B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

B12 - If we accept invite, in 10 years what is the outcome?

If we accept B12 invite, what is the likeliest result in 10 years.

• Beyond wildest dreams - Football gets good, Basketball thrives, fans embrace, rest of AD boosted

• Status Quo - Basketball thrives, football stuck in mud, fanbase is neutral, rest of AD stat quo

• Mostly disappointing - Basketball falters, football inconsistent, fanbase nostalgic, AD dips

• House on Fire - Basketball does AAC v2, Football mostly losing seasons, fanbase in flames, AD crisis

Results are only viewable after voting.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I still watched every game but the AAC definitely destroyed a lot of the passion. There are plenty of high schools that had more exciting gyms and put out better telecasts than the stuff we had to sit through in that clown show of a conference.
Wait for a Tuesday night in Lubbock or Orlando . You’ll feel like you’re back.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thinking recruits actually care THAT much about playing providence, SH, SJ, GTown, Butler, Marquette, Creighton, and DePaul is amazing to me. The only team that may get a NE kids juices flowing is Nova. And with Neptune….yeah. Give me the conference with better Athletic programs and more money. The same way AAC -> NBE was a no brainer, so is this one. It kind of has to be done if offered.

Recruiting will not dip. Hurley will not become a worse coach. Basketball won’t dip at all UNLESS Hurley leaves. Which is also true in the BE
Of course there will be some players that would have a preference to play in the BE just like there are some fans who prefer we play our games in this conference.

The overwhelming majority of potential recruits will not make this their priority. The factor(s) that matters the most will be the situation which provides a potential recruit with obtaining something(s) which best suits that player. The following factors are far more important and they are prioritized differently for each player. They include factors such as immediate money from an NIL, reputation for getting a player into the NBA without a demanding workload, going to a school with a great chance of having a successful season, finding a coach that can help them to develop into a better player, playing at at place where people are excited with them, having less competition at their position so they can showcase themselves, being in a school which fits their academic quest, or finding a school that satisfies family.

The posters who argue against this are making an argument that supports their own preference to remain in the BE. It’s a weak argument but it shows how much is at stake for many of us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hinkle is a GREAT Basketball environment.
So are most of the arenas in the Big XII.

I know you're against this, but you're the guy who posts the Big Texan challenges, which is due north of Lubbock on I-27. Think of the upgrade in steak and BBQ with the Big XII. This is the king of conferences for meat eaters.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I know you're against this, but you're the guy who posts the Big Texan challenges, which is due north of Lubbock on I-27. Think of the upgrade in steak and BBQ with the Big XII. This is the king of conferences for meat eaters.
He speaks as if he's done connoisseur but think about it, how much would someone who continually raves about Arby's really appreciate quality food?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Hinkle is a GREAT Basketball environment.
Yeah, it's a bucket list item. Been there, done that. I really don't see another Hinkle (historic, on campus, true college environment arena) in the BE and in all candor, if giving up regular trips to Hinkle gives us regular trips to Allen Fieldhouse, well, there is no question which is the better environment.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's a bucket list item. Been there, done that. I really don't see another Hinkle (historic, on campus, true college environment arena) in the BE and in all candor, if giving up regular trips to Hinkle gives us regular trips to Allen Fieldhouse, well, there is no question which is the better environment.
Been to Gallager-Iba, that was great also.

Reaction Score

Lol, they aren’t Hinkle

Reaction Score
It's largely unknown to this fanbase, but it's very old and gets pretty nuts.
Dating myself but saw Rolando Blackman in Ahearn at KSU. Another old but great place. Their newer one kind of looks like a smaller version of The Pit at New Mexico.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dating myself but saw Rolando Blackman in Ahearn at KSU. Another old but great place. Their newer one kind of looks like a smaller version of The Pit at New Mexico.
If this move happens, I think some of our fans are going to be pleasantly surprised by the teams we are playing. One common thread I'd say applies to all the Big XII schools is that the people who attend them really just like college sports. True at K-State, Iowa State, whatever. It matters to them. This isn't the AAC, despite Cinci, Houston and UCF coming over.

Reaction Score
In ten years we should be very close to receiving a full share of the Big 12 pie, and achieving the kind of revenue some folks here are projecting.

Reaction Score
There have been many twitter polls - but thought valuable for posterity a couple simple questions to put yourself on record. This question is simple. If offered for all sports as it appears, and there is equal revenue share, should we take the leap?

This is not anonymous - you will be on record :)
in football playoffs getting top recruits and bball 5* yearly

Reaction Score
I expect multiple nattys for both basketball teams, a Hockey natty, college World Series every year, AAU membership, Football top 25 every few years, and an additional 300 to 400 million in total sports revenue.

Reaction Score
If this move happens, I think some of our fans are going to be pleasantly surprised by the teams we are playing. One common thread I'd say applies to all the Big XII schools is that the people who attend them really just like college sports. True at K-State, Iowa State, whatever. It matters to them. This isn't the AAC, despite Cinci, Houston and UCF coming over.
UCONN needs it for the football but not really for the basketball where right now in the BE we have a very talented and competitive league with old rivalries. The BE is stable relatively but The Big 12 is going to have a lot of movement in and out. What if it ends up like the AAC playing teams that no one cares about? What if Kansas leaves?

Reaction Score
Yes. The Big10 or ACC is a better move but we don't have that option and staying put is definitely the wrong move.
I would prefer ACC to have many old BE rivalries and Duke Unc rivalry as well. Way better for hoops. B10 can’t win rungs so I don’t wNt us to catch that bug. Football does better regardless. I’d think ACC has about the same number of bowl wins as the 10 over the last 25 years. Also baseball and soccer will thrive with ACC and the southern schools. B10 has decent soccer in Indy and a few others but overall I think the ACC is way better and we can start right off by tickling Duke unc lousville and BC off by invading in their pipelines.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
UCONN needs it for the football but not really for the basketball where right now in the BE we have a very talented and competitive league with old rivalries. The BE is stable relatively but The Big 12 is going to have a lot of movement in and out. What if it ends up like the AAC playing teams that no one cares about? What if Kansas leaves?
Where is Kansas going?

Yes, the possibility exists that other schools may be added but who would be leaving?

When does the economic deficiency (which is continuing to grow) that we (the entire BE) face compared to at least four of the five power conferences reach the point where we will no longer be competitive at the level we want?

Reaction Score
Allen is the best. Better than The Dean Dome. Better than Cameron. Better than the arena formerly known as the Dunk. And playing the Jayhawks regularly is way better than playing Butler. Just sayin’

Reaction Score
I would think top recruits want to play in the best conference. A conference with much greater visibility. More money equals more resources. Don’t fool yourself, these players are getting paid.

Reaction Score
Basketball gets an initial lift and the next 5-7 years we see some of the best conference games since the glory days of the BE.

Football will keep improving with Mora but the question becomes how long does he stay and who's next. If he's still coaching 5 years from now we could be top 5 in the league and getting ready for a new on campus stadium.

Anything after 5 years is highly speculative but the longer we have our coaches and our AD in particular the better off we are.

Status quo leaves us very vulnerable in a 5-10 year window.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What if it ends up like the AAC playing teams that no one cares about? What if Kansas leaves?
Change is always "what if'd" to death. If that's the best you can do, you might as well join us. The AAC didn't "end up" lousy, it started off lousy. It's ended up lousier.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Where is Kansas going to go? Where are any of them going to go? That is the secret strength of the big 12. The stability that comes from lack of options.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom