B12 might expand | The Boneyard

B12 might expand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is what I have been saying. UCONN needs to be talking to the B12. If they can get in there, its a good conference and they can have an east division. That is the tree to be barking up right now. The ACC is a dead issue for the moment.

Reaction Score
This is what I have been saying. UCONN needs to be talking to the B12. If they can get in there, its a good conference and they can have an east division. That is the tree to be barking up right now. The ACC is a dead issue for the moment.

Worst possible outcome is B12 takes BYU, UL and WVU to go to 12 leaving us with RU to rot. We are in horrible position if this is the case. I am guessing CT senators better be looking into a huge massive lawsuit along with NJ senators on all of this realignment stuff. We are dead in the water if we are forced into this position.

I guess the only other hope is B12 go to 12 and take BYU, UL, WVU, UCONN and RU. I am not sure B12 cares about academics, but if they don't they certainly will take UL and WVU before us.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What if ND just wants status quo? Football independance and a home for their remaining sports (whatever league will accept them)?

Reaction Score
The Big 12 doesnt want us because they are pretty sure we are ACC bound. lets hope thats the case otherwise yeah let them know we are insterested if the ACC doesnt get of the pot.

Reaction Score
What if ND just wants status quo? Football independance and a home for their remaining sports (whatever league will accept them)?

If BE blows up there might not be status quo, and not sure another conference will bend over for ND, but who knows?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

I agree. If the Big 12 doesn't approach us, we should approach them if only to force someone else's hand.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
People are putting stuff out there just like all of us. For starters it makes no sense that the B12 would not consider UConn because the ACC wants them. And if the B12 puts out an offer UConn goes to the ACC and says now or never.

But if things fall according the article, ND will be forced to make a decision because the ACC will not want to miss out on the option to take UConn and Rutgers. So all this does is determine who is going to flinch first.

And somehow someone will say something in the B12 to make everyone remember why no one should trust Texas. So solidarity in that conference is still not a definite.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
About all that can be said is that Lousiville/WVU were ahead of UConn/Rutgers on the B12 list 2 weeks ago.

They still don't know about TAMU and Missouri and the decision could well depend on that. If TAMU stays then BYU and WVU are top on of the list and that will be their last move. If the SEC snags the 2 hedgehogs and BYU declines we are back to chaos.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if the Big East blows up, ND may not have a suitable home for all their sports besides football

that may be the straw that breaks their back

what if no other conference gives them what the BE gave them

this may be what the ACC is waiting for

IDK

Reaction Score
I think the SEC and Big 12 will have there targets set by next week. Ville and WV will be included and picked up. ND will have pressure at that point. Then the ACC takes UConn at 15 and says ND the BE is dead make the call or its Rutgers.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Texas will be told to take 50% of the LHN revenue for themselves and the rest goes into the common poll. Other B12 networks will operate under the same rules. 50% to the regional teams and 50% to the pool. Texas, Texas Tech and Baylor can fight among themselves over their LHN shares or operate their own network.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
if the Big East blows up, ND may not have a suitable home for all their sports besides football

that may be the straw that breaks their back

what if no other conference gives them what the BE gave them

this may be what the ACC is waiting for

IDK
I don't thing the ACC gives them a presence for all sports except football. They can't be as dumb as the BE regarding that move. And if ND were to contemplate going to the ACC for football I would think they would approach the BE first. The BE is more desperate and more likely to agree with whatever footprint ND wants and the number of schools would be smaller allowing them more OOC games. They would make things conditional that the BCS bid still holds. In other words they can insist on all the conditions and keep their options open.

Reaction Score
any theory that starts with the Big12 wouldn't look at UConn b/c they think the ACC wants us is total malarkey. the very idea that any conference would pass on a team b/c they think someone else may want them is extremely naive and you're giving these guys way too much credit in the congeniality department.

besides that joining hte Big 12 might be the one option that's actually worse than staying where we are. the Big 12 is contractually set up so that the entire league sits at the feet of Texas and to a lesser extent Oklahoma. why would anyone want to join a league where they're considered second class citizens, when they could be equal partners in the Big East? also anyone that thinks the Big12 is more stable than the BE should probably sober up before driving home from work.

Reaction Score
Here's the issue, though...The B-12 is pretty nearly as messed up as the Big East. If you're say, Louisville, what do you get by going to the B-12? More stability? Not really. Texas, Texas Tech, Ok, Ok State and Missouri have all expressed an interest in leaving town. That they didn't leave today doesn't mean a whole lot. You know that if the SEC decides to expand again, or the PAC 12 decides to expand, or the B-10 decides to expand, you're in the same situation. then you have to deal with Texas and the Longhorn network...So you want to recruit Texas? Yeah, sure...goin gto the big 12 might make sense, but in a strange way it only makes sense if the Texas-Oklahoma situation is permanently resolved and that won't be the case until one or both leave the conference.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Here's the issue, though...The B-12 is pretty nearly as messed up as the Big East. If you're say, Louisville, what do you get by going to the B-12? More stability? Not really. Texas, Texas Tech, Ok, Ok State and Missouri have all expressed an interest in leaving town. That they didn't leave today doesn't mean a whole lot. You know that if the SEC decides to expand again, or the PAC 12 decides to expand, or the B-10 decides to expand, you're in the same situation. then you have to deal with Texas and the Longhorn network...So you want to recruit Texas? Yeah, sure...goin gto the big 12 might make sense, but in a strange way it only makes sense if the Texas-Oklahoma situation is permanently resolved and that won't be the case until one or both leave the conference.
I'm on this bandwagon. But after Pitt and Cuse jumped ship to go to the ACC, I'm not certain everyone really knows what is best for them. It is more a reaction of leaving something you know isn't any good and hoping that after you take the leap you land in a better situation.

Reaction Score
But if you're UConn, maybe you at least try to float a trial balloon out there to see if there is some interest. If the ACC thinks there might be another BCS conference sniffing around in their territory, perhaps it compels them to make a defensive move to 15 and wait to see if they can force ND's hand when the remainder of the BE implodes.

Reaction Score
I agree i don't think anyone leaves the big east for the big 12 until the Texacomma situation is worked on and either they commit to the B-12 or they leave, either way the schools need to know what they are getting themselves into. If Texas and friends leave and the conference is only left with Baylor, Kansas/st, and Iowa St and the Big-12 has a plan to becoming solvent again I could see WVU, UofL, and probably TCU and BYU moving to the B-12 because they still hold a larger tv contract than the Big East and I don't believe anyone thinks Baylor, Iowa State and the Kansases are being courted by anyone

Reaction Score
Seeing reports today that Texas is pretty unwilling to make any concessions at all.

Reaction Score
Seeing reports today that Texas is pretty unwilling to make any concessions at all.

I still don't care. We have to get out of the Big East now. If the ACC wants us they should invite us. If they are letting BC block us than we need to take our talent down to Irving.

Reaction Score
I would imagine WVU and UL would leave the BE the first chance they get because they know we are falling apart. B12 is no better but at least it is an ok place to park your football teams for a few years to see what else is going on. You are going there to be Texas' slave but at least you will get to have Texas and OU on your schedule.

If ACC avenue is dead, UCONN needs to push to be in that B12 conversation. BE's BCS bid is in trouble if idiots at BE office is thinking of adding service academies as football onlies. This has BBALL onlies fingerprint all over this garbage. The question is will B12 even have room for us?

Reaction Score

That's what killed the PAC-12 deal too. Texas refuses to do equal revenue sharing and PAC-12 said no thanks. Otherwise, they be annoucing PAC-16 right now.

Reaction Score
kbohls kbohls retweeted by McMurphyCBS

Texas not giving an inch on the Longhorn Network. Dodds notes OU will have its own soon. UT wants 2nd game on LHN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom