'Bama ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

'Bama ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Castle looking to take advantage of the big stage to show his stuff. #5 scores the first 5 points for the Huskies.
  2. I'm not sure I've ever seen Spencer miss the bunny before when he breaks to the hoop unguarded and the ball handler fires the ball to him from near the top of the key.
  3. DC was on his game. Didn't score a ton, but in the first half he established early that coming into the paint to test him was foolhardy.
  4. First half Tristen was pretty much invisible until about 4 minutes left in the half. Then he scored 5 in a hurry.
  5. Half time. I know they're a good 3 point team, but can Bama maintain 73% for another half?
  6. AK was off his game in the first half. 0 for 1 from the field, 4 boards and one dime, but came alive right off the bat in the second half.
  7. The over the back call on Clingan. At 14:35 in the 2nd half was atrocious. His arms were straight up, the rebound came right to him, and the 'bama big backed into him, yet his arms STILL didn't go over the guy's head.
  8. Not really sure who I'd pick for POG between Clingan or Castle.
  9. Newton, had 9 dimes, which equaled the total assists for 'bama. As a team, we finished with 20.
  10. All 5 starters finished with double digits.
  11. Karaban and Spencer split 28 points and 16 boards between them. Eight boards and 14 points apiece.
  12. On to Monday night, when the lights will shine brighter and the prize is much greater.

Reaction Score
#7 was an atrocious call, never touched him. A word about Castle. Have we ever had a guard that was 6’6 with that kind of strength? He’s like a piece of steel, maybe he’s the Man Of Steel, put an S and a cape on him.

Poe

Reaction Score
Castle said with those two early threes - killer.

Alabama shot 70% from 3 in the first half, most teams would be thrilled, but they must have been thinking wtf, we shoot 70% and we’re still losing to a team playing their B game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A word about Castle. Have we ever had a guard that was 6’6 with that kind of strength? He’s like a piece of steel, maybe he’s the Man Of Steel, put an S and a cape on him.
Scott Burrell is the closest guy to Castle that comes to mind.

Reaction Score
Castle has entered a league of his own in my book.

He is as complete of a player I’ve seen as a Freshmen. When was the last time you saw a player assigned to be a “lock down” defensive player, guarding the toughest guy on the floor score 21 points and dish out assists?

Castle does this game in and game out and I’m in awe of what he’s accomplished as a freshman.

I was saying last night Danny and his staff, what an incredible job recruiting him!

Cooper Flagg, you can go develop somewhere else but if you’re half as good as Castle, you will have accomplished something next year.

Reaction Score
Never realized Castle could be this good but let’s hope his masterpiece is Monday night. Never seen a guard that strong.

Reaction Score
#7 was an atrocious call, never touched him. A word about Castle. Have we ever had a guard that was 6’6 with that kind of strength? He’s like a piece of steel, maybe he’s the Man Of Steel, put an S and a cape on him.
It was terrible. It was a makeup call for the no-call the prior play when Clingan bodied Nelson at the rim but Nelson powered the ball through.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Castle said with those two early threes - killer.
Check this quote out:

“He (Hurley) said this morning that Steph was going to do what Adama did against Miami in last year’s semifinals,” assistant coach Luke Murray said. “Because Miami didn’t play on Adama at all on the first few possessions, and he went out and made two of them.”

Like when JC was here, it's a true luxury kmowing that when your team takes the floor, they are not going to be outcoached.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom