Bad news for Tennessee | The Boneyard

Bad news for Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Cierra Burdick broke her right hand in practice yesterday.

"Burdick, a 6-foot-2 forward from Charlotte, N.C. (Butler H.S.), fractured the fourth metacarpal of her shooting hand. Evaluation is continuing, but she is out indefinitely."

This is devistating for Tennessee. She was starting at the 3 and scoring 8.5 points and grabbing 6.5 rebounds. More importantly, she was averaging 26.8 minutes a game and they will struggle to replace those minues.

At the risk of annoying a particular TN fans, I can see them going 4-4 over the next 8 games.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

"Burdick, a 6-foot-2 forward from Charlotte, N.C. (Butler H.S.), fractured the fourth metacarpal of her shooting hand. Evaluation is continuing, but she is out indefinitely."

This will illustrate how lacking in depth LV is. Burdick is not so good that losing her is a disaster, but the fact that they have no capable back up is the disaster.

This is devistating for Tennessee. She was starting at the 3 and scoring 8.5 points and grabbing 6.5 rebounds. More importantly, she was averaging 26.8 minutes a game and they will struggle to replace those minues.

At the risk of annoying a particular TN fans, I can see them going 4-4 over the next 8 games.

Losing Burdick is not a disaster, she is not that good.. The disaster is that they have no capable backup to replace her.

Reaction Score
This is an real shame...aside from being a quality player, you got the impression that Cierra was working hard to make Tennessee competitive. Let's hope she has a full recovery...

Reaction Score
I have no idea how long this would take to heal.

Could she be back by March?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think it depends on recovery. It will be nice to have her in March.

Reaction Score
Losing Burdick is not a disaster, she is not that good.. The disaster is that they have no capable backup to replace her.
She is not that good... Wow... tell us how you really feel on the situation.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Been there, done that...there's a chance she could still function with a good tape job. It depends if she's left or right hand dominant and which hand she broke. It's in the hand, not the fingers per say...kinda weird spot for a bball injury...more a football or boxing type injury.

I'd like to know how she did that? Was it going to ground and catching herself?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She broke the fourth metacarpal bone in right hand. She was getting some extra work in.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tuff break. Hope she recoves soon and at 100%.

Reaction Score
She broke the fourth metacarpal bone in right hand. She was getting some extra work in.
Well, if you have to break a bone, that's a good one to break. I'd be surprised if she isn't playing again in about 3 weeks, maybe sooner. Unfortunately, it's her shooting hand, but hopefully it's not a bad break. They usually put your hand in a removable rigid plastic splint.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Well, if you have to break a bone, that's a good one to break. I'd be surprised if she isn't playing again in about 3 weeks, maybe sooner. Unfortunately, it's her shooting hand, but hopefully it's not a bad break. They usually put your hand in a removable rigid plastic splint.
Yes. They'll also tape the 4th finger to the index finger for added stability.

Reaction Score
That sucks. Good luck to her for a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
No injury is good, but from headline thought was the dreaded 3 letter word. Hands are tricky, but maybe she can play, rebound and pass, I'm sure Simmons will volunteer to make up the missing shots. :D

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Been there, done that...there's a chance she could still function with a good tape job. It depends if she's left or right hand dominant and which hand she broke. It's in the hand, not the fingers per say...kinda weird spot for a bball injury...more a football or boxing type injury.

I'd like to know how she did that? Was it going to ground and catching herself?

"been there, done that"...you broke your hand while enduring the stress of being a teenage student- athlete under the microscope of intense fan coverage? wow...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's a shame to see any kid in any sport at any school hurt. Hope for a speedy recovery .
This. Tennessee could cancel all sports and I wouldn't give a hoot but you hate to see a kid's season cut short regardless of the jersey she's wearing.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

It would only be annoying if you were right. You were wrong the first time, so it wouldn't be surprising if you were wrong again. There were 8 games that ended with Rutgers. Your math was a bit fuzzy, but you guessed 4 - 3. Not sure where you placed the missing game (5 - 3 or 4-4 for an 8 game total). Regardless, most figured TN would lose 1 definitely (Baylor) and possibly 1 more (Stanford), with the worst case being 6 -2 or best case being 7 - 1. At the time of the predictions, neither Andraya or Harrison were injured, so they did well to drop only 2 games.

Here's my guess for the next 8. I'm predicting worst case of 7 - 1, but barring any more injuries, I wouldn't be surprised to see them not drop a game. This is based on the improvement seen on the defensive end of the court, which can be a hard thing for freshmen to grasp. In my opinion, they're getting there and starting to understand the required level of play to be effective. They lose one of the best offensive players, but are getting one of the best defenders on the team added to the mix.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It would only be annoying if you were right. You were wrong the first time, so it wouldn't be surprising if you were wrong again. There were 8 games that ended with Rutgers. Your math was a bit fuzzy, but you guessed 4 - 3. Not sure where you placed the missing game (5 - 3 or 4-4 for an 8 game total). Regardless, most figured TN would lose 1 definitely (Baylor) and possibly 1 more (Stanford), with the worst case being 6 -2 or best case being 7 - 1. At the time of the predictions, neither Andraya or Harrison were injured, so they did well to drop only 2 games.

Here's my guess for the next 8. I'm predicting worst case of 7 - 1, but barring any more injuries, I wouldn't be surprised to see them not drop a game. This is based on the improvement seen on the defensive end of the court, which can be a hard thing for freshmen to grasp. In my opinion, they're getting there and starting to understand the required level of play to be effective. They lose one of the best offensive players, but are getting one of the best defenders on the team added to the mix.

They went 6-2. I said 5-3. You said 7-1.

Now I say 4-4 and you say 7-1.

Let the games begin!!!!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
They went 6-2. I said 5-3. You said 7-1.

Now I say 4-4 and you say 7-1.

Let the games begin!!!!

No. You said 4 - 3, but don't worry. I won't provide a link again. Yes, I felt good about 7 - 1 and still wish Harrison had not gone down prior to that game. She played a few short minutes, but was a shell of herself. Without her, I would change my prediction in a heart beat and add more losses to my guess. TN is not deep in the post and losing either her or Graves would be detrimental to the team's success.

Any way, let the games begin!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No. You said 4 - 3, but don't worry. I won't provide a link again. Yes, I felt good about 7 - 1 and still wish Harrison had not gone down prior to that game. She played a few short minutes, but was a shell of herself. Without her, I would change my prediction in a heart beat and add more losses to my guess. TN is not deep in the post and losing either her or Graves would be detrimental to the team's success.

Any way, let the games begin!

Oh geeeze, I left off a game and it was an obvious win. 5-3. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom