Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That kind of thing worries me because it says it's mental or a mindset thing rather than physical or talent mismatch.

UCONN won - beat a terrific team and you are "worried" at this moment? Was it you that was also worried about Azzi playing in April and want her to shoot in her driveway? Okay--not meant to be mean here - but - whatever. :) :) :)

But yeah any game UCONN is playing now in FF and if they move in to the finals they can lose so yeah okay be worried. I'm with anyone that thinks AZ won't be easy. Not one bit. Az will be playing with nothing to lose. Though UCONN won't be as nervous as in the past two games, either.

Reaction Score
Just saw a play from our game on SportsCenter Top 10 - Carrington’s block of a Chrystin Williams shot (#7). Dufus announcer Steve Levy apparently thought it was going to be that other infamous Carrington play and screamed, “CLEARLY A FOUL!!!” But... no foul - oops.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Baylor is a more talented version of UCF. Both teams have embraced a style of physical play that includes pushing, shoving and swatting down at the ball. One way or another the refs will have a significant impact on Baylor games by either calling everything or letting them play.

Last night the refs let the two teams play, which put UConn at a disadvantage for most of the game. While the last play rankled Lady Bear fans, at least the refs were being consistent, and I would argue that in real-time it was not clear to any objective observer that Carrington was fouled.

People can complain about that play for the rest of their lives if they choose to. I’ll be looking forward to the semifinal matchup with Arizona.

Reaction Score
In the end the box score shows 15 fouls for both teams. Baylor was 13 for 20 on their free throws while UConn was 9 for 16.

Reaction Score
When a player tries to take the last shot (or any other time) by shooting over the 2 tallest players double teaming her....99% of the time she is not going to get the call! Watch the Baylor huddle in the time out....the last few seconds before that call. Even Lobo said."I don't think Mulkey called a play in the huddle, she stayed too long in the coaches little group". They threw the ball in and the point guard stood there and dribbled for at least 5 seconds, that's when Carrington went and got the ball, then dribbles into the 2 post players and tries to shoot......horrible shot choice...due to poor coaching. Wanna know where the fault is....Mulkey! Just like when she lost with Griner and whine whine whine!

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed by all the people who only looked at that one play as though the first 39:30 minutes + didn't count. Lebron, Swin, Carrington, Kim, and many others. Caroline Peck, in the post game ESPN show, said how there was a call when Paige got knocked to the floor that wasn't called. Good for you, Caroline. I was wrong about you. She said it was a physical game and the players knew it.
All they had to do was look back one more minute to see CW get slapped on the hand as she goes up for the layup, should have been an and one.

Reaction Score
Well, I am a little late to this party. I am pleased with the victory. Baylor is a very good team. UConn is a better very good team. A nail biter all the way through. Before watching the next game, one of the announcers, I do not know who, said that there was a foul at the end not called. Well, there were a lot of fouls all game long that were not called that were committed by Balor one obvious one where Paige ended up on the floor looking at the official. The most obvious foul of the game, to me, was in the last second of the game against Chrystin where the Baylor player tried to pull Chrystin's shorts down and sent her to the line. Gutsy game by both team.

After watching Arizona and Indiana, UConn can beat Arizona but take nothing for granted.

I said that UConn would win by 20 and I was wrong. I said that Paige would get 30 and I also was wrong. She got 28.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Bottom line - Kim and Carrington can whine all they want. They can post all the stills they want. The game is in the books.

I'm not a fan of the Coach - Carolyn Peck. However, her summation of the non-call and the way the game was called was spot on.

Reaction Score
I actually thought it was a well officiated game. They let the players on the court decide. Reminiscent of a 90's Knicks/Bulls/Pacers NBA game
I disagree. when you have a finesse team against a MMA team, if the refs let everything go the finesse team is at a distinct disadvantage. If the refs call everything then the MMA will get routed.
Refs can decide games with no intent of malice, simply by choosing incorrectly on how to call a game.
the bottom line is that UConn beat the defending champs in their home state in a very physical game.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The game shouldve never been called like it was called but it was and some how UConn got through it. Liv and Edwards on the bench most of the game, no calls on Baylor and a 19-0 run by UConn and you know what... all we hear is "IF" "IF" "IF". If Baylor didnt have the injury UConn may not have been on a 19-0 run and "IF" they called the foul at the end of the game. Well they werent calling foul during the game like they shouldve so why expect it at the end of the game. Bottom line there was an injury and UConn with their 2 bigs sitting most of the game and getting hacked and killed during the game managed to pull off an 19-0 run to win the game. Yeah its tuff loosing on a controversial call but look at the TAM games. Remember the Miss ST game a few years ago with the no call on Saniya driving the lane. Yeah at the end of the game the refs dont make to many foul calls. I would really like to see someone make a video of all the hacks not called. The one on Paige late in the game driving to the basket and the one on Christyn making the layup were so obvious with no one around. Please stop saying "IF". UConn found a way to win in the end. UConn showed resilience, gut, fight and the virtue to never give up. When Baylor got the injury they were lost and that wasnt the refs fault or UConns fault.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That is outrageous. If they said that to the players they should have their cards revoked immediately. What right do they have to change the rules of basketball? The best thing about the women's game is that the purity of the sport is preserved here. We don't want a lesser version of the men's games.
I assumed she meant they "let them know " by the calls that they were not making. Not that they literally spoke the words. I could be wrong though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The irony of Bayor’s comments is that they cried foul when Louisville beat them in the tourney a few years ago, said they were too rough. We had a Baylor fan here that brought it up weekly for a year.

Karma is indeed a bitch.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
You simply cannot rely on the referees to call a foul in the last seconds unless the player is absolutely mauled. In real time, it looked pretty clean. With the luxury of instant replay from different angles, yes it probably COULD have been called. But the same could be said literally a dozen times throughout any game. That's sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom