Bazz’s take on the WSU game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bazz’s take on the WSU game

Reaction Score
The tone for the season was set during the Arkansas game. No one was held accountable for that debacle. The last 10 minutes of that game featured our "best" players padding their stats and laughing as they got killed on national tv. Should have had the walkons in.

Reaction Score
Give Kevin Ollie Kentucky's roster in the SEC and I bet there record will be a lot better than what they are currently. If Calipari was coaching the current UCONN squad we wouldn't have more than 6 wins. Matter of fact he probably would be out for the rest of the season with an undisclosed injury.

Reaction Score
Your moral superiority schtick has run it's course

Did I read that you were a UCONN student 2010-2014??

That explains alot.. 2 titles in your 4 years.

Seems to me like your a entitled snowflake who throws fits anytime anyone does not proclaim “fire Ollie” or say something negative.

You have stated your opinion 1000 times we all know where you stand. Must you wreck every thread several times with your tantrums?

Do you have any insight on anything other than Ollies employment status ? You never discuss anything basketball related just negative things.

Reaction Score
Did I read that you were a UCONN student 2010-2014??

That explains alot.. 2 titles in your 4 years.

Seems to me like your a entitled snowflake who throws fits anytime anyone does not proclaim “fire Ollie” or say something negative.

You have stated your opinion 1000 times we all know where you stand. Must you wreck every thread several times with your tantrums?

Do you have any insight on anything other than Ollies employment status ?
Ah,"snowflake". So you're a bitter old man, too

Reaction Score
No not bitter at all. Not as old as you think either.

I now understand why you are they way you are and feel sorry for you..

Turn your frown upside down.. Go to a “safe space” and share your feelings where you wont get called out cupcake.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Give Kevin Ollie Kentucky's roster in the SEC and I bet there record will be a lot better than what they are currently. If Calipari was coaching the current UCONN squad we wouldn't have more than 6 wins. Matter of fact he probably would be out for the rest of the season with an undisclosed injury.
Yeah, no. I watched UK the other night, Cal was in the grill of every guy coming off the floor after screwing up. I hate him, but he's never had a problem wringing effort out of his players.

Reaction Score
No not bitter at all. Not as old as you think either.

I now understand why you are they way you are and feel sorry for you..

Turn your frown upside down.. Go to a “safe space” and share your feelings where you wont get called out cupcake.
Yeah that's what I thought.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If we can’t hold Ollie accountable for his lack of defensive coaching here, then you can’t give him credit for the defense he coached in 2014.

Really? They played good defense in their late run. It counts, but without a great save by Brinah, we are out in game one. But they played D and O totally inconsistently that season just as in every season since. Ollie certainly deserves credit for the late season run that year, but that run has obscured what that regular season was like.

If recruiting was bound to fall off for us in the AAC from the Big East, you would think Cincinnati would be having the same issue. But they aren’t and they haven’t won any recent NCs so far as I know. It seems like on top of the youth and general absence of high level ability, these players are not being coached well and the frequent starting line up changes seems to me that KO isn’t sure what each player brings to the table.

A word about Vital. I think he is a decent shooter and has the ability to be more than the 7th guy. In our offensive scheme,if there is one, he’s rarely set up to shoot in rhythm. And if his shot selection is suspect, I think coaching and practice can help. I think he gives a damn, too.

Reaction Score
I support Ollie but that is funny.

I support UCONN basketball and every player with that name across his chest. And whatever coach's are on that bench. Regardless of what the outcome is. I HATE LOSING especially losing big.
But they are still the UCONN Huskies and they are my team and I still pull for them every time out.

I will pull for the next Coach. The next team the same as I pulled for every championship team and their players right down to the walk on’s.

Criticize me if you must for supporting my team that many have gave up on cause they are loosing and have flaws from the coach right on down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I support UCONN basketball and every player with that name across his chest. And whatever coach's are on that bench. Regardless of what the outcome is. I HATE LOOSING especially loosing big.
But they are still the UCONN Huskies and they are my team and I still pull for them every time out.

I will pull for the next Coach. The next team the same as I pulled for every championship team and their players right down to the walk on’s.

Criticize me if you must for supporting my team that many have gave up on cause they are loosing and have flaws from the coach right on down.
Imagine if they were also losing.

Reaction Score
Yeah, no. I watched UK the other night, Cal was in the grill of every guy coming off the floor after screwing up. I hate him, but he's never had a problem wringing effort out of his players.
The difference is Kevin Ollie cannot afford to get in anyone's GRILL at this time. He's very limited with his roster and cannot afford anyone else to transfer at this time. I am not sure if Coach Ollie will be the coach next year but if Adams, Polley, Whaley, Carlton, Vital, Gilbert, Diarra, Wilson and everyone in the incoming class stay committed I believe we will enjoy success next season. With all the trials and tribulations we've been through, success will taste much sweeter. The jury is still out on Williams and Cobb and Terry Larrier can turn Pro.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The difference is Kevin Ollie cannot afford to get in anyone's GRILL at this time. He's very limited with his roster and cannot afford anyone else to transfer at this time. I am not sure if Coach Ollie will be the coach next year but if Adams, Polley, Whaley, Carlton, Vital, Gilbert, Diarra, Wilson and everyone in the incoming class stay committed I believe we will enjoy success next season. With all the trials and tribulations we've been through, success will taste much sweeter. The jury is still out on Williams and Cobb and Terry Larrier can turn Pro.
You just nailed it. The “ in your face” coaching days are over. Deal with it. And I liked red faced bob knight and cardiac Calhoun. Loved it. But now. Players have power even at this level. “Oh you yelled at me(or my son) I’m (we’re)transferring “.

Reaction Score

If Ollie could recruit like Calipare he wouldn’t be on the hot seat. I don’t expect him to recruit like Kentucky, but you brought up Calipari who has nothing to do with Ollie’s performance.

Bottom line is your post recognizes how bad the roster is, too bad you can’t acknowledge the fact that Ollie is responsible for the roster.

Reaction Score
How is this even possible? Many of these players would have to take magic shooting pills over the summer.

Reaction Score
Yeah, just check the news on the Colorado State coach who is being fired for emotional abuse. New world we live in.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What amazes me is how so many believe that everything needs to be viewed as absolute, that it is either the coach, with the players being blameless or the players, with the coach being blameless.

Yes, KO has done a horrible job of building the roster and he should be (and likely will be) terminated for this (and other errors in coaching/managing the program). That does not mean that the players are blameless in term of effort and/or attitude.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Even if that’s true, it’s a terrible comparison. Calipari is known for stocking his teams with the best talent, not being a guy who prides himself on developing raw players over 4 years. He would never allow himself to be in a position to have as little talent as our team currently possesses.

If KO needs Kentucky’s talent level to succeed, then that’s a much bigger indictment on him as a game day coach. We already know he’s a terrible recruiter.

Reaction Score
Even if that’s true, it’s a terrible comparison. Calipari is known for stocking his teams with the best talent, not being a guy who prides himself on developing raw players over 4 years. He would never allow himself to be in a position to have as little talent as our team currently possesses.

If KO needs Kentucky’s talent level to succeed, then that’s a much bigger indictment on him as a game day coach. We already know he’s a terrible recruiter.
And how dies Calipari do that? It will catch up with like it did at Glass and Memphis

Reaction Score
If you were my son I would be totally embarrassed by your lack of respect. Healthy respectful debate can be done positively without the name calling.
I dont respect morans

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom