Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah I know. One of my friends couldn't make it to the party where we drank the first growler, so I told him I'd save some for when he was coming to see me on Saturday, even though I knew it wouldn't be great. I was a little surprised, though, that the 2nd growler couldn't even maintain maximum freshness for four days before I opened it.
Get the stainless steel one. It's only $15:

ALCHEMIST STAINLESS GROWLER | Alchemist

I bought mine at the Craft Beer Store in Waterbury, VT, but they stopped selling them. I asked the guy why, because I would have thought it to be a big seller, especially at that price. He thought the same, but said to his surprise people were not buying them. All I can say is that my buddy and I each got one, and we have both since agreed that it keeps a much tighter seal than any of our other growlers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never, ever, expect an opened growler to last any longer than the day on which you open it.

If you open it on say Friday night, Saturday afternoon will usually work. But within 24 hours.

As for the stainless growler...MA still has the stupid law that places can only fill their own growlers. As a result, I tend to go for Crowlers when possible.

Reaction Score
Ok someone hurry, can't read this stuff again but what's a good beer stop in the Bristol area to pick up a couple growlers for my wife today? Thanks

Reaction Score
That sucks they had a maple she would have loved, next time I'm down that way it will be a must.

Anything else, doesn't have to be Bristol just the area I can drive that back way to Feeding Hills through WHart, Simsbury etc etc....10-202 route. Thanks

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That sucks they had a maple she would have loved, next time I'm down that way it will be a must.

Anything else, doesn't have to be Bristol just the area I can drive that back way to Feeding Hills through WHart, Simsbury etc etc....10-202 route. Thanks

Don't know that you're gonna find anything up that way. You might have to drive into Hartford and go to City Steam.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it has been mentioned - Forest City Brewery in Middletown
My son is very well versed in the craft beer area - visits breweries throughout the country
I bought him two growlers at this new brewery - Remington and Stargazer
His reaction - these are on the Tree House level
Just an FYI
I cant vouch for the quality - I played too much in the booze game when younger and quit 23 years ago - besides if they were around back then, at the cost of these crafts, it would have left me broke!!!!!
I finally got over to Forest City Brewing on Saturday. The two IPAs you mentioned, Stargazer and Remington, were tapped. I had a pint of Stargazer which I thought was fantastic. Took 32 oz of Remington home to try and was equally impressed with that one as well.

I'm planning on going back on Friday to fill my crowler again. These folks may be new, but they are putting out a terrific product.

Reaction Score
Heading from CT up to the Catskills in NY state this weekend.
Going to be driving through Newburgh on I-84 and then up Rte 17 to the Bethel/Liberty/Livingston Manor area.
I see several breweries up that way online....any specific recommendations from the group????

We've already checked out Catskill Brewing in Livingston Manor.
Newburgh Brewing seems like an easy first stop but don't know much about them.

Reaction Score
Ok someone hurry, can't read this stuff again but what's a good beer stop in the Bristol area to pick up a couple growlers for my wife today? Thanks

I have a second home at Firefly Hollow in Bristol. 10 minutes from my place. :)
They are only open Thurs to Sunday like many breweries.
You may have trouble finding one open on a Tues.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Going to be driving through Newburgh on I-84 and then up Rte 17 to the Bethel/Liberty/Livingston Manor area.
I see several breweries up that way online....any specific recommendations from the group????

It's probably a half-hour out of your way in each direction, but Peekskill Brewery is excellent. Great selection of high-quality, house-brewed beers, including several IPAs and a few sours, as well as other interesting specials all the time.

And their food is among the best I've had at any brewpub. I still have daydreams about the pulled pork sandwich with fried oysters and kimchi on a brioche roll. Looking at their menu now, it looks like they swapped out the pulled pork for a house-made sausage patty, which sounds even better, if possible.

Reaction Score
So who's Uconn_Huskies on beer advocate? I waited in line for Twenty Seven today and wanted to see what people were saying only to find what has to be someone from this thread was the first to throw this beer on there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So who's Uconn_Huskies on beer advocate? I waited in line for Twenty Seven today and wanted to see what people were saying only to find what has to be someone from this thread was the first to throw this beer on there.

Not me. I'm HuskyHawk, same as here. Same on Utappd too.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I was really impressed with this Derivative Galaxy from Proclamation Ale co.
image.jpg
But the C27 was among the best beers I have ever tasted.
image.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Halftime at the FB game tonight and I'm going for a beer. I'm struck by the fact that there are no lines at any of the kiosks I'm passing. Bud, Coors, Lite, Sam, Guiness - nothing. I get to the stand selling Two Roads cans and I'm 18th in line, I counted. Talk about a sea change.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Kingston has Keegan Ales
Chatham has Chatham Brewing
Athens there's Crossroads Brewing
Middleburgh - Green Wolf
East Berne - Heldeberg Mountain

Thats a start.

Reaction Score
Pilsner Urquell is my new favorite...had it at Max's a while ago and have been able to find it at our local packy. Excellent flavored pilsner. Had a few Kolsch's at the Cambridge Brew Pub in Granby CT last weekend they were solid light ales for a picky domestic guy like myself.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pilsner Urquell is my new favorite...had it at Max's a while ago and have been able to find it at our local packy. Excellent flavored pilsner. Had a few Kolsch's at the Cambridge Brew Pub in Granby CT last weekend they were solid light ales for a picky domestic guy like myself.
Solid pilsner--the first one ever, iirc.

Although IPAs have long been the rage for most American craft beer fans, several of them make great pilsners now. Von Trapp, out of Stowe, VT makes a really good one, and it's available in CT now.

Reaction Score
I saw that a package store near me has Jai Alai cans so I am going to scoop some up. They also have Jai Alai White Oak bottles. Anyone ever try the latter?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I saw that a package store near me has Jai Alai cans so I am going to scoop some up. They also have Jai Alai White Oak bottles. Anyone ever try the latter?

Do you live in CT? Never had White Oak, but I love Jai Alai.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes. Vista Marker is right over the Ridgefield border.
Many, many trips to Vista late nights and on Sundays...in high school. Is the Beer Barn still there?

I shudder to think that I have high schoolers now. And tonight is their homecoming dance. And I just gave them the dad speech...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom