Barry "Slice" Rohrssen | The Boneyard

Barry "Slice" Rohrssen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentucky's top recruiter and Assistant coach has reportedly been hired by St. Johns and Chris Mullin for the same position. Mullin has been making waves thus far and this is another great step, and Slice will bring his recruiting connections to the Big Apple. Good for them.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Wow. This is huge.

Reaction Score
Not sure he can coach, but no doubt they will start pulling in recruits. NYC will be tough to pull from.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Briscoe asks out of his LOI now. I believe he was the lead recruiter.

Reaction Score
I love it, that's a slap in the face to Calipari. I would think Briscoe ends up at St. John's now and would have to think Mustapha Heron does as well. So within a week Mullin brings in Matt Abdelmassih and Barry Rohrrsen, wow.

Reaction Score
Only way Briscoe goes anywhere besides UK is in squid bolts for NBA.

C

Chief00

Chris hired two assistants who could have helped us recruit. Assuming St John's resurgences under Mullins - the Big East is looking even better compared to the AAC. If we don't land a P5 in 2 years my vote would be to move basketball back to the Big East - if they would take us. Football drives college athletics but maybe it should not at UConn.

Reaction Score
Chris hired two assistants who could have helped us recruit. Assuming St John's resurgences under Mullins - the Big East is looking even better compared to the AAC. If we don't land a P5 in 2 years my vote would be to move basketball back to the Big East - if they would take us. Football drives college athletics but maybe it should not at UConn.
I know a lot of people are really salty towards the Big east, but i would go back in a second.

Reaction Score
He was only at UK for 1 season. This won't affect UK/Cal one bit.

Reaction Score
Very funny. Uk fans are turning on him like sharks in bloody water on the tos board

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have to be of a certain age and have a certain affinity for the bottle - but Chris Mullin is my favorite basketball player of all time.

I loved the TMC Warriors, St John's was a solid default team to root for when UConn lost the 8-9 game and I'd be happy to have my ashes spread at MSG.

Reaction Score
Run TMC was must watch TV. Got to sit next to his brother once at a game, nice guy.

Reaction Score
He was the assistant coach at UK for one year. Pretty sure they will be fine as long as Cal's there

Reaction Score
Heron of Sacred Heart in WTBY, Ct will now be recruited hard by Sj. John's.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

That will never happen. We will not be an independent in football. UCONN and Conn. have made too big an investment in football to turn back the clock and return to the minor leagues.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm glad that you don't have a vote.

Reaction Score
Two years is way too little time. Five is more realistic and appropriate.

They won't take us anyway; we no longer fit in. It's a private, catholic conference now. We already fit in more with the B1G than we do the New Big East

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
St. John's hired a guy so UConn to the Big East. Makes sense!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people are really salty towards the Big east, but i would go back in a second.
Newsflash: we never left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22