BC Dominating the Boston/New England Market | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BC Dominating the Boston/New England Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hear you regarding BC home football game attendance, but Uconn football is giving away free tickets now to its home football games, but still can't fill up the Rent for games off campus in Hartford. So I'm not so sure Uconn football fans should be pointing fingers at other school's " attendance ", when they have their own issues on home games football attendance at the moment. Just sayin'.
adorable.

Reaction Score
BC Interruption - Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh, @Yawkey Way - curious how you know this ("his info is WRONG, by the way.. Globe, and other Boston media outlts WILL have beat writers there for the FCS Wagner game") to be fact on the Tuesday before the game.

Being in the Boston/BC area as I am now (and I was raised in the Valley-so let's put things in perspective),
Several items of note that:
every media outlet is focusing (AS IT SHOULD)
a) on the Sox drive to the pennant
b) Jimmy G injury /Patriots QB situation
c) Bruins training cam opening
d) the Globe is now owned by the principal owner of the Sox
e)Blauds is a non-entity in Boston.
f) checked in with my friend(s) who have covered BC football, Husky Medic is correct-they do a writer covering.....

We need to focus on Syracuse and getting all of us to Alumni Stadium in November.

Reaction Score
Context is everything. Blauds was more than willing to mock BC under their current football misfortunes ( fair game). As such, it seems proper for me to mock his football coverage misfortune of becoming irrelevent to all this, by his getting canned from the very paper ( Globe ) that he alleges... incorrectly.... will not send a Globe reporter to cover the BC football game vs. lower tier Wagner. Also, I did not use any vulgarity, nor profanity in my reply about him... nor with any other posters on here.

He didn't say they wouldn't send a reporter. He said the "beat guys" (i.e. the regular reporter assigned to BC) won't be at the game. Perhaps there's something else going on that they will be covering this weekend and the papers will cover with a lower level reporter or stringer. After all, it's only Wagner, a team you think they shouldn't even be playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I hear you regarding BC home football game attendance, but Uconn football is giving away free tickets now to its home football games, but still can't fill up the Rent for games off campus in Hartford. So I'm not so sure Uconn football fans should be pointing fingers at other school's " attendance ", when they have their own issues on home games football attendance at the moment. Just sayin'.
you're act is so tiring... it's like a batman beacon anytime someone mentions BC. Count to 5, and you post some cliche ridden remark that is riddled with half-truths.

Where are you seeing that Uconn is handing out free tickets? I'm looking for 5 tickets for Saturday and the best price is $25 through Uconn. And those are only in the corners. Otherwise it's $30-40/ticket on average for the upper tier.

good news is, this year we get to see on the field and in the stands who brings the fans.

Maybe a wager should be made:
Uconn wins, you don't post here until a week before the next BC/Uconn game (banned). If BC wins, you get to post all you want on the BC forum gloating of your victory over Uconn.

Reaction Score
As someone who lives in Boston with several BC alums as friends, I take no solace in what's happening to BC athletics. Vibrant rivals are always a better option for fan interest.
FYI, yesterday, I was with two long time/big time BC supporters during a mediation. Here are a few comments they made. After years of attendance, neither re-upped on BC football season tix. They are disgusted with Addazio (who they said tries to recruit too much in Florida for guys ill suited to BC). Interestingly, both perceived their President as someone who would actually love to de-emphasize athletics at BC (and both agreed he's doing a good job at that already!).
As for UConn's exclusion from the ACC both immediately brought up the lawsuit and Blumenthal's desire to grandstand." What he accomplished was making the lawsuit appear to be driven by UConn, all to UConn's long term detriment". I've heard that from too many folks along the way to dismiss it as urban legend. But both wished we were ACC members so our rivalry could be embraced.
There are lots of frustrated folks at BC and no-one seems to have a good answer for how to cure their woes.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
As someone who lives in Boston with several BC alums as friends, I take no solace in what's happening to BC athletics. Vibrant rivals are always a better option for fan interest.
FYI, yesterday, I was with two long time/big time BC supporters during a mediation. Here are a few comments they made. After years of attendance, neither re-upped on BC football season tix. They are disgusted with Addazio (who they said tries to recruit too much in Florida for guys ill suited to BC). Interestingly, both perceived their President as someone who would actually love to de-emphasize athletics at BC (and both agreed he's doing a good job at that already!).
As for UConn's exclusion from the ACC both immediately brought up the lawsuit and Blumenthal's desire to grandstand." What he accomplished was making the lawsuit appear to be driven by UConn, all to UConn's long term detriment". I've heard that from too many folks along the way to dismiss it as urban legend. But both wished we were ACC members so our rivalry could be embraced.
There are lots of frustrated folks at BC and no-one seems to have a good answer for how to cure their woes.
F-BC... But you're right we need rivalries that matter in college sports- especially here in the Northeast in big boy CFB. I say the ACC adds UConn and goes to 16 already. Why have a 15 school conference? Talk about unbalanced!

What about a UConn/BC rivarly game once a year. Would be huge.

Reaction Score
F-BC... But you're right we need rivalries that matter in college sports- especially here in the Northeast in big boy CFB. I say the ACC adds UConn and goes to 16 already. Why have a 15 school conference? Talk about unbalanced!

What about a UConn/BC rivarly game once a year. Would be huge.
If you want to talk rivalries...the ACC could add UConn and West Virginia as 15/16 and have 3 instantly hated rivalries (UConn/BC, UConn/Cuse, WVU/Pitt). I don't see the B-12 surviving if they add Houston and Cincy only and that would free up WVU for the taking.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So, I guess Yawkey doesn't actually know if Blauds was fired or downsized.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Ha Ha!
BC is suffering and has a bad case of the Pasqualoni's right now.

paul-pasqualoni.jpg

Reaction Score

That all makes perfect sense. UCONN's exclusion from the ACC was to UCONN's detriment, but it was also to the detriment of college athletics in the Northeast. UCONN simply brings too much to the table to be excluded. Defelipo was in way over his head and is a vengeful little man. He did harm (or at least tried to harm) UCONN all the while setting BC up for the situation they are currently experiencing.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If you want to talk rivalries...the ACC could add UConn and West Virginia as 15/16 and have 3 instantly hated rivalries (UConn/BC, UConn/Cuse, WVU/Pitt). I don't see the B-12 surviving if they add Houston and Cincy only and that would free up WVU for the taking.
I also think there's no way Notre Dame moves into the ACC for FB. Their Men's Hockey program just annouced they're going to the Big Ten and leave Hockey East in 2017. A ND move for all sports to the Big Ten just has always made the most sense to me both geographically and kind of the level of university's they would be aligned with.

Reaction Score
I also think there's no way Notre Dame moves into the ACC for FB. Their Men's Hockey program just annouced they're going to the Big Ten and leave Hockey East in 2017. A ND move for all sports to the Big Ten just has always made the most sense to me both geographically and kind of the level of university's they would be aligned with.
As much as ND will need that 13th data point of a Conference Championship game...I just don't see them going into a conference in football. No matter what they have the best of both worlds right now and between their ACC tv money, ACC Network share, and NBC football money they make at least as much as a full share B1G team. The more I see about B-12 expansion the more I believe they are a dead conference walking and will be no longer in 7 years..maybe less.

Reaction Score
I was played golf today and one of the guys in my group was a BC grad who was a former chair of their athletic advisory council. His view was pretty interesting and to an extent agreeswith uconndogs. Thinks wrecking the Big East was a huge mistake and that he feels like BC doesn't belong. He also says that they really aren't set up to be a football school and there is some feeling among the younger alumni that they should forget trying to be a major power because they just don't have the things necessary to do that. They should go the Villanova route and play FCS football and concentrate on basketball any of course hockey. Won't happen in 2-3 years but it might in 10.

Reaction Score
I was played golf today and one of the guys in my group was a BC grad who was a former chair of their athletic advisory council. Thinks wrecking the Big East was a huge mistake .
I'd give your BC golfing buddy a mulligan if he's convinced you that BC " wrecked the Big East ". The Big East people that ran their basketball centric world out of Providence, R.I. '"wrecked the Big East Football League". The Big East was started by Dave Gavitt, a former College Basketball Coach. The BE Football schools were always at odds..right from the beginning... with the Basketball oriented schools. Once Miami.. a football oriented school... bolted the BE, the Big East football side crumbled quickly. BC did what Uconn is attempting to do now. Get out, and find a better, more stable league for its football program, as well as its other sports.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is so unbelievably ignorant that I'm hard pressed to understand how you can figure out how to use a computer. Traditional media jobs are being cut back every day. People are losing them not because they are not doing their jobs adequately, but because -- like steelworkers -- the market does not support the number of jobs in an industry that it used to. Like the steel industry.

Yet you, the almighty one, feel free to assume that a man lost their job because of their performance for the incredibly important reason that he shared his observation of the state of your football program.

I never said that BC had so much power and influence in Boston, that they were able to get Blauds fired at the Boston Globe because of his anti BC bias. You believe this, but I don't share this view at all. You also assume that Blauds lost his job most likely due to downsizing, but you don't tell us why you believe this to be the case with Blauds. I told you above that he was canned. I state this because this is what I was told. Blauds sources are BE sources. Once BC went to the ACC, Blauds became irrelevant to the Globe and its readers, as nobody cares about BE Football, nor BE Basketball in Greater Boston. Blauds has no sources that he's cultivated over the years that are in the ACC, as he never thought he would need to.. Blauds also had some other issues, that also contributed to the Globe's decision to not renew his contract. The decision had nothing to do with " the steel industry " , and what they do there either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That may make the paper because if Wagner wins, Addazio is gone the next day.
I think there is a good chance that Addazio will be canned even if he beats both Wagner and Uconn, but does not get BC back to bowling this season. Donors are not happy. He's probably a goner at the end of this season. Theres' no excuse for Uconn not to beat BC in football this season. This is the worst BC football team is decades.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never said that BC had so much power and influence in Boston, that they were able to get Blauds fired at the Boston Globe because of his anti BC bias. You believe this, but I don't share this view at all. You also assume that Blauds lost his job most likely due to downsizing, but you don't tell us why you believe this to be the case with Blauds. I told you above that he was canned. I state this because this is what I was told. Blauds sources are BE sources. Once BC went to the ACC, Blauds became irrelevant to the Globe and its readers, as nobody cares about BE Football, nor BE Basketball in Greater Boston. Blauds has no sources that he's cultivated over the years that are in the ACC, as he never thought he would need to.. Blauds also had some other issues, that also contributed to the Globe's decision to not renew his contract. The decision had nothing to do with " the steel industry " , and what they do there either.
Yawkey outside of hockey..it's pretty evident that nobody in Boston cares about BC sports. Oh how the mighty have fallen. It's actually quite sad!

Reaction Score
YW
Neither he nor I said BC alone wrecked the Big East. Lots of people had a hand in that. The point is that it was bad for BC because they never fit in the ACC. Their football program was never much more than pretty good with a couple of exceptions every decade or so. Now it's bad and will be really hard to rebuild. And they are losing their fan base. Current students don't much care. The old bald eagles are aging out or dying off and as BC has moved from being Boston's Catholic college to a more national profile the local fan base isn't being replenished. The days when half the parishioners at every Catholic Chuech in the metro area either went to BC or had kids or grandkids there are long gone. A guy from North Carolina who went to BC and works in Charlotte ain't going to more than 1 game. The guys from Charlestown with 3 kids. a niece and 2 brothers who went there might be tempted to by season tickets. Add the Patriots the Sox all being successful and BC becomes the forgotten player. And current students have witnessed awful football and basketball so have no reason to go and hence no loyalty to the programs. BC Has some internal numbers on this stuff and it isn't pretty. And it's why my guy, class of 1977, thinks long term they will eventually downgrade the program and play Villanova. Holy Cross, UNH and so forth and focus on the easier rebuild of credibility in basketball. W

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Maybe. Who knows. I don't engage in obscene vulgarity towards others.. even with those who might deserve such from their uncalled personal insult vulgarities ( its says more about the vulgar user thn the recipient of the vulgarity, imo anyway.). Besides, I'm guessing, most here believe you did not mean to hurl the vulgarity insult to me of " bouchebag", but another vularity that rymnes with it.. but whatever. I done now on this topic as I can see that a couple here are not interested in dialogue on Blauds, BC, but it simply launching vulgarities and whatnot. I can handle criticisms of my comments, but the vulgarity insults are boring for me... and beneath me to engage in such trash talking anyway. So all have a good afternoon.

Now THAT is a BC poster ladies and gentlemen. Yes, Yawkey, you are far too enlightened to be here. Please leave, lol.

Reaction Score
I think there is a good chance that Addazio will be canned even if he beats both Wagner and Uconn, but does not get BC back to bowling this season. Donors are not happy. He's probably a goner at the end of this season. Theres' no excuse for Uconn not to beat BC in football this season. This is the worst BC football team is decades.

Unless this is the final year of his contract, I doubt he gets canned (unless he goes "defeated" for the rest of the season). I can't see your President allowing a buyout while dishing big dollars to a replacement for multiple years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's sad that we always drag out these BC hate threads. We're finally playing BC this year, let's save it for game week. I sure hope they beat Wagner and so do less damage to our SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom