Badass Awards for Victory Over Maryland. . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Badass Awards for Victory Over Maryland. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saniya for her huge 3 and block - without her, we might have been tied and headed into a dreaded OT situation. A HUGE difference maker for this team tonight, and she has more than earned her spot in the starting lineup. It's so great to have her back and healthy, and I can't wait to see how she does throughout the rest of the season. I'm hoping we get to see her have a 20+ point game in conference play!

Katie for her grit alone. She threw up during the first quarter and so often looked green throughout the entire game. Geno didn't even know if she would play. But when she hid her stride, she was lights out. Those 3s were major for us. 23 points. Absolutely incredible. And to do it while sick too! That's a team player. That's a player with passion, grit, and drive.

Kia came through in a big way. 19 points and 4 3's that were difference makers. When posters were curious to see if she would step up her offensive game when shots weren't falling, she did. She does it quietly in a way, but had she not come through, it could have been a different situation. A fierce leader for this team. Everyone needs a good Nurse in their life!

Gabby is never shabby. 9 rebounds. 16 points. 4 fouls and she didn't foul out. She really gets my vote for most improved player already. I'm at a loss for words on Gabby, because she's shown up and shown out in such a huge way this year and in ways that I honestly was not expecting. She played a great game tonight and should be rewarded for that.

We're spoiled as fans, guys! What a great team, and what a great win.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I gotta go with Geno on this one. HE knew who the BIG time players were tonight. This was a truly a team effort. Everybody contributed. The role players stepped up, the bench players stepped up.
Saniya Chong did it again.

When we really really needed a 3 late in the game to stop the bleeding, she delivered. That "fly swat" block was huge too. Deja Vu all over again. As soon as they get to the hotel in Orlando, get some food and meds in them, and put them to bed.............and let them sleep in tomorrow, they earned it. :cool:

Reaction Score
Technically, I could join in on choir of Natalie Baster .
But folks, who thinks she didn't belong, think of what would Geno have done when Gabby picked up number 2 or Collier number 3?? Then think what would Brenda have done if they were playing long periods with 2 or 3 fouls---with all your expertise you'd know what Geno and Brenda would have done--you attack the weakest/most vulnerable.
When Collier and Gabby were hobbled by fouls---Katies said; put the team on MY back and I'll carry them home--and she did. Chong--came through and lead at the point when the team really needed her.

Reaction Score
Saniya for her huge 3 and block - without her, we might have been tied and headed into a dreaded OT situation. A HUGE difference maker for this team tonight, and she has more than earned her spot in the starting lineup. It's so great to have her back and healthy, and I can't wait to see how she does throughout the rest of the season. I'm hoping we get to see her have a 20+ point game in conference play!

Katie for her grit alone. She threw up during the first quarter and so often looked green throughout the entire game. Geno didn't even know if she would play. But when she hid her stride, she was lights out. Those 3s were major for us. 23 points. Absolutely incredible. And to do it while sick too! That's a team player. That's a player with passion, grit, and drive.

Kia came through in a big way. 19 points and 4 3's that were difference makers. When posters were curious to see if she would step up her offensive game when shots weren't falling, she did. She does it quietly in a way, but had she not come through, it could have been a different situation. A fierce leader for this team. Everyone needs a good Nurse in their life!

Gabby is never shabby. 9 rebounds. 16 points. 4 fouls and she didn't foul out. She really gets my vote for most improved player already. I'm at a loss for words on Gabby, because she's shown up and shown out in such a huge way this year and in ways that I honestly was not expecting. She played a great game tonight and should be rewarded for that.

We're spoiled as fans, guys! What a great team, and what a great win.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? THE BAD ASS AWARD BELONGS TO THE TEAM --AND GENO???
I AGREE!!! HUGE TEAM WIN--TAKE AWAY A PART AND IT'S A LOSS--

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
That's what makes this team so tough, and so much fun to watch. They are unpredictable - not just in the sense of youth, assuming new roles & responsibilities, inconsistency - but, in the sense that, anyone of half-a-dozen players can have a serious impact in any given game, certainly for a half or a quarter. There may be a "script" for this squad to follow, but, if there is, it allows for a lot of ad lib and extemporaneous performance. Watching a great UConn squad, like last year, is a bit like watching Shakespeare performed by a great troupe of veteran actors - you know the story, you know the ending, but you admire the smooth high-level of the performance. This year, it's a bit like watching high-level improv comedy. You're not quite sure what's coming next, whether you'll groan or roar, but, man, you're on your toes paying very close attention. And, it's a lot of fun!

Reaction Score
The evolution of this team continues. All in the course of the high and the lows of this game, individuals score, steal the ball, and cause defensive havoc on the playing floor. When one is down, another steps up. They play with emotion and honesty and like a team. It was inferred that the players were either sick or recovering, but they seemed to continue to bounce back with every opportunity either by scoring and great defense.

I thought for a moment there, that they broke the heart of Maryland, but that team has grit and played back very well.

Who would have thunk that UConn women would be undefeated at this juncture going into conference play. Absolutely, remarkable. Great coaching job and great team spirit.

Reaction Score
You could easily give this award to any member of the starting five. Yes, that includes Pheesa. She had a rough night, but until she fouled out she was there for some important follow-up buckets when we needed them. Chong was definitely a "badass", Gabby was all-world, Kia had one of her better all-around games of the season, BUT the biggest badass of the night was Katie Lou Samuelson!

Reaction Score
This looks pretty badass to me.

Sure hope Lou gets to sleep in tomorrow.

1000x563

photo by: John Woike / Hartford Courant

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
We win by 6 pts. If there are no Saniya's 3 pts and block at final we may tie the game.
We should vote the person most impact the game ..jmho
I love Saniya, but without Lou UCONN doesn't win the game.
Answer after answer outta that kid tonight! While sick.
That's beyond BADASS in my book! ;)

Reaction Score
No question it was a team effort.
Yes. Let democracy rule.:mad::mad::mad: Saniya over Kia. Kia was good and steady but she did not go out of her skill set.The 4th quarter 3pt make to go from 6 up to 9 up was just as important a dagger as last years dagger.

With Kia, not over Kia. Kia had 19 points and 5 assists tonight, and helped keep the game close in the first half before KLS started hitting her shots. And as usual, directing traffic. What the heck, they all played a great game. Great team win!

Reaction Score
Tremendous toughness on Lou's part, Saniya came up huge. Kia also with some clutch shooting.

Can't wait for Stevens to be eligible because Butler, sadly, is not the answer.
Agree, not tonight anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22