Barstool Court Storm | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Barstool Court Storm

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The people in my section (including little kids and the elderly) who paid for their tickets, and couldn't properly sit in their seats or see the game cause of those guys and the students who decided to force their way into an area that had no space for them...
didn't need pumping up and were already ready to cheer for the game.
Do you usually post on the women’s board?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is probably better publicity for barstool sports than if they just jumped around for 2 hours.
Which was the goal. They couldn't care less if the students actually storm the court or get in trouble.

I'm not against storming the court, by why plan and publicize? That invited the extra security. A spontaneous court storm overwhelms the three windbreakers up front.

Reaction Score
Looks like a real arrest. I’ll be interested to hear the justification.

What is this Minority Report? Police arresting them for potentially storming the court? and is storming a court really illegal? We did it when uconn football beat Houston a few years back.

Ridiculous. I’m sure Barstool will be sending their top lawyers

Reaction Score
I really think the security and cops felt threatened and didn’t want to have to do any real work tonight. They were all miserable from the start. My guess is they were asked to move out of the student section and they said no. That’s the only logical explanation for this.

Reaction Score
UConn does not need no gimmicky "Storm Chasers" or Barstool. Storrs is the Basketball Capital. We may be down and the current students may not know what we were but we will be back. I hope they do not let those clowns back.

Signed UConn Class '09
We haven’t had a winning seasons in years, relax. Clearly this board is filled with a bunch of older fans who feel entitled based on past success and therefore fun is not allowed

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How do you do, fellow kids? It is I, UConn alum, twitter dot com user, and occasional the dash boneyard dot com poster here to tell you that WHATEVER you do do NOT storm the court! Your four years here may have been filled with terrible basketball, you may think that CV and Book beating a ranked Houston team on our way out of this god forsaken conference is worth celebrating... but you have NOT seen the glory that these eyes have seen and this does NOT meet my COURT STORMING CRITERIA.

And don’t get me started on the 3 guys in yellow jackets encouraging these shenanigans. THEY ARE FRAUDS. They aren’t even STUDENTS. Any excitement you felt in their presence is NOT TRUE. What if they had succeeded in students tap dancing on that AAC logo and it made it to SOCIAL MEDIA? HOW would I, UConn alum, explain that to Steve in accounting who probably went to BC or something? Or - god forbid - some loser Cinci fan chirps me on TWITTER? Your moment of fun would cause me MILD DISCOMFORT AND EMBARRASSMENT.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yes superwelch of course I was talking about the game and not the fact that UConn is kicking out And arresting national media... but please go on and tell me how things are on your couch 14 hours away

Credentialed journalists do not wear Gordon's fisherman's rain slickers in the student section.

What is this Minority Report? Police arresting them for potentially storming the court? and is storming a court really illegal? We did it when uconn football beat Houston a few years back.

Ridiculous. I’m sure Barstool will be sending their top lawyers
Does getting cuffed necessarily mean arrested or charged.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It’s 930 the morning after and this video has 1.1 million views. Yes there are many reasons to both love and hate barstool, but in the end they generate eyeballs, especially with the 35 and under crowd.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I really think the security and cops felt threatened and didn’t want to have to do any real work tonight. They were all miserable from the start. My guess is they were asked to move out of the student section and they said no. That’s the only logical explanation for this.
Or they felt threatened and removed the fuse before it got to the dynamite.

Reaction Score
This is probably better publicity for barstool sports than if they just jumped around for 2 hours.
When security went over to them at first, it looked like they were having a somewhat heated conversation, then a couple minutes later, they had the actual cops come over to handle things. At that point I said to myself, this is probably staged. I mean, these guys are not stupid. They had to know at some point things were going to come to that if they kept flat out refusing to leave those seats after being asked by actual cops.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Which was the goal. They couldn't care less if the students actually storm the court or get in trouble.

I'm not against storming the court, by why plan and publicize? That invited the extra security. A spontaneous court storm overwhelms the three windbreakers up front.

Oh, they want them to storm the court. That's a huge victory. The ones where it happened have been hilarious. Caleb jumping around in his fishermans outfit lol

Reaction Score
The last game at memorial stadium, the students stormed the field and thee police pepper sprayed the students

This wasn't so bad. But the university need to kill the bug up it's butt and let the kids have their fun.

Reaction Score
We are UConn. Only court storm when we win the title. Don't even think that's allowed anyway.

Reaction Score
Do you usually post on the women’s board?

You weren't there. I was.

I was a student, I've had my fun and they should too.

I've sat in seats that I didn't pay for too...

But if I was called out and was in someone's seats with legitimate tickets. I politely apologized and moved. I didn't respond by saying what's your problem bro. Or talking trash to a younger teenager, or prevent a child from a seat and viewing angle, or make an older woman have to lean over to the side cause she was reportedly getting bumped by people trying to hang out with the storm chasers.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

But if I was called out and was in someone's seats with legitimate tickets. I politely apologized and moved. I didn't respond by saying what's your problem bro. Or talking trash to a younger teenager, or prevent a child from a seat and viewing angle, or make an older woman have to lean over to the side cause she was reportedly getting bumped by people trying to hang out with the storm chasers.
If everyone acted ethically and honestly like you, the world would be a perfect place. Congratulations, next good deed and you should run for President. The Dems need someone.

It’s a college basketball game (on campus) vs. a ranked opponent filled with drunk college kids in the student section - if no one was getting bumped or views weren’t obstructed by standing and jumping then we have a problem. Obviously the university could have handled it better, but it is what it is.

Reaction Score

I am sorry you had to witness an older woman leaning over to the side. Absolutely brutal scene.

Reaction Score
UConn police acted excessively and just showed the world how most UConn students already see them. It’s a problem that needs to be addressed. I love police officers and I respect them but UConn police goes over the line way too often.

Reaction Score

According to this, they had tickets and were invited by the ticketing department. Sounds like no one told security or the cops. And the cops didn't care to even ask any school official at the game.

It was such an easy solution. But they had to look super tough in front of everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom