Bazz vs Kane. Shotcharts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bazz vs Kane. Shotcharts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why?
well he gets a lot of those looks from niang who assists on a tonof his makes. hoiberg changed his offense freeing it up for kane, so he'll have other opportunities.

Reaction Score
Hoiberg chooses to give mid range jump shots because that is what the metrics say are missing in the college game. More time than not it is a low percentage shot. Not just for ISU but for all teams.
He also has the defense take away one side of the court. Shabazz's shot chart actually excites me. Hoiberg will give Shabazz the right side and play the percentages until Shabazz burns him. I wouldn't even be surprised if he is content giving Shabazz his 25 points as long as it is all from the right side. It has been a point of interest for me this season. ISU will overplay one side and dare teams/players to go the direction ISU wants. I think Fred would take Napier's combined 30% from the right side.

Reaction Score
So two schools of thought on how to read this:

1) ISU's offense its much more efficient at getting the defense off balance to get the shot they want where they want it, while bazz has to work extra hard to find open space on the floor.

Or.

2) Kane's game is rigid and depends on getting into the paint where Bazz is more free form and can beat you from any spot on the floor more or less.

Not sure which.
Both.

2) Kane has improved his 3pt shot much more as the season has gone on. He near 50% his last 10 games. Teams have started to play off him giving him better shots from three.

Reaction Score
well he gets a lot of those looks from niang who assists on a ton of his makes. hoiberg changed his offense freeing it up for kane, so he'll have other opportunities.
If I read that chart right...he has very few attempts from the corner as that is what the smaller dots show. Niang averages 3.6 APG. I would not assume the assists came from Niang. A lot come from Morris or on fast breaks. Most of Deandre's 3s are unassisted. Guys will sag off of him taking away the drive and he will pump a couple of times and then pull the trigger.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hoiberg chooses to give mid range jump shots because that is what the metrics say are missing in the college game. More time than not it is a low percentage shot. Not just for ISU but for all teams.
He also has the defense take away one side of the court. Shabazz's shot chart actually excites me. Hoiberg will give Shabazz the right side and play the percentages until Shabazz burns him. I wouldn't even be surprised if he is content giving Shabazz his 25 points as long as it is all from the right side. It has been a point of interest for me this season. ISU will overplay one side and dare teams/players to go the direction ISU wants. I think Fred would take Napier's combined 30% from the right side.

If that's the case, we'll just plant Giffey and Daniels on the other side and bomb away.

And it's a lot easier to say you'll take away one side for Napier than it is to do it. He's pretty crafty. He can also fill a stat sheet in a number of ways, so I don't think has to jack up 25 shots or anything.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, we'll just plant Giffey and Daniels on the other side and bomb away.

And it's a lot easier to say you'll take away one side for Napier than it is to do it. He's pretty crafty. He can also fill a stat sheet in a number of ways, so I don't think has to jack up 25 shots or anything.
I think people who don't see him often think of him as a gunner. Nothing can be further from the truth. He is willing put his point production on the back burner when better situations present themselves. The team has struggled, though, as Boat went through a prolonged shooting slump, Calhoun an even longer one, and Daniels got hurt. That made Napier need to score more. But you look at some of our better games earlier in the year, and Napier didn't score as much.

Reaction Score
Frankly, with some of the scores ISU has given up this year, I'm not sure they're making anyone do anything on the defensive end of the floor, and that was with Niang.

Reaction Score
Frankly, with some of the scores ISU has given up this year, I'm not sure they're making anyone do anything on the defensive end of the floor, and that was with Niang.
They play fast. I suspect they had a bad night defensively, and a sub-par offensive game. They are ranked in the Top 60 on defensive points per possession, so I'm not expecting it to be a cakewalk.

Villanova's D, though, was above 19 before we played them (we played well, so it dropped).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom