Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
So did everybody notice the "hot vibration belt" that Aubrey was wearing whenever she was on the bench to keep her back loose? I think that whatever genius engineer designed that contraption should get a BIG Assist for the win tonight!!! :)
Bickle from Baylor wore the same unit during warmups

Reaction Score
Question? Watching a replay and Caroline has what appears to be a large commercial bandage patch on the back of the left side of her neck. Maybe one of those warming patches? Anybody?
I believe it is kinesio tape, used in physical therapy to treat pain and inflammation.

Reaction Score
At least her waves were more of a distraction than the 3-point D of our DPOY's.
This is complete BS. Did you even watch the game??????

In reality, NM was only involved in 1 3 pt basket from Baylor. That was Qtr 1 when she hit a double screen and AE didn't kick out to take the shooter. NM was not responsible for any other 3 pointers. In fact she closed out a couple times to force the miss or her player had no room to breath, never mind shoot a three.

Again, in reality, she played fantastic Defense. It can be easily argued that she completely shut down any player she guarded since the only time a player she guarded scored, other then the 3 above (which was on AE to be fair or just plain good offense by baylor), was a 2 pointer in the 3rd, which I'm not sure was even her fault either. Again, she got caught on a big and our bigs didn't rotate fast enough.

Twice, she got caught guarding the much bigger and stronger Bickle in the paint, so what did the two time DPOY do? She forced Bickle into two horribly missed shots. NM also had 2 steals, forced a charge and was generally disruptive on defense.

Anybody who questions, this, just watch the game and call me out.

From my recollection, and CD should have closed out better on some threes. CD, in particular, gave up 8 (straight) points to Baylor in the 3rd, not closing out on 2 3s and giving away the TO for the easy layup.

The AA NM and 2 time DPOY also gave baylor a bit of chin music along the way, which was nice to see. GA was screaming at NM to go around the screen instead of through it. Not sure that is in NM's DNA.

NM was terrific, poor shooting and missed layups, not withstanding. She could have had as many as 16 assists if we made the shots, which were mostly open on terrific passed from our AA NM.

Defensively NM was spectacular!

Reaction Score
Hate? No way, I often praise Nika, just as others here who are called 'haters' do. Come on, MSGRET, Nika is not above reproach. She's a valued and valuable member of the team, just not quite the perfect player that so many BYers make her out to be.
True, but you grossly inaccurate observations show something else: either you are NM hater or you simply didn't watch the game. Tell us all where NM went wrong on defense? What threes did she give up??

Reaction Score
I know I am very late to this party but so what, here we are. Thankful for Azzi coming out from her rust zone and hitting shots. Thanks to Nika for sharing the ball for 10 assists.....again! Edwards despite the foul trouble, Lou and Dorka did their thing as well, But I am delighted to say my keys to this game come from Griffin and Ducharmin. Together they logged 39 minutes, scored 14 points, grabbed an incredible 18 rebounds, had only 3 fouls, and only 3 turnovers. Pretty significant contributions from the bench. Just love it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is complete BS. Did you even watch the game??????

In reality, NM was only involved in 1 3 pt basket from Baylor. That was Qtr 1 when she hit a double screen and AE didn't kick out to take the shooter. NM was not responsible for any other 3 pointers. In fact she closed out a couple times to force the miss or her player had no room to breath, never mind shoot a three.

Again, in reality, she played fantastic Defense. It can be easily argued that she completely shut down any player she guarded since the only time a player she guarded scored, other then the 3 above (which was on AE to be fair or just plain good offense by baylor), was a 2 pointer in the 3rd, which I'm not sure was even her fault either. Again, she got caught on a big and our bigs didn't rotate fast enough.

Twice, she got caught guarding the much bigger and stronger Bickle in the paint, so what did the two time DPOY do? She forced Bickle into two horribly missed shots. NM also had 2 steals, forced a charge and was generally disruptive on defense.

Anybody who questions, this, just watch the game and call me out.

From my recollection, and CD should have closed out better on some threes. CD, in particular, gave up 8 (straight) points to Baylor in the 3rd, not closing out on 2 3s and giving away the TO for the easy layup.

The AA NM and 2 time DPOY also gave baylor a bit of chin music along the way, which was nice to see. GA was screaming at NM to go around the screen instead of through it. Not sure that is in NM's DNA.

NM was terrific, poor shooting and missed layups, not withstanding. She could have had as many as 16 assists if we made the shots, which were mostly open on terrific passed from our AA NM.

Defensively NM was spectacular!
Caroline got caught behind screens and in one case a double screen. Baylor was well-coached on the use of screens. I was glad to see Bickle finally get a foul for one of her many moving screen

Reaction Score
Why does my abbreviation for Azzi, first two letters, disappear? I keep forgetting this and then later, I notice the two letters have disappeared. Must mean something that I am unaware of. Anyway, happy days, back to the round of 16. Lou must be having the time of her life!

I think I have answered my own question....never knew that.....

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Why does my abbreviation for Azzi, first two letters, disappear? I keep forgetting this and then later, I notice the two letters have disappeared. Must mean something that I am unaware of. Anyway, happy days, back to the round of 16. Lou must be having the time of her life!

Happened to me 2x, and then I realized ... aha!

Reaction Score
True, but you grossly inaccurate observations show something else: either you are NM hater or you simply didn't watch the game. Tell us all where NM went wrong on defense? What threes did she give up??
Oh, Jazz... two choices, either I didn't watch the game, which I did, twice, or I'm a Nika hater? Come on. Why in the world would a 74 year old guy who loves UConn basketball, has been around sports all my life and is so appreciative of all that Nika brings to the team hate a charismatic young woman I don't know?

Perhaps I shouldn't have singled out Nika in my original post while trying to defend Caroline's three-point defense, but I was just trying to explain that Baylor plays really good three-point offense. That the Bears got off 29 three-pointers pretty much demonstrates that Nika, Caroline and all of their teammates had trouble defending their shots. See Nan's #158 post for her take.

As I've said before, there are many on the Boneyard who see all that Nika does well, which is substantial, and blithely overlook her downsides. All of the Huskies are admirable young women, Jazz. I'd guess most if not all of their fans are also honest in their emotional attachment to the team.

Before you call someone a hater, you need a bit more reason than that person criticizing something about a player's basketball game.

Enough, I'm moving on to other threads. Looking forward to your next post, as I always do.

Reaction Score
Oh, Jazz... two choices, either I didn't watch the game, which I did, twice, or I'm a Nika hater? Come on. Why in the world would a 74 year old guy who loves UConn basketball, has been around sports all my life and is so appreciative of all that Nika brings to the team hate a charismatic young woman I don't know?

Perhaps I shouldn't have singled out Nika in my original post while trying to defend Caroline's three-point defense, but I was just trying to explain that Baylor plays really good three-point offense. That the Bears got off 29 three-pointers pretty much demonstrates that Nika, Caroline and all of their teammates had trouble defending their shots. See Nan's #158 post for her take.

As I've said before, there are many on the Boneyard who see all that Nika does well, which is substantial, and blithely overlook her downsides. All of the Huskies are admirable young women, Jazz. I'd guess most if not all of their fans are also honest in their emotional attachment to the team.

Before you call someone a hater, you need a bit more reason than that person criticizing something about a player's basketball game.

Enough, I'm moving on to other threads. Looking forward to your next post, as I always do.
Sorry for being rough on you, but you singled out NM for poor defense and she gave up exactly ZERO 3 pointers, and in fact, closed out on a few of them and kept her player from shooting the three. It was the other uconn players that gave up threes, not nika. There was nothing to criticize for nika's defense.

Actually, NM man (woman) was not heard from the entire game on offense. Even on switches, nika gave up nothing. She played almost a flawless defensive game.

Just tell me where she played poor defense....

I can name several times she played great defense as I already did in my previous post.

Anyway, peace deacon.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Caroline got caught behind screens and in one case a double screen. Baylor was well-coached on the use of screens. I was glad to see Bickle finally get a foul for one of her many moving screen
I thought it kinda funny in the first quarter when Bickle went to the bench. Beth Mowens said (paraphrasing) that she was playing good because she wasn't in foul trouble.
Well if the refs had noticed what you and others had noticed, she probably should of had a couple.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

The site owner doesn’t want people to use initials to refer to players.

Reaction Score
I don’t care what all you haters think (if in fact there are any haters here) but I love Nika. So much so that I’ll even spell out her name. But truth be told, I also admire Caitlin Bickle, always have. She’s a glue player for Baylor, and is exceedingly patient and supportive of all the younger kids who got a better shake from fate than she did.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
There is a device I've seen to protect the brain called a Q collar. I saw a player on a women's team wearing it during a game this weekend, but I didn't note who it was. Perhaps it might help Caroline.

Audrey Warren with UGA wears one. She previously played at Texas, and has been wearing it a few years now.

Reaction Score
Sorry for being rough on you, but you singled out NM for poor defense and she gave up exactly ZERO 3 pointers, and in fact, closed out on a few of them and kept her player from shooting the three. It was the other uconn players that gave up threes, not nika. There was nothing to criticize for nika's defense.

Actually, NM man (woman) was not heard from the entire game on offense. Even on switches, nika gave up nothing. She played almost a flawless defensive game.

Just tell me where she played poor defense....

I can name several times she played great defense as I already did in my previous post.

Anyway, peace deacon.
Deacon doesn’t like Muhl even a little bit in case you didn’t notice.

Reaction Score
Always love video posts from the stands - gives a nice flavor of the atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.

One thing I noticed - coach Colleen is pretty short!

What makes this video even better os Lelis is a 2025 commit

Reaction Score
Aubrey had some great rebounds, but I think Azzi and Caroline were the difference. So glad they are back in competitive form.
I think both Aubrey and Azzi and Caroline were the difference--Aubrey provided the spark for sure, but Azzi and Caroline definitively were the combustion with their collective 32 points....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom