Baseball playoffs or WNBA finals? | The Boneyard

Baseball playoffs or WNBA finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Whalen, Augustus, Maya, and Catchings playing their hearts out vs. A-Rod being benched and using that opportunity to send autographed baseballs with his phone# to cuties in the stands.

A-Rod (at about $20M per year with five guaranteeed years to go), Swisher and Granderson benched and Jeter injured. Down 0-3 to Detroit.

Red Sox epic collapse last year as players sloshed down beer and dined on fried chicken in the clubhouse, during games.

Then the disastrous hiring of Bobby V. The dump of $25o million in contracts to the Dodgers who didn't even make the playoffs. Then the Red Sox flat quit.

Now the once proud Yankees behaving like clowns.

And people actually ask why I watch women's basketball!

The Olympics were such fun and now I can enjoy the Lynx vs. Fever as I eagerly await that epic game with Holy Family on November 7.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Or you could do picture in picture, baseball in the smaller spot of course!

Reaction Score
As a Tigers fan I'm pretty hopped. But 2 out of the 3 Tigers WS appearances in my lifetime have been against the Cardinals, would rather have San Francisco please if I may.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As a Tigers fan I'm pretty hopped. But 2 out of the 3 Tigers WS appearances in my lifetime have been against the Cardinals, would rather have San Francisco please if I may.
I'll take another Cards-Tigers WS. No Curt Flood to slip this time.

Reaction Score
I'll take another Cards-Tigers WS. No Curt Flood to slip this time.

While that slip cannot be forgotten, the most lingering memory is of the overpowering pitching performance by Bob Gibson in Game 1. While I prefer slugfests, this was truly awesome.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
While that slip cannot be forgotten, the most lingering memory is of the overpowering pitching performance by Bob Gibson in Game 1. While I prefer slugfests, this was truly awesome.
Yep 17 Ks. But unfortunately Cards don't have him either.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Have to say I am truly impressed with Seimone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom