BE 24-25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE 24-25

Reaction Score
This is exactly what he said the other day. If Karaban leaves they’re looking for a “development guy” at the 4. I don’t know why people put zero stock in what the people who are actually making these decisions say they’re going to do.
I don't think that's what he said. He said 2 different things: if they fill the 13th scholarship, it'll be a developmental guy. If Alex leaves, they are working on contingencies. Hurley was pressed on if that meant a backup guy, and Hurley just said there were some 4 men they have their eye on.

Reaction Score
The bottom of the lBE has me worried about the future of the BE. It will keep the league as a mid-major and hurt it's reputation. UConn's mini dynasty and the Villanova connection leading the Knicks right now is saving the league. The future is increasingly about NIL money and conference media money distribution, which is a big challenge for the league.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Creighton has to be the favored team with the media going into next season. They are stacked with high point production players but in my opinion that doesn't make an efficient team. It will be UConn/Creighton down to the wire in both regular season as well as the NBE Tournament.

Reaction Score
The bottom of the lBE has me worried about the future of the BE. It will keep the league as a mid-major and hurt it's reputation. UConn's mini dynasty and the Villanova connection leading the Knicks right now is saving the league. The future is increasingly about NIL money and conference media money distribution, which is a big challenge for the league.
I don't think you understand what mid major means

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fixed that for you. The game has changed so much in 20 years, I don't think any team can win a championship with a lead guard who only takes 5 threes all season. Basically 1 attempt every 8 games would be untenable in todays game and puts way too much pressure on the rest of the shooters and packs in the defense.

He has to be a threat from deep, limit turnovers, make good decisions and play close to the defense he's shown the last few years. He'll have to play more minutes, so he can't be as aggressive on defense. That will be the balance he needs to learn. Fewer fouls, maybe a few less steals.

Most of all he has to be the leader for an all new team with the loss of Newton and no (or one) returning starters.
Didnt need fixing. Hass will need to be "more" offensively. It's saying the same thing.

Reaction Score
don't think that's what he said. He said 2 different things: if they fill the 13th scholarship, it'll be a developmental guy. If Alex leaves, they are working on contingencies. Hurley was pressed on if that meant a backup guy, and Hurley just said there were some 4 men they have their eye on.
"you lay some groundwork potentially with that situation incase Alex ends up going, so you obviously have some contingencies that you prepare for that way"

interpretation- hurley has identified (and possibly even contacted) some options in the portal incase AK stays in the draft

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't think that's what he said. He said 2 different things: if they fill the 13th scholarship, it'll be a developmental guy. If Alex leaves, they are working on contingencies. Hurley was pressed on if that meant a backup guy, and Hurley just said there were some 4 men they have their eye on.

The "contingency" wont be at the expense of playing time to Jaylin Stewart

Reaction Score
but that's doesnt mean it has to be a developmental player. it can mean stew's backup that plays 10-15mpg

August_West

Reaction Score
but that's doesnt mean it has to be a developmental player. it can mean stew's backup that plays 10-15mpg
That is "further down the depth chart" no?

Reaction Score
That is "further down the depth chart" no?
we're getting into semantics now but when i hear "very far down the depth chart" i think developmental player not rotation player, and we at least need an experienced rotation player to backup stew at PF if AK leaves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

How do you know? Players need to earn their playing time. Ball was getting PT at the expense Diarra and then Diarra became the BE 6th man of the year and Ball sat.

Are you assuming Stewart leaves if AK comes back? Posters have been saying all spring that Hurley is not going to add at the expense of PT for the current roster and yet he keeps bringing in studs who will compete for PT, as he should. In his words the best roster top to bottom they have had.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
How do you know? Players need to earn their playing time. Ball was getting PT at the expense Diarra and then Diarra became the BE 6th man of the year and Ball sat.

Are you assuming Stewart leaves if AK comes back? Posters have been saying all spring that Hurley is not going to add at the expense of the current roster and yet he keeps bringing in studs, as he should. In his words the best roster top to bottom they have had.
Because I know

August_West

Reaction Score
You know how PT will be distributed next year, I must say that is impressive.
Its Magic GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Reaction Score
The preseason poll of Big East coaches should come out something like this.

1. St. John's
2. Creighton
3. Marquette
4. Villanova.
5. Georgetown
6. UConn
7. Providence
8. Xavier
9. Butler
10. Seton Hall
11. Depaul

Reaction Score

1. St. John's
Too many coaches pissed at Pitino "checking in" with their players for that to happen.

Reaction Score
FWIW Trilly said he's heard from BYU people they think it'll be BYU or UConn for Egor Demin. Maybe that's the Karaban replacement. Most talk still seems to be Illinois for him though

Reaction Score
I can't keep track of anybody's roster except ours. So UConn all the way until proven otherwise

Reaction Score
FWIW Trilly said he's heard from BYU people they think it'll be BYU or UConn for Egor Demin. Maybe that's the Karaban replacement. Most talk still seems to be Illinois for him though
Interesting . Why would byu fans have insider info on a Russian kid playing in Spain? If pope was recruiting him before he left I’d think UK would be involved

Reaction Score
Interesting . Why would byu fans have insider info on a Russian kid playing in Spain? If pope was recruiting him before he left I’d think UK would be involved
For the same reason people in UConn's athletic department might hear that a recruit we're going after is down to UConn and some other school. Doubt it happens though

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

1. St. John's
2. Creighton
3. Marquette
4. Villanova.
5. Georgetown
6. UConn
7. Providence
8. Xavier
9. Butler
10. Seton Hall
11. Depaul

I am going off this:

Villanova, Seton Hall and Georgetown are going to be bottom 4 with Depaul, and Butler is likely going to be preseason #7. The haul for all those schools has been light, with Seton Hall's roster devastated.

My rankings:

1) Xavier - Huge haul in the Transfer Portal. If Hunter and Freemantle are back anywhere close to where they were, this is the best team in the league.
2) Providence - Hopkins back plus some good transfers
3) Creighton - Scheierman is a huge loss, but a decent transfer portal and recruiting class make up for it.
4) UConn - Good recruiting class two years in a row plus a solid transfer portal.
5) St. Johns - Two good transfers but Pitino lost a lot from last year.
6) Marquette - Shaka has a lot more confidence in the returning players than I do. He should have hit the Transfer Portal more aggressively.
7) Butler - I didn't think the guys that left were that good, and a decent take in the transfer portal. Telfort returning would help a lot.
8) Georgetown - Mack and Peavy are decent, but a lot of scoring left from a bad team.
9) Depaul - I like Holtmann as a coach and he brought in a reasonable haul from the Transfer Portal.
10) Villanova - Huge losses from a team that had a lot of talent and underperformed because of its coach.
11) Seton Hall - This is not remotely a major conference roster. Holloway should have left at the end of the season. This school will end his career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom