BC struggles to compete in ACC. Why did ACC want them? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BC struggles to compete in ACC. Why did ACC want them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The politics: Miami was the prize, obviously, and called all the shots. No one cared about or wanted Va Tech initially who of course was 4th choice.......

.......Also so long as the Tobacco Road snobs have any power at all WVU was never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to the ACC.

Just a quick sidebar on this....

MASSIVE political pressure in Virginia was brought to bear upon the University of Virginia to INSIST that Va Tech be invited in to the ACC. NONE of the ACC schools (including U Va) wanted a thing to do with the Hokies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Vowelguy is correct and while the Viking is showing his arrogance. I love when UCONN fans say we are terrified of UCONN ...
Just a foolish and ignorant statement.

It isn't UConn fans saying that, it's BCU alums like Bob Ryan. He said as much several times over the years.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It isn't UConn fans saying that, it's BCU alums like Bob Ryan. He said as much several times over the years.

And their AD. DeFillipo said ""We didn't want them in. It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team."

That quote is clear as day, they know they aren't the team in NE, they just want to be. I guess its good to have aspirations, and if trying to block us helps them they will do that. But that is fear acting, nothing else.

Reaction Score
UCONN alumn are arrogant?

Go to a BC orientation if you want to witness the ultimate in arrogance based on an inferiority complex. One and one-half hours listening to how difficult it is to be admitted with frequent comparisons on Harvard. Very little about what BC ultimately has to offer.

Very unimpressed with the leadership at BC. GDF was a baffoon and was allowed to hang around and completely duck up that AD as an example.

I'ld love for UCONN to be in the ACC right now, but I envy BC not at all.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
C'mon guys. CTEagle is gone. He had his fun trolling for a couple days, he was put in his place, and went home with his tail between his legs. It's time that we take the high road and let this thread die an honorable death...until CTEagle returns. Then let him have it again.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I'm dead serious about the leadership issues at BC. It's not message board fodder for me. It's a behavior I consistently see in that institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom