper searching for wrong stuff.

It's really good too

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Without looking through the 100 pages in this thread, what are the best small breweries in the NYC area? Someone mentioned a couple in Brooklyn that are good.

I visited a couple friends in Northern New Jersey this past weekend and told them I'd bring down a bunch of beers from Trillium. They absolutely loved them. I told them I thought there were at least a couple places around NYC that they should check out if they liked Trillium stuff.

Next time I bring some Tree House for them.
Bronx Brewery is right off Rt 278 (exit 47). I just had their No Resolutions IPA and really enjoyed it. Its not far from Singlecut.

Reaction Score
What is the juiciest tasting ipa that everyone has had? Trail Blazer from CT valley has an amazing grapefruit flavor before the bitterness kicks in at the end. This past summer I was at a friends house and someone bought a beer from the beacon/Newburgh are that legit tasted like orange juice. Has anyone come across it before? I wish I could remember the name.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I find Citridelic so juicy I don't want to drink it.

Reaction Score
This thread should be more about UConn basketball than it is. You beer whores need to be drinking Rolling Rocks today if you are a true Husky fan, it's called mojo. With bacon of course!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
DAE838C7-B392-4112-BCBA-34EAA8FD4E11.jpeg
Did a little southeastern CT beer tour yesterday. Hit Fat Orange Cat, Fox Farm, These Guys, Epicure, Counterlight and wrapped it up at Griswold Inn. I recommend everyone get to Fat Orange Cat before they close for the winter. Plus I have a fat orange cat so that’s neat.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Are you incapable of thinking for yourself? never mind - don't answer. you're a millenial.

I just posted the link to Busby's website. posted without comment.

Your posts without comment are mostly parody DPRK tweets, so little of value there.

You have an entire posting history that is easily accessible, and a critical thinker should refer back to such a database to provide context to the content you provide currently.

Reaction Score
JHC, and I get accused of making every thread about me.

An educated, informed, and intelligent observer of this hold my beer event, would recognize that the democratic and republican establishments in Washington DC and across the board really in the USA - are in deep doodoo in the next 4-6 years. The traditional media manipulators of public opinion and the poltiical party establishments are no longer effective. If the Colonel manages to gain traction, the election in Alabama for a US Senate seat will be between a populist candidate that was smeared in the worst possible way in an election cycle by the most powerful traditional media means there is in the USA, and withstood the onslaught, while the Republican establishment party ran and hid, and a candidate that will have risen up entirely on their own without any traditional political means in the information age in response to that media event - while the democratic party candidate? Irrelevant.

I'm loving this. The DC establishment became so unbelievable corrupt and it's getting a major , enema, and it's great to see the US Constitution in action, and strong. The will of the people. the power to vote out corruption - the last bastion of justice.

New blood coming to Washington for both sides of the aisle in the coming years.
If only that enema wasn’t hosing the elderly, disabled, and poor.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So is Maine Dinner so good that it's worth having to reserve a case 10 days in advance and show up at a specific time to pick it up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom