Baylor Monitoring Prince | The Boneyard

Baylor Monitoring Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Baylor (12-1, 2-0 Big 12) has 16 regular-season games left, including a road game against West Virginia on Wednesday, before heading into conference and NCAA tournament play."

Maybe the UConn game has been canceled. :p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Baylor (12-1, 2-0 Big 12) has 16 regular-season games left, including a road game against West Virginia on Wednesday, before heading into conference and NCAA tournament play."

They prolly don't want to count it. :p

Reaction Score

Maybe they think they already have it in the bag...

HGN

Reaction Score
I remember seeing Prince play in the McDonalds AA game.........She's a very good player. And if she is not available in the Baylor vs UConn game its going to hurt Baylor quite a bit. She is long , versatile , and athletic. Hopefully she will be available. But stress fractures in 'both' feet and surgeries create problems for anyone , especially if you are running and jumping on a hard surface like a basketball court.

I wish her the best.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Um, West Virginia IS conference play. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
I will be looking forward to seeing what Baylor does against WV in Morgantown........Tough place and when that crazy guy starts shooting off his Musket, Lookout.....It will be cold, and they will not be received like UCONN is in WV........

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
KnightBridgeAZ said:
Um, West Virginia IS conference play. Just sayin.[/QUOTe

I thought the same thing

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Prince's Injury Update: http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/bear_...cle_627fb814-a60d-5797-94c9-520420968095.html

If Baylor has any hope of beating UConn, Prince has to play and be at near 100%. She's Baylor's second best player.

Prince was expected to be the 2nd best player coming into the season, but she hasn't been close to that this year. They have gone 12-1 without any real contribution from her.

She won't be playing in five days based on Mukley's comments.

“Alexis’ foot just doesn’t feel 100 percent,” Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. “We’re going to monitor her, and until she feels 100 percent we’re not going to have her on that floor. If that means all year, then we won’t do it. We want to get Alexis Prince to be able to play her best basketball in college, and we’ll just have to be patient and see what happens.”

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think you miss placed the em-PHA-sis. (conference and NCAA tournament play)
Got it; but does anyone really read what they write to see how easy it is to understand (granted, this was a line out of context). If they went on to talk about tourney play (or this followed a section about tourney play) it would make the meaning more obvious.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I doubt that Prince will play again this year and Mulkey is certainly not going to have her play in attempts to win an inconsequential OOC game, which I am sure she knows is not going to happen with or without Prince. I suspect that she will red-shirt.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From the WacoTrib:

That’s been especially crucial because Baylor has been without the services of 6-foot-2 forward Alexis Prince for most of the year, and she’ll miss the rest of the season after surgery on her left foot.

“We’re trying to get her left foot completely healed,” Mulkey said. “She’s been off of it two, three, four months now, and it’s not responding. We’re going to apply for a medical redshirt, and she’ll have three years left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom