Baylor pitching a shutout | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor pitching a shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow! Just got home from dinner out and turned on the game. Not sure I expected Baylor to be blowing out TN like this.

Reaction Score
Wow, Tenn has actually shown some offensive movement.

And I'll give them some credit for being scrappy and still fighting.

Reaction Score
Graves with 5 quick points has decided to play her game...good sign for the LV's...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Wow, Tenn has actually shown some offensive movement.

And I'll give them some credit for being scrappy and still fighting.
Griner on the Bench makes a difference.

Reaction Score
Keep driving for lay ups. She has proven that she can block without fouling. Georgetown was the last team to really use that strategy and she had 14 blocks.

What I was saying in a round about way is not to play tentatively in the paint that's the problem a lot of teams have when playing her. Just like if you're a half court team you don't let the other team turn the game into a track meet cuz that's not your strength teams need to play to their strengths and stop letting baylor dictate how they play but you're right I guess

Reaction Score
Kamiko having a very good game. Simmons ... lol ... gosh she can be horrifically bad.

Reaction Score
One thing of note. Grinner is not a very good re-bounder for her size. Box score probably will show Tenn out rebounded Baylor. But Grinner wow she just swats a ball coming off the rim. She does not elevate or go aggressive toward the ball. Just wow.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think Brooklyn Pope looks a little like Swin? It's the eyes I think.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Kamiko having a very good game. Simmons ... lol ... gosh she can be horrifically bad.
Simmons is awful.. Williams and to a lesser extent Spani have played well.. Graves is their best, and really only hope for the future IMO.

Meanwhile Baylor has not been playing well since early in the first half, very sloppy IMO.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One thing of note. Grinner is not a very good re-bounder for her size. Box score probably will show Tenn out rebounded Baylor. But Grinner wow she just swats a ball coming off the rim. She does not elevate or go aggressive toward the ball. Just wow.
One of Griner's rebounding 'problems' is that she is trying to block almost every shot taken which takes her out of position for defensive rebounds.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One of Griner's rebounding 'problems' is that she is trying to block almost every shot taken which takes her out of position for defensive rebounds.

The rebounding problem that resulted in 14 rebounds tonight?

Griner's function is to protect the paint, which means that she picks up the player driving to the basket. The guards are taught to force their players into the lane where BG is waiting. I've long said that this has affected BG's rebounding. It's hard to do both.

Reaction Score
Simmons is awful.. Williams and to a lesser extent Spani have played well.. Graves is their best, and really only hope for the future IMO.

I don't think Simmons is horrible but she needs to come off the bench and either spani or Williams needs to start. Graves is a smart player and I think she will learn more from this game than any she's ever played. Massengale is a very good point guard but obviously Simms is better. Burdick is good she just needs to get a step faster. Harrison is very much improved I hope she heals fast. Jasmine jones is gonna be good once she understands her athleticism kind like glory. Nia Moore played good defense..

Reaction Score
Well...that must've been painful...it will be interesting to see if the LV's can bounce back against Stanford...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I don't think Simmons is horrible but she needs to come off the bench and either spani or Williams needs to start. Graves is a smart player and I think she will learn more from this game than any she's ever played. Massengale is a very good point guard but obviously Simms is better. Burdick is good she just needs to get a step faster. Harrison is very much improved I hope she heals fast. Jasmine jones is gonna be good once she understands her athleticism kind like glory. Nia Moore played good defense..
Burdick and Massengale have been around long enough to show what they can do against good teams and neither has impressed me in those games. Of the two, Massengale has the better upside, but she has to overcome her deficiencies. Burdick will never be a good complement to Graves imo.

Reaction Score
The rebounding problem that resulted in 14 rebounds tonight?
She should have had 30+ at 6foot 8 with her wing span. She does not follow the ball well or block out opposing posts with any consistency. I know she is a great asset on offense and disrupting shots but she could be so much more.

Reaction Score
Baylor didn"t play very well in this game and it seems to me that without Griner (next season) they'll have a problem to be a top 10 team. I have to say that TN offence looks much better than in previous years with a lot of movement. Graves got a very bright future and Williams was great in this game. IMO TN is a legit top 10 team this season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She should have had 30+ at 6foot 8 with her wing span. She does not follow the ball well or block out opposing posts with any consistency. I know she is a great asset on offense and disrupting shots but she could be so much more.

Yes, she is an asset. You are correct. Did you notice that she puts other players in position to grab the other rebounds, like Pope who had 16 tonight? That's one hell of a combo for two players.

Reaction Score
Burdick and Massengale have been around long enough to show what they can do against good teams and neither has impressed me in those games. Of the two, Massengale has the better upside, but she has to overcome her deficiencies. Burdick will never be a good complement to Graves imo.

With burdick I believe she just needs to get a step faster cuz she's IMO not a 4 player she's a 3 just not as athletic but she has good bball iq she is a good shooter, rebounder, and passer she's just slow. Massengale is just good to me. She isn't outstanding but she's good at this point. Also it's be nice to see graves develop a three point shot. And to see Simmons develop one as well lol

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
With burdick I believe she just needs to get a step faster cuz she's IMO not a 4 player she's a 3 just not as athletic but she has good bball iq she is a good shooter, rebounder, and passer she's just slow. Massengale is just good to me. She isn't outstanding but she's good at this point. Also it's be nice to see graves develop a three point shot. And to see Simmons develop one as well lol

Burdick is as fast as she is going to get. Looks to me she dropped a few pounds from last year. But not much quicker.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I don't agree with your assessment of Burdick at all, she is not only slow, but she has little strength or toughness. I don't see her becoming a strong player.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with your assessment of Burdick at all, she is not only slow, but she has little strength or toughness. I don't see her becoming a strong player.
Ok I can slightly agree with u, i don't think she's a "banger" but she's tough she goes up just as hard as anyone for rebounds. She doesn't drive to the basket but her mid range stroke is sweet. She's never hit me so idk how strong she is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom