BE Title Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BE Title Game

Reaction Score
The combo of two cold blooded assassins like Gillespie and Moore is pretty tough. It always seems like they shoot 80% from 3 and 100% on their post ups when it counts.
We had guards like Shabazz and Kemba who did this for us when it mattered. We just need another guard or 2 that can step into their shoes.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
UCONN could have won against both Creighton and Nova if both of those teams didn't make some of the 3s. Both were hot from 3s against us. Today, Creighton was not good from 3s, and they paid the price. Nova just knows how to win games like this.

Hate to say it, but Gillespie is clutch.
Gillespie has some of that Bazz clutch

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
dang 54-48 final in the big east championship game.

absolutely riveting basketball. definitely not bad basketball in a mediocre league.

Reaction Score
How many recruiting classes are we behind Nova? 2?

In terms of being at their level.

Reaction Score
dang 54-48 final in the big east championship game.

absolutely riveting basketball. definitely not bad basketball in a mediocre league.
LMFAO. Welcome back Kobe :)

will you pull for UCLA at all or is Mick Cronin persona non grata for you?

Reaction Score
How many recruiting classes are we behind Nova? 2?

In terms of being at their level.
We're right there, our last two games against them were a coin flip. Hurley will have every single one of the players he's recruited next year and Diggins, Samson, Floyd, and Karaban have all had a season to learn how things are done. Should be a good balance of veterans and young guys.

Reaction Score
If we want our title back as the big dog of the Big East, we have to beat Nova often and consistently. It is good Gillespie will be gone next year. We also won't have Cole unless he decides to come back.
The program is in the correct upward trajectory. It should not be used as a crutch, but UConn was in the abyss in 2017-2019. Especially in 2017 and 2018. Those two years were worse than the Dom Perno years

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Clingan needs to be like Kalkbrenner for us. Clingan is even bigger than him and they're both great passers. Kalk was a solid contributor as a freshman but took his body to another level as a sophomore and is now a beast. He'll be a star his junior season.
That‘s a good comparison. Without having even seen DC on the court, I‘d take that.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If we want our title back as the big dog of the Big East, we have to beat Nova often and consistently. It is good Gillespie will be gone next year. We also won't have Cole unless he decides to come back.
What about Creighton.

Reaction Score
Thats a good comparison. Without having even seen DC on the court, I‘d take that

If DC can play anywhere near Kalkbrenner, we will take it. Kalkbrenner killed us and he carried Creighton tonight. We really need another guard that can make 3s. We will lose Polley next year, and I really hope one of the new guys can knock down 3s. If Johnson ever can develop a consistent shot, it be a huge help.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Does Justin Moore come back to Nova for his senior year next year? If not Nova will be very young.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This game is even worse than our title game vs Butler. At least that one got to 100.
Nope. 53-41.

I liked that game. A lot.

I liked this game too. Very competitive. The only game I've watched all day.

And somehow, I like that so many disliked both.

And as much as we might want to DISlike Collin Gillespie the same as Christian Laettner, we simply cannot. I like that about us.

It has been great to watch all of the Big East teams and games this season, and I'll root for each team in post-season play unless UConn is their opponent.

Now I'll check out Arizona for the first time. I watched no earlier games today, and don't care.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I noticed of the last three Nova games that I watched (2 against us and today) that Gillespie gets a fair number of rebounds, but at least half of them aren't rebounds in the traditional sense. He grabs missed rebounds off the bounce, or contested rebounds that neither of the interior players fighting for it have managed to control and he grabs the ball as it squirts away.

Reaction Score
Creighton is gonna be a tough out in the big dance
All four of the semi teams should be in theory, but it usually never works out like that in the brackets.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Good Lord do the Duke fans look stunned. 14 down with a couple minutes to go. Haven't had occasion to watch them recently, and had forgotten how much K looks like a rat.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Good Lord do the Duke fans look stunned. 14 down with a couple minutes to go. Haven't had occasion to watch them recently, and had forgotten how much K looks like a rat.
What a wonderful surprise of a post to find in this thread!

Reaction Score
If he's not getting drafted, why would he waste a prime year of his career in college? He should go get his contract and play professionally.
Gillespie just did and he’ll never sniff the nba…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom