Back from the Sun Again | The Boneyard

Back from the Sun Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Well that was sure a lot less fun than last night. Sun shot a miserable 29% from the floor. Alex Bentley lead the Sun with 22 but was 7 for 19. Future All-Star Alyssa Thomas was a bright spot shooting 62% with 6 boards and 2 assists but picked up 4 fouls.

Kelsey Bone was, like many times last year, frustrating to watch. This is a large, strong and mobile center (makes Williams look tiny). She has decent foot work and gets to the rim a lot but then... bonk. She shot 20% tonight. Missed more bunnies than Elmer Fud [sigh]. I think as the game goes on she gets down on herself and the bonk spiral continues.

Unlike last night, here was no point in the game when all bubble players were out there at the same time. All had single-digit minutes and it looks like we will probably be saying goodbye to Kelly, Inga, Alyssa B and DiDi. Kelly plays so hard and is so basketball-smart but it is just not likely to be enough. It just illustrates the magnitude of the step from college to the pros.

By the way... Sun fans --- EVERY Sun player deserves the love and enthusiasm you show to Kelly. I get that she is a great hero to us UConn fans, but it disrespects her teammates not to show for them also. Many have done far more for the team. Your enthusiastic support WILL make a difference, ask any player.

Like pretty much every WNBA team, there's a lot of talent here... not Lynx talent, but talent. Can they get healthy? Can they each do the things they do best very well and tweak up their weak spots a little? Can they play cohesive flowing team basketball (see aforementioned Lynx)? Someday? Maybe? Hope springs eternal.

Reaction Score
Well that was sure a lot less fun than last night. Sun shot a miserable 29% from the floor. Alex Bentley lead the Sun with 22 but was 7 for 19. Future All-Star Alyssa Thomas was a bright spot shooting 62% with 6 boards and 2 assists but picked up 4 fouls.

Kelsey Bone was, like many times last year, frustrating to watch. This is a large, strong and mobile center (makes Williams look tiny). She has decent foot work and gets to the rim a lot but then... bonk. She shot 20% tonight. Missed more bunnies than Elmer Fud [sigh]. I think as the game goes on she gets down on herself and the bonk spiral continues.

Unlike last night, here was no point in the game when all bubble players were out there at the same time. All had single-digit minutes and it looks like we will probably be saying goodbye to Kelly, Inga, Alyssa B and DiDi. Kelly plays so hard and is so basketball-smart but it is just not likely to be enough. It just illustrates the magnitude of the step from college to the pros.

By the way... Sun fans --- EVERY Sun player deserves the love and enthusiasm you show to Kelly. I get that she is a great hero to us UConn fans, but it disrespects her teammates not to show for them also. Many have done far more for the team. Your enthusiastic support WILL make a difference, ask any player.

Like pretty much every WNBA team, there's a lot of talent here... not Lynx talent, but talent. Can they get healthy? Can they each do the things they do best very well and tweak up their weak spots a little? Can they play cohesive flowing team basketball (see aforementioned Lynx)? Someday? Maybe? Hope springs eternal.
I don't have a good feeling about this team. We will have a lot of trouble scoring points. I don't agree there is a lot of talent on this team. The fact that Ogwumike and Hightower have to be kept on the roster means they have to play with 10 mediocre players until they return, if they do return. I love going to Sun games, but I am afraid this year is going to be painful.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Griffin had arthroscopic surgery on her injured hip today per the Sun. No timetable for her return :(

psconn

Reaction Score
Kelsey Griffin had arthroscopic surgery on her injured hip today per the Sun. No timetable for her return :(

Holy crap. I'm sure Donovan is behind this, all part of her sinister plan. ;)

3 down, 9 to go. At some point I think they can get another roster spot via a hardship clause if they want to go that route. Might mean one of the four bubble girls could stick around.

Geez. "Tank for Stewie" might not be optional or intentional.

Reaction Score

By the way... Sun fans --- EVERY Sun player deserves the love and enthusiasm you show to Kelly. I get that she is a great hero to us UConn fans, but it disrespects her teammates not to show for them also.
I'm an unashamed Kelly fan, not much of a Sun's fan since Anne came or since Mike went. Since I'm ignorant of much about the CT Sun's this may come across as ignorant---I haven's seen much positive coming out of the Sun (double meaning)'s . The Sun's made their money and initial notoriety by having Uconn Women on their team, Kelly seems to be the last (for now), when she goes, as implied here, I think more fans will go. So maybe the love given to Kelly isn't a loss for this team.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

"Back from the Sun Again"

How often do you make this trip? :cool:

Reaction Score
When reading about the list of Sun players, it always seems to me, as if I am visiting a hospital & reading the in- patient list. Yet, I'm sure other pro. teams have injuries.

Reaction Score
I happen to be one of those fans that think, 'if CT Sun have no UConn players - idc'

going through this thread, and thread like this, ive had an epiphany i think...

its one thing to want uconn players in ct because we love them, we are used to them, and 90% of the time they are great players... but i think the other part is shes seemed to alienate the uconn players with non-uconn players who are just as good.

this isnt a good team. if she traded away huskies, but had the talent of atl dream or la sparks, etc. i think it would be different. so i say no uconn, but good team - cool. yes uconn, but average team - cool. no uconn, team - bye.

psconn

Reaction Score
I happen to be one of those fans that think, 'if CT Sun have no UConn players - idc'

going through this thread, and thread like this, ive had an epiphany i think...

its one thing to want uconn players in ct because we love them, we are used to them, and 90% of the time they are great players... but i think the other part is shes seemed to alienate the uconn players with non-uconn players who are just as good.

this isnt a good team. if she traded away huskies, but had the talent of atl dream or la sparks, etc. i think it would be different. so i say no uconn, but good team - cool. yes uconn, but average team - cool. no uconn, ty team - bye.

:confused:k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer