Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (RIP St. Petersburg Bowl) | The Boneyard

Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (RIP St. Petersburg Bowl)

Reaction Score

>>The St. Petersburg Bowl has been renamed the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, sources told me.

The game will remain at St. Petersburg's Tropicana Field but the bowl is removing the city’s name from the title and adding Gasparilla. That appears to be an attempt to make the bowl seem more regional for the Tampa Bay area since the annual Gasparilla Parade is held each year in Tampa.

Bad Boy Mowers has a multi-year naming rights deal with the bowl. This marks the bowl's fourth title sponsor in its nine seasons. The others: magicJack, Beef O’Brady’s and Bitcoin.

Bad Boy Mowers also recently become the naming rights sponsor for the Battle 4 Atlantis basketball tournament. The company also has had discussions about Nascar sponsorship, but ultimately wanted to get into the college football market.

This year’s game – on Dec. 21 – will feature teams from the American and Conference USA. An official news conference to announce the bowl’s new name is scheduled for Monday in St. Pete.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That UConn-Marshall game was awful, only slightly better than Uconn-Tulane

That Bowl has had some of the worst sponsorship naming rights in the history of earth. This one is the worst and it's not even close.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So can we assume the cost of the title sponsorship of this game is less than 1/2 way to a 5 digit number?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
That Bowl has had some of the worst sponsorship naming rights in the history of earth. This one is the worst and it's not even close.

The only other one that's almost as bad is the Boise Bowl which has been both the Roady's Truck Stop Bowl, the uDrive Bowl, and most recently the Famous Idaho Potato bowl... But you are right it's the worst. It makes the Mineke Car Care Bowl look downright regal.

Reaction Score
The only other one that's almost as bad is the Boise Bowl which has been both the Roady's Truck Stop Bowl, the uDrive Bowl, and most recently the Famous Idaho Potato bowl... But you are right it's the worst. It makes the Mineke Car Care Bowl look downright regal.

Poulin WeedEater?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Take the football ramifications of playing in it out of the picture and I kind of like the name.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Is this thing sponsored by Puff Daddy? Does the winner play the victor of the Poulan Weedeater Bowl?

Reaction Score

>>The St. Petersburg Bowl has been renamed the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, sources told me.

The game will remain at St. Petersburg's Tropicana Field but the bowl is removing the city’s name from the title and adding Gasparilla. That appears to be an attempt to make the bowl seem more regional for the Tampa Bay area since the annual Gasparilla Parade is held each year in Tampa.

Bad Boy Mowers has a multi-year naming rights deal with the bowl. This marks the bowl's fourth title sponsor in its nine seasons. The others: magicJack, Beef O’Brady’s and Bitcoin.

Bad Boy Mowers also recently become the naming rights sponsor for the Battle 4 Atlantis basketball tournament. The company also has had discussions about Nascar sponsorship, but ultimately wanted to get into the college football market.

This year’s game – on Dec. 21 – will feature teams from the American and Conference USA. An official news conference to announce the bowl’s new name is scheduled for Monday in St. Pete.<<

Also, I believe the bowl will move when the Trop is closed after the Rays move to Tampa...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I'm more of a Death Row Chainsaws guy myself

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member