HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Chris Grosse is Senior Associate Athletic Director

11CA9311-2CE7-4273-AED8-CE226AE9DB97.jpeg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The only sport CT rallies around is UConn Basketball - men and women. We are the College Basketball Capitol of the World.

CT doesn't have a pro sport team and is split between Boston and New York demographics.

Reaction Score
CT Sun fans beg to differ.
Agree with pointing out the oversight. I often get frustrated with articles regarding the rapid growth of professional sports in Las Vegas that don't even mention the Aces for example. I think it is safe to assume, however, that if it was not for the interest in Uconn basketball in the state, there would be no WNBA franchise in Connecticut.

The others are also in major cities, not away from population centers, like at the Mohegan Sun, but once again very close to the Uconn fans.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Agree with pointing out the oversight. I often get frustrated with articles regarding the rapid growth of professional sports in Las Vegas that don't even mention the Aces for example. I think it is safe to assume, however, that if it was not for the interest in Uconn basketball in the state, there would be no WNBA franchise in Connecticut.

The others are also in major cities, not away from population centers, like at the Mohegan Sun, but once again very close to the Uconn fans.
The Aces were the first professional team in Vegas to win a Championship, their games last year were sold out, and are loved by the city and state. The Review-Journal has a dedicated page during the season. I believe they have already sold the allotted season tickets for the coming season starting in May.

Ever since Mark Davis bought the team, hired a front office who was able to lure Becky Hammon from the San Antonio Spurs this town has rallied behind them. This year they have all of the major players, including Parker, plus a few newbies, and are one of the favored teams to win it all again, which would make it a 3 peat.

One of the reasons why everyone stayed is because of the facilities that they have. Davis is one of the few owners that has team facilities dedicated to only the Aces, they have everything that a men's pro team has and more. Not too many men's facilities have a daycare facility for the players kids on site.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Fight On University Of Southern California GIF by USC Trojans
Ucla Bruins Charge GIF by Pac-12 Network

Current Womens Basketball Capital...with no "East Coast Bias"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Exactly. Thank you for including that. Although post of was responding to limited the claim to Women's basketball.
The OP should go back and look at the first post, which is what the thread is about

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I doubt that either one of these two WBB teams make it to the Final Four. How long has it been since USC won a title? Has UCLA even been in the Final Four?

Reaction Score
I doubt that either one of these two WBB teams make it to the Final Four. How long has it been since USC won a title? Has UCLA even been in the Final Four?
I enjoyed reading "Cinderella" as a kid.... What if USC and UCLA "BOTH" were in the FINAL FOUR!
History may be " prologue" but the name of this game is "MARCH MADNESS". N.B. Basketball
Capital of the WORLD in both FINAL FOURS....... !! But first, the end of the regular season and the
BIG EAST TOURNAMENT!

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Until any school wins multiple titles (men's and women's) over a decade or more, they are a parking place, not "capital."

How many teams have won a title or two, then faded into the tall grass like Homer Simpson on a bad day?

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
https://media2.giphy.com/
media/WQUXIoHau17XQ0IlEF/200.gif

Banners Matter

We're talking women and men. 16 Banners since 1995. 14 in the new millennium

You're right in the mix for the number 2 spot though.

UNC, Nova, Dook, TN, KU, UK & SC all have multiple banners since 1995. So there's that

Both of our programs have the most titles in their respective sport in the modern era

PS: Baylor, ND and FL belong on that list too. But 2 or 3 or 4 is a long long long way from 16

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom