BE Champion vs Seton Hall post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE Champion vs Seton Hall post game thread

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
When Dan Hurley first arrived, he was labeled as a coach who excelled at defense and toughness. He certainly wasn’t known as an offensive genius.

Fast forward to today, our team is such a pleasure to watch. The offense is absolutely beautiful. Tremendous offensive sets, great ball movement, great flow. Where did this come from? Whatever the answer is, I’m loving it!

He said after the New Mexico State game that he had to focus on offense. And he has

Reaction Score
Yes, but the team‘s constant movement and execution is something to behold. We do have OVER THE TOP BBIQ in so many players, Cam, Newt, Alex, Castle even
Clingan too, he still fouls more than we would like but he has an incredible basketball mind for a young big. Awesome awareness on defense and his decision making vision and passing for a young big is incredible. I don't ever remember him turning it over at the top of the key this season and he scans the whole court.

Reaction Score
That whole game was a joy to watch. Clingan was a beast today and the rest of the team followed suit.

2023-24 Big East regular season champions (outright).

Two more trophies to go (three if you count NCAA Tourney East Regional champs).
Three trophies to go. You get one for winning the East Regional.

Reaction Score
Diarra is definitely coming back. Compare Hurleys and the coaching staffs hugs coming off the court with Diarra to Newton and Spencer. They know he’s back.
I was also analyzing that

Reaction Score
When Dan Hurley first arrived, he was labeled as a coach who excelled at defense and toughness. He certainly wasn’t known as an offensive genius.

Fast forward to today, our team is such a pleasure to watch. The offense is absolutely beautiful. Tremendous offensive sets, great ball movement, great flow. Where did this come from? Whatever the answer is, I’m loving it!
There are stretches where UConn's play isn't magnificent and the other team hangs with them, but the thing is with UConn they maintain their defense for the entire game, and sooner or later their offense does loosen up and flow. They have, as Khalid said way back when, "spurtability", which is fueled by their defense. Great game today, very clean.

Reaction Score
Just posted this message on Chiefs'thread:

I just threw a Cam Spencer punch in the air 15 minutes ago when I saw the final score and everyone here in the airport gave me a stunned look.

Nothing is better sports news while I am waiting to board my flight to Dubai than UConn clinching the BE regular season title and smashing Seton Hall. Just being a UConn fan not even a player, I had a payback mindset.

Reaction Score
Still #4 and #18 in KenPom offense and defense, respectively, but the absolute numbers are good enough to have us leapfrog Purdue quite significantly into #2 overall.
Weren't they #18 in AdjD before today also? Seems strange not to move up at all holding another team to 38% from the field and giving up only 61 points. But I guess at this point in the season 1 game doesn't move the needle much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom