Beer | Page 92 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That list is pretty impressive. But how many beers can you really try now that they are getting stronger and stronger?

Not as many as I tried last year. :eek: But, aside from that failure, I go every year so I don't feel pressured to try everything I want to.

Reaction Score
Enjoying a Trillium Melcher Street. Again I am in awe of Trillium Brewing. Unbelievable and amazing taste. How do they do this to 7.2 IPA?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
True, but I've been to a number of then and there are some very good ones. Not to mention a few new ones pop up every 3 to 6 months, it's just nice to have options. Not to mention is a pretty serious foodie town. If you like to eat and drink craft beers it's an awesome place to be.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone tried any of the sours from Hermit Thrush Brewing in Brattleboro, VT yet? New guy in my office brought me back a can each of their Gin Barrel Saison, Brattleberry and Stickney Kriek but I have yet to try them.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Anyone tried any of the sours from Hermit Thrush Brewing in Brattleboro, VT yet? New guy in my office brought me back a can each of their Gin Barrel Saison, Brattleberry and Stickney Kriek but I have yet to try them.
That is an all-time classic brewery name...Hermit Thrush Brewing. Wow.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I've heard of them, but just can't get into sours.

Reaction Score
That is an all-time classic brewery name...Hermit Thrush Brewing. Wow.
More classic names:
Lawson's Finest Liquids
Ass Clown Brewing Co.
Belching Beaver Brewing
Stubborn Beauty Brewing
Brewery Ommegang

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
More classic names:
Lawson's Finest Liquids
Ass Clown Brewing Co.
Belching Beaver Brewing
Stubborn Beauty Brewing
Brewery Ommegang

I like the Lawson's tag line: Straight from the Green Mountains of Vermont to your head.

Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Barcade in New Haven has Founders Breakfast Stout on tap. Need to check that out pronto.

Barcade® | 56 Orange Street, New Haven, CT 06510 | 203-889-2966
Founders Breakfast Stout | Founders Brewing Company

I'm going to NEBCo later to grab a growler fill of their Lucust Reign for the UConn football tailgate tomorrow.

Locust Reign | New England Brewing Co.

J Timothy's and MIKRO in Hamden currently have SoS on tap..
Damn you. I haven't had a beer since Labor Day and I'm down to -25 pounds and counting as of just this morning. As I sit here in New Haven feeling like rewarding myself a bit, this is the last thing I need to see. I could give back five pounds easily today/tonight with access to those two beers alone.

Reaction Score
I should add.....going to a picnic tomorrow w/. stacked line up;

Julius
Green
Alter Ego
Haze
G-Bot
Locust Reign
Double Fuzzy
Trail Blazer
Epiphany
and......Pliney the Elder

My liver hates me right now w/. the thoughts alone.

Reaction Score
Locust is very good and dare I say - better than FBD.
I love Fuzzy Baby Ducks, I can't wait to try this one. I think NEBCo's Fuzzy Baby Ducks and Double FBS is right there with some of Triullium's Double IPAs, and I know how much people love their Triullium.

Reaction Score
Damn you. I haven't had a beer since Labor Day and I'm down to -25 pounds and counting as of just this morning. As I sit here in New Haven feeling like rewarding myself a bit, this is the last thing I need to see. I could give back five pounds easily today/tonight with access to those two beers alone.
Good for you! I find myself drinking at least a beer a night these days. I've got 4 different types of Trillium beers, 4 Julius', 4 Lights On, 2 G-Bots, and 2 SoS all in my fridge right now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I'd trade all the beers I've had since Labor Day for -25 pounds in an instant. No contest.

Reaction Score
How long do you guys go before drinking a beer can rom Treehouse or Trillium or Alchemist, for example, that's been sitting in your fridge? Right now I've got the Triulliums and Treehouses that have been in my fridge for 3 weeks. At the same time, I don't watch the freshness to disappear on me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good for you! I find myself drinking at least a beer a night these days. I've got 4 different types of Trillium beers, 4 Julius', 4 Lights On, 2 G-Bots, and 2 SoS all in my fridge right now.
I'd trade all the beers I've had since Labor Day for -25 pounds in an instant. No contest.
Thanks. In fairness it's -25 since August 9th (but who's counting...). I just dropped the beer on Labor Day because I've been seeing a nutritionist/dietician and using the myfitnesspal app to track food and exercise, and when I reviewed it with her there was a comical exchange when she saw that I logged some 320 calories for a can of SoS:

"300+ calories for a beer?!? What kind of beer is that?!?"

It was like a coconut hit me on the head when I saw that a shot of Red Breast Irish Whiskey (a favorite of mine) is 65 calories. I also find myself feeling less able to drink much beer these days without feeling like crap, both that night and the next morning. Just doesn't sit that well in my stomach, especially the hop bombs we love.

I'm a little more than half way to my goal, so I'm going to try and keep it going as long as I can. I mostly drink cider, wine and whiskey instead.

So...I haven't sworn off beer by any means, but, like pizza and cheese--the other things I have a hard time controlling--I've decided that I will only make exceptions rarely, and then only for extraordinary products.

On that note, a good friend just brought me a Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig from Russian River, so I will likely be breaking the seal again soon.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How long do you guys go before drinking a beer can rom Treehouse or Trillium or Alchemist, for example, that's been sitting in your fridge? Right now I've got the Triulliums and Treehouses that have been in my fridge for 3 weeks. At the same time, I don't watch the freshness to disappear on me.
I used to try to drink those types of IPAs within two weeks for maximum freshness, but the guy from Alchemist himself apparently recommends something like three weeks to three months for what he believes is the best taste. Pretty sure there's a video out there from him to that effect but I can't access now.

Reaction Score
I should add.....going to a picnic tomorrow w/. stacked line up;

Julius
Green
Alter Ego
Haze
G-Bot
Locust Reign
Double Fuzzy
Trail Blazer
Epiphany
and.Pliney the Elder

My liver hates me right now w/. the thoughts alone.

What's the address of said picnic. I'll stop by and do some QA testing for you.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thanks. In fairness it's -25 since August 9th (but who's counting...). I just dropped the beer on Labor Day because I've been seeing a nutritionist/dietician and using the myfitnesspal app to track food and exercise, and when I reviewed it with her there was a comical exchange when she saw that I logged some 320 calories for a can of SoS:

"300+ calories for a beer?!? What kind of beer is that?!?"

It was like a coconut hit me on the head when I saw that a shot of Red Breast Irish Whiskey (a favorite of mine) is 65 calories. I also find myself feeling less able to drink much beer these days without feeling like crap, both that night and the next morning. Just doesn't sit that well in my stomach, especially the hop bombs we love.

So...I haven't sworn off beer by any means, but, like pizza and cheese--the other things I have a hard time controlling--I've decided that I will only make exceptions rarely, and then only for extraordinary products.

On that note, a good friend just brought me a Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig from Russian River, so I will likely be breaking the seal again soon.

Nice, I did something similar and lost 20 pounds or so several years ago. I've eliminated weekday beer now in most cases, but it hasn't made a dent. I may need to take the next step. MyFitness pal is a great app and really shows you just how much it kills you to do a 3-4 beer football game party with chips and buffalo cheese dip (as I did last Sunday).

I wish there was an easy fix. My sleep Dr. is going to freaking kill me when he sees I'm probably up, not down, from last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom