Baylor vs Notre Dame

• Baylor

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The stage is set for the title game now.

2000.jpeg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After seeing ND in Greensboro...... I felt that if they played their game.... they would win the title.

After seeing Baylor in Greensboro...... I felt that if they played their game.... they would win the title.

I think Baylor pulls it out.

Reaction Score
Baylor, I just think they have too much inside for ND to handle.

Reaction Score
I voted for ND even though I hate everything ND.
However I will be rooting (but not watching) for Baylor and hope Kim gets #3 before the Sexist does.
Reason 1 - not sure that Baylor will hold up under the pressure
Reason 2 - Dee Kantner didn't work either semi-final, so she and her ND tattoo will probably be working the Final.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Baylor is the favorite but guessing it'll be close. Turner and Shepard will be a formidable frontline for Cox/Brown to go up against. Might come down to how Jackson/Landrum/Richards do compared to Mabrey/Young/Arike. Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
I think Baylor is the favorite but guessing it'll be close. Turner and Shepard will be a formidable frontline for Cox/Brown to go up against. Might come down to how Jackson/Landrum/Richards do compared to Mabrey/Young/Arike. Should be a great game.

Agreed

Landrum and Jackson played so passive tonight and didn't shoot very well either. Both will need to play better on Sunday (offensively)

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Agreed

Landrum and Jackson played so passive tonight and didn't shoot very well either. Both will need to play better on Sunday

Jackson played a great floor game (6 assists, 0 TO) but will need to be more offensive against Baylor. I'll be very surprised if Cox/Brown each score 20+ against Turner/Shepard. Landrum can be electric when she is on, and she likely gets some good looks of ND plays zone or she's matched up with Mabrey/Ogunbowale.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The real match up to watch is the wardrobe choice of Muffet vs. Kim. Busting out the leopard print was a bold choice tonight. Can anybody top that?

Reaction Score
Cox & Brown vs. Turner & Shepard. Potentially classic match up of an all time great game for front court players.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Some great match-ups, but let's hope ND gets into lots of foul trouble. There's certainly the potential for that, but drawing fouls has seemed to be the luck of the Irish, let's hope that changes tonight. Go Baylor!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Hard choice!

I dislike Arike more so I am going with Baylor. #Sicem

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Go Bears. Honestly I was rooting for Oregon and UConn tonight but I'll give ND credit for digging down deep to get that one.

I understand your point, but I don't think they dug down deep so much as they just woke up from the daze that both teams were playing under and became themselves again. UConn couldn't seem to loosen up and play their game. Both teams played very poorly overall in a very ugly game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I can't stand Kim Mulkey, so I'll be pulling for Notre Dame.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think this is the game where Baylor's lack of outside shooting finally bites them. Baylor thrives on abusing the paint, but I think Shepard and Turner are by far the best opposing post duo they have faced this season, and will essentially nullify what has thus far been Baylor's trump card in Brown/Cox. There can be little doubt that the guard matchup is heavily in ND's favor.

ND will also have a huge advantage in terms of big game experience. I also think there's some element at play of Baylor being a little too satisfied to have finally cleared the Elite 8 hurdle. They were just barely good enough to beat an equally Final Four-inexperienced Oregon team that hardly played its best Saturday.

I hope Baylor proves them wrong, but I am just not sensing that this will go well for them.

Reaction Score
I think this is the game where Baylor's lack of outside shooting finally bites them. Baylor thrives on abusing the paint, but I think Shepard and Turner are by far the best opposing post duo they have faced this season, and will essentially nullify what has thus far been Baylor's trump card in Brown/Cox. There can be little doubt that the guard matchup is heavily in ND's favor.

ND will also have a huge advantage in terms of big game experience. I also think there's some element at play of Baylor being a little too satisfied to have finally cleared the Elite 8 hurdle. They were just barely good enough to beat an equally Final Four-inexperienced Oregon team that hardly played its best Saturday.

I hope Baylor proves them wrong, but I am just not sensing that this will go well for them.
Shepard and Brown aren't the best defensive players. If either one ends up on the other on offense (if that makes sense), there will be scoring opportunities. I'm looking forward to the post match ups.

Reaction Score

I have a sense how the refs call this game could be significant. Hope I’m wrong ... despite the entertainment value if Kim starts throwing clothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom