B. Turner officially out for the season | The Boneyard

B. Turner officially out for the season

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

No a surprise, but there's the official confirmation. I haven't seen any info on the specific injury yet.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Not unexpected, but bad news nonetheless. I will hope that it's "only" and MCL and not an ACL.

Whatever the damage, I hope she's back for at least the 2nd half of next season so they can be at full strength at Tournament time. She's a special player.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Fearing the worst, I had time to prepare a meme specifically for this occasion

awful.jpg

Reaction Score

awful.jpg

I want to like this but not because of the injury but rather how you chose to drown your sorrows.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

awful.jpg

I wanted to like your post but it somehow seems almost immoral to "like" something that's awful. Here's hoping for a full recovery. Every team suffers from injuries from time to time but it seems that Tennessee has been really snake bitten for the past several seasons, and so have the Irish come tournament time.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I expected this and it is horrible news for Brianna. First the shoulder and now the knee. No kid should have this much bad luck.

Here's to a speedy recovery and a healthy return to the court.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Very, very sorry to hear about this.
:(

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Was really hoping it wasn't an ACL. At this point in the year, an ACL injury means she's not a lock to be ready for next season. And even if she is, she won't be 100%.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not unexpected, but bad news nonetheless. I will hope that it's "only" and MCL and not an ACL.

Whatever the damage, I hope she's back for at least the 2nd half of next season so they can be at full strength at Tournament time. She's a special player.
It is ACL per ESPN. This just sucks not just for this year but she will be hobbling at best to start her senior season were she was expected to be POY candidate and contend for top WNBA pick.

Reaction Score
Sucks for ND, but more importantly it sucks for Brianna. I know that she's had shoulder issues and was really healthy, then this happened. Get back healthy Brianna.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Was really hoping it wasn't an ACL. At this point in the year, an ACL injury means she's not a lock to be ready for next season. And even if she is, she won't be 100%.

The worst news possible. I don't see Brianna playing next year. ACL recovery is usually one year if all goes well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tough tough luck for ND - been snake bit quite often lately. Hope Turner has a good and successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Such a tough luck college career to date for her.
ND has enough good players to still be a tough out and they are not devoid of forwards who can step up. And one advantage they have over Duke is they at least have five days to prepare their strategies for the S16.

Anyone want to comment on McGraw's blow by in the handshake after that game now? Maybe a little distracted by what had transpired and probably a pretty good idea from the medical staff that this was the likely outcome.

Reaction Score
Had to be ACL. That's the thing that keeps the knee from bending inward. If you saw the replay, you knew.

So sorry for her. And I think any team wants to play their opponent at their opponent's full strength. You play the team that you are faced with, but nobody is genuinely happy that Notre Dame will now be weaker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom