Ballsy win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ballsy win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great effort tonight, and a gritty win. UConn won these types of games under Calhoun, it's great omen to see them win like this under Ollie.

I have to admit that I was worried early on. St Joes was beginning to look like a bad match up for the Huskies. On the one hand I was thinking "this isn't going our way", on the other hand I was thinking "I've seen UConn win lots of games that didn't appear to be going their way".

Should be a good game against 'Nova on Saturday, but Milwaukee is staying in it so far.

Reaction Score
It wasn't pretty and we could play better. The defense in first half was pretty shocking. But they gutted it out nicely.
I'm excited about Daniels game lately. Several good games in a row.

St Joe's played great defense, they did a nice job of keeping the UConn offense off balance until OT. St Joe's also did a nice job on offense, they got too many good looks, but they earned them with nice passing.

St Joe's wins this game against 90% of the teams out there, but UConn never panicked. They hit timely 3's, hung around, and took over once St Joe's got in foul trouble. Nice win.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You are so right about Kanasevik's fouling out helping UConn. He was a handful and did a pretty masterful job of quarterbacking their offense. He was quite impressive and with him out, our path in overtime was considerably easier. Our guys again showed some serious grit even though they played less than their best over much of the game. I think St. Joes had something to do with it as they played admirable ball. Their coach surely reminds me of Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein. Anybody else see the resemblance?????
To me Martelli resembles that tall, bald character actor from the B horror movies like "The Hills Have Eyes" and the role of one of the Mad Max bikers that crashed the party in "Weird Science "

Reaction Score
that Euro dude(not even going to try to spell his name) and the ridiculous shooting of their entire tema in the 1st half had me experiencing flashbacks of Royce White and Iowa State, dude's game was damn near identical to White's. This team had many opportunities to fold up and die but nutted up and pulled out the win. Pretty much everyone on the floor contributed key plays down the stretch, nobody was a bystander.

It was huge that they were able to get that 10 point lead to 5 at the end of the first half, unlike the L'ville game where they got blown out at the end of the half. Great, gutty win!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Their coach surely reminds me of Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein. Anybody else see the resemblance?????

I think you'd need to add some Ernest Borgnine to that to get it just right.

martelliequation_zpsc32b5241.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01