• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A crappy beer is a crappy beer fresh or not
Who's arguing with that?

If, on the other hand, you are suggesting that NEBCO and/or SoS are crappy beers, yeah, I will take serious issue with that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Who's arguing with that?

If, on the other hand, you are suggesting that NEBCO and/or SoS are crappy beers, yeah, I will take serious issue with that.

You know I like NEBCO. SOS is a VT beer, but OK its very good.

The rest need to close shop.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There are kernels of truth in this, but that's a broad brush you are painting with.
IPAs do hold longer in cans without oxydation breaking down the hop flavors and aromas. That said, you are correct that mobile canning systems are so-so compared to good bottling systems. Permanent canning systems are great, and places like the Alchemist are very good at canning. A year or two ago, even Pilsner Uquel went to cans (and light proof bottle packaging) because the realized the beer they shipped to the US sucked by the time it got here.

Local is fresh, and fresh is better. It's true for food and beer. I don't live in CT, but there are some good breweries there for sure. NEBCO, Beer'd, Kent Falls, Two Roads. Massachusetts has more of them. What you are complaining about is that many of these local breweries aren't all that good (Thomas Hooker anyone?). It's true. Lots of people hit these places and think the beer is great, and it isn't. Those beers may push other better beers off the shelf. But I've also seen great local beers in MA like Jack's Abby push crappy beers like Magic Hat off the shelf. I've also seen bigger brewers like Otter Creek and Long Trail vastly improve their beer to stay competitive.

What beers do you want that you can't get? I'm no hipster. I'm 50 and have been drinking good beer before those punks were born.

August is just trolling, don't pay him any mind. He knows there's plenty of great beer here in New England.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

SoS is brewed in Stratford. All of it.

I saw a lot of promise in a lot of other CT breweries but, to be fair, I have cut my beer consumption by around 95% over the past four months or so, so I can't say I've been keeping up with the latest offerings.

Reaction Score
SoS is brewed in Stratford. All of it.

I saw a lot of promise in a lot of other CT breweries but, to be fair, I have cut my beer consumption by around 95% over the past four months or so, so I can't say I've been keeping up with the latest offerings.

I'm against traveling for beer. You could honestly spend 30 min (probably not even needed) driving around town asking for the top beers and you will come out with what you want and then some. Save the time to relax and drink instead of driving and waiting in lines etc. Plenty of good beer around CT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Have you had the stuff from Beer'd or Kent Falls? Hobbit Juice is better than SOS. Also, you never answered the question about what beer is somehow no longer available to you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You realize that you just made yourself the caricature of what you railed against, right?

Yeah so?

Am I wrong? Im not a snob because.............. I have sworn off the whole ball of wax and have switched to Miller High Life. A consistent, clean brew.
Pairs perfectly with Arbys Brisket and Horsey

Yxm1JKJ.jpg

I could urinate in a growler of treehouse, stick it in the custom treehouse growler bag (and be honest here, how many of you hipsters in this thread have a custom growler bag? All of you, amirite?) and y'all would call it a revelation. Now do I think Treehouse beers are excellent? Absolutely. Do I think I could fool most people by pouring a Sierra Nevada in a Treehouse growler and then sit back and hear your raves? 100%

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah so?

Am I wrong? Im not a snob because.... I have sworn off the whole ball of wax and have switched to Miller High Life. A consistent, clean brew.

Yxm1JKJ.jpg

I could urinate in a growler of treehouse, stick it in the custom treehouse growler bag (and be honest here, how many of you hipsters in this thread have a custom growler bag? All of you, amirite?) and y'all would call it a revelation. Now do I think Treehouse beers are excellent? Absolutely. Do I think I could fool most people by pouring a Sierra Nevada in a Treehouse growler and then sit back and hear your raves? 100%
You're full of crap in almost every way here and you know it.

Reaction Score
Do I think I could fool most people by pouring a Sierra Nevada in a Treehouse growler and then sit back and hear your raves? 100%

Absolutely. 1000% true. And the Pokemon comparison is also spot on. It's not about enjoying a good beer, it's about bragging you drove 2 hours and waited in line all day for something that tastes like soap and pine needles.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Has anyone had the Death By Coconut porter by Oskar Blues? Was on tap at Knuckleheads and it was tasty. Just found a 4-pack and am looking forward to it Thursday.

Reaction Score
NEBCo has Corliolis cans for sale this week and also double fuzzy baby ducks for growler fills. picked up 3 4-packs of Coriolis which is released every quarter. very very good beer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Man! I wish the Wood n Taps in the Hartford/Manchester area would follow suit. That's a killer list.
I'm sure that was a special selection for the opening. ABC seems to have the best selection east of the river, imo.

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score
Absolutely. 1000% true. And the Pokemon comparison is also spot on. It's not about enjoying a good beer, it's about bragging you drove 2 hours and waited in line all day for something that tastes like soap and pine needles.
Except Treehouse beers don't taste like soap and pine needles.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
'You Are Not So Smart': Why We Can't Tell Good Wine From Bad

"In one experiment, he got 54 oenology (the study of wine tasting and wine making) undergraduates together and had them taste one glass of red wine and one glass of white wine. He had them describe each wine in as much detail as their expertise would allow. What he didn't tell them was both were the same wine. He just dyed the white one red. In the other experiment, he asked the experts to rate two different bottles of red wine. One was very expensive, the other was cheap. Again, he tricked them. This time he had put the cheap wine in both bottles. So what were the results?"

Yeah so?

Am I wrong? Im not a snob because.... I have sworn off the whole ball of wax and have switched to Miller High Life. A consistent, clean brew.

Yxm1JKJ.jpg

Reaction Score
So I spent the night in Queens and although I didn't have time to make it to Singlecut, I went to the closest packy and bought myself a nice $9.99 bottle of Softly Spoken Magic Spells by Singlecut. Yup, $9.99-pretty rough but I had to try it. It's a 98 on beer advocate and it's pretty good, I want to say it kind of tastes like Treehouse's Doppleganger.

Reaction Score
Was downtown before the hoops game last night....FINALLY tried JAck's Abby Kiwi Rising DIPL and Beer'd Hobbit Juice IPA....they were all I had heard that they could be. Juicy as hell. $8.00 for a snifter was a bit crazy though.

Reaction Score
Yeah so?

Yxm1JKJ.jpg

This is the best post in this thread.

What I came here to ask was if anyone tried the Two Roads or NEBCO releases from today? I'm intrigued by Two Juicy since they have been brewing SoS but figured I'd ask before venturing down there.

Reaction Score
Firefly Hollow released their Local Bud IPA yesterday.
I stopped in for some food and brews last night....Pretty mellow IPA, some citrus. Very drinkable but not what I would call juicy.
Their Photon Imperial Crimson is very nice. They've got it in the large bottles also.

They've done a nice job with their generic cans that they use for multiple brews, can them in house, and just put stickers on them to ID each. A few years ago when they came out with a special can for their Coneflakes IPA, I was wondering how they would work it for the other beers.

Reaction Score
Firefly Hollow released their Local Bud IPA yesterday.
I stopped in for some food and brews last night....Pretty mellow IPA, some citrus. Very drinkable but not what I would call juicy.
Their Photon Imperial Crimson is very nice. They've got it in the large bottles also.

They've done a nice job with their generic cans that they use for multiple brews, can them in house, and just put stickers on them to ID each. A few years ago when they came out with a special can for their Coneflakes IPA, I was wondering how they would work it for the other beers.
I've had Cone Flakes, Luciferin, Up Quark, but my favorite is Charm Quark --it's almost a Captain's Daughter clone.

Have you tried Pioneer's Trailblazer brewed out of Shabeen? Really good, juicy grapefruit with slightly bitter finish.

Reaction Score
I've had Cone Flakes, Luciferin, Up Quark, but my favorite is Charm Quark --it's almost a Captain's Daughter clone.

Have you tried Pioneer's Trailblazer brewed out of Shabeen? Really good, juicy grapefruit with slightly bitter finish.

Agreed....Trailblazer is very good. Different style than Shebeen's own stuff.
Yep....I like Firefly's Quark IPA's. I guess this new Local Bud IPA is their first beer made entirely from CT grown hops.

Interesting article in today's Courant too....

Craft Beer Explosion Fuels Demand For Local Hops

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Some people like beer. Or cars. Or art. Whatever. You like urban decay. August likes Arby's. We get it.

No need to disparage, though. People have their hobbies.

Reaction Score
Curiosity #28 is AMAZING!!!

First chance to try any of the curiosity line. Very tasty. Only got 2 cans. Looks like they have growlers of it for tmrw.

Was on my way to UConn vs UMass Lowell hockey game and decided to make a quick treehouse run for the #28.

Leaving work, I noticed my idle was a little high. Thought nothing of it and heading up 84. By the time I got to monson and got to the fork of Wales Rd and Munn Rd, my car was bucking like crazy, dashboard, and all interior lights went off. Didn't want to break down on that narrow road so I went straight on Wales road. Turned off and tried to restart and cycle the battery. DED. Had to wait for AAA, so I walked all the way from fork in road to brewery, waited in line for beer, and still was waiting for AAA. Didnt know I was on Wales road so I met AAA guy @ treehouse with a 1/2 case of 6 haze, 4 bear, and 2 #28's

Got home to listen to last 5 minutes of hockey game to learn they beat # 4/3 ranked UML 3-2!!!! Man, the 28 is tasty. Worth the crap I just had to deal with....

Reaction Score
"Best Beer" is the 10 you drink for 40 minutes of watching our hoops this year. Doesn't matter what it is either, just keep drinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom