Bad media takes | The Boneyard

Bad media takes

Reaction Score
This guy is pretty much wrong about everything when it comes to basketball so no surprise here. He gives UConn some credit but then falls into the same stupid trap so many fall into. This idea that the talent was so much better in the past in college basketball while pretending there's no current NBA talent in the college game is so played out. It's even dumber that these guys never factor in all the 23-24 year olds playing now. I even see it from some of our own fans. There's plenty of NBA talent on this UConn team and the starting backcourt was 5th year seniors, something we didn't see in the past.

He even has to exaggerate the NBA talent on his past all-time great teams to make his point. Noah, Horford, and Brewer. He should've stopped there but had to pretend Taurean Green was something in the NBA. Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony. Rip, Voskuhl, and El-Amin. Come on.

This was an all-time great team and stacks up with anyone in the modern era. People arguing against it twists themselves into a pretzel.

Reaction Score
Nick must have Taurean Green confused with someone else, I don't even remember his NBA career at all. I even remember reading Billy Donovan mentioning that one of the reasons Noah/Horford/Brewer came back was because they didn't want to leave Green behind.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This guy is pretty much wrong about everything when it comes to basketball so no surprise here. He gives UConn some credit but then falls into the same stupid trap so many fall into. This idea that the talent was so much better in the past in college basketball while pretending there's no current NBA talent in the college game is so played out. It's even dumber that these guys never factor in all the 23-24 year olds playing now. I even see it from some of our own fans. There's plenty of NBA talent on this UConn team and the starting backcourt was 5th year seniors, something we didn't see in the past.

He even has to exaggerate the NBA talent on his past all-time great teams to make his point. Noah, Horford, and Brewer. He should've stopped there but had to pretend Taurean Green was something in the NBA. Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, and Greg Anthony. Rip, Voskuhl, and El-Amin. Come on.

This was an all-time great team and stacks up with anyone in the modern era. People arguing against it twists themselves into a pretzel.

He is by far the worst in the industry. It’s not even close

Reaction Score
Nick must have Taurean Green confused with someone else, I don't even remember his NBA career at all. I even remember reading Billy Donovan mentioning that one of the reasons Noah/Horford/Brewer came back was because they didn't want to leave Green behind.
You mean you don't remember his ONE season in the NBA when he averaged 4.4 mpg and 1.1 ppg. :D
But how does 12 ppg with five teams in five seasons in Europe translate into NBA numbers???

Reaction Score
You mean you don't remember his ONE season in the NBA when he averaged 4.4 mpg and 1.1 ppg. :D
But how does 12 ppg with five teams in five seasons in Europe translate into NBA numbers???
Those 74 minutes Taurean Green played in the NBA were magical. Even the 90 UNLV team that people wax poetic about all the time had 5 losses and lost to UC Santa Barbara. Larry Johnson had a very good NBA career but just two all-star appearances. Augmon had a long NBA career but he averaged 8 ppg. Greg Anthony was a solid backup point guard who averaged 7 ppg.

I don't think it's a wild take to think our future NBA guys from this team will have a bigger NBA impact than them.

Reaction Score
Those 74 minutes Taurean Green played in the NBA were magical. Even the 90 UNLV team that people wax poetic about all the time had 5 losses and lost to UC Santa Barbara. Larry Johnson had a very good NBA career but just two all-star appearances. Augmon had a long NBA career but he averaged 8 ppg. Greg Anthony was a solid backup point guard who averaged 7 ppg.

I don't think it's a wild take to think our future NBA guys from this team will have a bigger NBA impact than them.
but, but, but......Anderson Hunt. I mean, he was a baller!! :cool:

Reaction Score

That UNLV team is the perfect example.
All the hype that surrounded them, It made them seem like way better pros than they really were. Im shocked but not-shocked to see Augmon's #s that mediocre. I was a kid but all those guys were big time names, without the real #s to back them up. (Except for LJ)

I know you're a baseball guy: I was looking up some of the stars of 90s baseball and seeing if their actual play matched their status:
When I checked out that stacked 90s reds team and saw Kal Daniels' numbers my jaw dropped... not in a good way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Among the issues are the difficulties in comparing different eras, the positive/negative impact viewing a player after a professional career has on the objectivity of assessing him as a college player and personal preference as to which past team may have been better when a few who did not play each other are compared.

I personally believe that this team, under today's conditions would have compared favorably to most, including the UNLV and Florida teams mentioned. Hell, I'm not sure that Florida team warrants all time great accolades as the champions two years prior (our 2004 squad) and the champions two years later (2009 UNC) would beaten them comfortably in almost any setting.

Reaction Score
Listening to this idiot who acts like he knows what he’s talking about spout off was total wasted time.

Reaction Score
In addition to what other people have said about him only paying attention to CBB once the tourney starts (and not even THAT closely then since his show primarily revolves around NBA and NFL), he has openly expressed his disdain for Hurley's antics. Said he's Nick Sirianni with more accomplishments.

Plus, the other guy on his Fox Sports show, Kevin Wildes, loves UConn and is from Connecticut, so of course they have to be on opposite sides.

Reaction Score
I listen to that show often. Nick is very smart. But college hoops isn't his main cup of tea. He is primarily an NBA fan as it relates to hoops. They do not talk about CBB until March, and even then, its a segment, at best. As to his actual point, I do not care to argue things that are empirically impossible to quantify. All I know that is for two years running, UConn has been kicking everyone's a--, and nobody can take that away from us.

Reaction Score
Who is that guy, don’t think I’ve ever seen him before
Nick Wright, he's a FS1 TV personality. Started off as a radio guy in the midwest and then blew up by purposely(he's admitted as much) taking the anti-Skip Bayless angle by being an over the top Lebron stan instead of a hater.

Reaction Score

That 1990 UNLV was really good. And they waxed Duke in the finals and Loyola Maramount (LMU) in the Elite 8 and LMU was beating everyone that year after the death of Hank Gathers. But the one game that doesn't get mentioned is the Sweet 16 close call against Ball State (I believe Rick Majerus coached that team).

UConn 2024 and UConn 2023 didn't have any close calls to any team let alone a munchkin like Ball State.

Edit: Majerus left Ball State the year before 1990.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
College baskeball never had more older, and expereinced players than it did this year. How can that make the talent pool weaker?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
but, but, but......Anderson Hunt. I mean, he was a baller!! :cool:

unlv-richie-perry-the_fixer.jpg

And don't forget George Ackles' zero NBA minutes!

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Cause grad. Probably the same clown with a few others that post on their page numerous times about how many total wins the school has and it’s more important than championships.

Reaction Score
In addition to what other people have said about him only paying attention to CBB once the tourney starts (and not even THAT closely then since his show primarily revolves around NBA and NFL), he has openly expressed his disdain for Hurley's antics. Said he's Nick Sirianni with more accomplishments.

Plus, the other guy on his Fox Sports show, Kevin Wildes, loves UConn and is from Connecticut, so of course they have to be on opposite sides.
Here it is

Reaction Score

"Nick Sirianni with more accomplishments"?

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom