B1G | Page 21 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We havbe 36 pages in this thread based largely on HFD insane rantings of Uconn going to the B1G based on nothing more than that is where he wants us to land and Da Vinci Code inspired suppositions. MHver3 is no more or less an authority than HFD. Might as well add to the gossip pages.

Reaction Score
To be fair to Mhvr3, isn't that what the big east did?

You do realize that he just spins a wheel with 30 colleges on it, takes the one it lands on, spins a wheel with the 5 conferences, and uses that as evidence for his tweets? The committee in Dan's head has moved past that witchcraft.

pj

Reaction Score
We havbe 36 pages in this thread based largely on HFD insane rantings of Uconn going to the B1G based on nothing more than that is where he wants us to land and Da Vinci Code inspired suppositions. MHver3 is no more or less an authority than HFD. Might as well add to the gossip pages.

The Da Vinci Code has us going to the B1G? Awesome!

Reaction Score
Is anyone going to make a thread for that B1G Network poll? Or should I do it? Also, anyone post that at a Rutgers message board? Do they know about this poll? I don't go to their message boards, so just asking.

As far as the BTN goes, even if it is spread around, people need a REASON to watch it.

Reaction Score
McMurphy tweet on Warde Manuel's comment: "If another conference wants to talk to us, we'll talk to them"

How can we read between the lines on this one? Have at it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
FWIW Frank the Tank thinks UConn's relative youth at IA football and New England's demographics trends put us on the back-burner compared with... everybody else. So the lesson is - UConn grads need to have lots of babies and not move out of state!

Reaction Score
Confirms he's a bumbling fool, as we already know.

McMurphy tweet on Warde Manuel's comment: "If another conference wants to talk to us, we'll talk to them"

How can we read between the lines on this one? Have at it.

Reaction Score
Susan Herbst MIA from the panel with emmert, Wake president and Nebraska president. The moderator didn't say why she was absent.

Reaction Score
IMG intercoll athletics forum in nyc. It's the one where manuel's comment came from.

The big panel of tne day featured mark emmert, ncaa pres., neb president perlman and wake pres hatch. It is from this panel that neb president called md's $50m exit fee unenforceable.

Herbst was suppised to be on this featured panel, but didn't appear. No reason for her nonappearance was given ( eg, pres herbst is sick with flu and won't be attening unfortynately" kind of announcement.

who knows what to read into her nonattendance. maybe the panel didnt feel it was necessary to announce her absence if she was sick. who knows.

of course ct's sportswriters might awake from their slumber and get the story at some point.

some of us were hopeful that because of the list of attendees ( tv heads, delany from big 10, etc) that some news re uconn might come out.

so far, only the quote re manuel saying if other conferences call, uconn would listen. kind of a sad figure, realky.

What panel?

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
That's interesting. Herbst better have a good reason for not being there to politic.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i think the b1g is going to make some ones christmas a very B1G one.

No, but the Mayan calendar does. Unfortunately, the world ends the next day. Bummer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
why wouldn't the b12 add a school or 4 on 12/12/12? answer that !

Reactions: pj

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Susan Herbst MIA from the panel with emmert, Wake president and Nebraska president. The moderator didn't say why she was absent.

She would have to be restrained from beating Emmert to death with a table leg?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Deacon Report@TheDeaconReport
At least 1 B1G Athletic Director has been privately campaigning for UConn. Trying to figure out Hollis' angle here and no luck yet.

Mark Hollis is the athletic director at Michigan State University.

caw

Reaction Score
The Deacon Report@TheDeaconReport
At least 1 B1G Athletic Director has been privately campaigning for UConn. Trying to figure out Hollis' angle here and no luck yet.

Mark Hollis is the athletic director at Michigan State University.

Was Hollis in Germany? Maybe Manuel got some facetime in with him there (shrugs) I dunno. I would have thought Michigan would be the first B1G team to want UConn in with Manuel's connections.

Maybe Izzo just loves Calhoun.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I posted this in the fbe thread. When HuskyfanDan awakens, hopefully he'll be able to read something into this quote.

Brad Wolverton@bradwolverton
Warde Manuel, AD at UConn, on realignment: "We're monitoring it, but I wouldn't say we're chasing anything." #sbjiaf

7:03 AM - 5 Dec 12 · Details

I would say this confirms the speculation that Manual is, in fact, monitoring the situation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Was Hollis in Germany? Maybe Manuel got some facetime in with him there (shrugs) I dunno. I would have thought Michigan would be the first B1G team to want UConn in with Manuel's connections.

Maybe Izzo just loves Calhoun.

Maybe it's leftover goodwill from when DiBiaggio was the president.

Reaction Score
My pharmacists (who are UConn alumni) want UConn to go to the B1G. And I barely said anything about realignment. This movement is catching wind. Keep it up!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did this replace Edsal's pyramid?
smpfig1.jpg

Reaction Score
My pharmacists (who are UConn alumni) want UConn to go to the B1G. And I barely said anything about realignment. This movement is catching wind. Keep it up!
You mean the owners at your package store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom