Azzi-Lou Productions | The Boneyard

Azzi-Lou Productions

Reaction Score
A few folks have mentioned Nika's comment about Azzi's work ethic and how it might become infectious, and in the last pregame presser Geno reiterated Lou's work ethic -- "She's the same everyday, no drama." I think this is how the Huskies become Azzi's team: she and Lou will set the characteristic tone. I bet Caroline will buy in to this program right away. And Aaliyah looks like she's already there. Nika and Dorka, too.

Hard work, no drama. It's like the old slogan: "Tape it up and go."

Reaction Score
It's really too early to predict what this team will become. Hard work no drama is good, but running set plays well will not win championships. I think Geno himself said that by March most elite teams will know your set plays and will defend them well. So we need creativity and swagger. Hopefully we will both from our players.:)

Reaction Score
We are like a Tsunami, starts slow and builds up along the way and then meets it's potential and becomes a Tidal wave, sweeping everything in it's path to it's final destination. Uconn has a extremely unique roster. Every player can at any given time break out with a 20 plus point game. We are 8 deep and cam match up with anyone in height. Our bonus is our defense, with Nika leading the way. I see great rewards in Uconn's future. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I hate to speak poorly of last year's Seniors but it just never seemed like they made everyone around them better, and the team lacked identity and synergy last year, especially without page.

This year seems clear: Azzi, Dorka, Nika, and maybe to some extent Caroline are the leaders as returning players and all lead by example in different ways. This team seems like it will get the absolute most out of it's talent (which is still pretty darn high).

Reaction Score
Lou fits this team like a glove. It’s my first time watching her, and I’m surprised how seamlessly she’s fit in despite transferring from a MAAC school.
The biggest reason Lou's game translates well from mid-major Fairfield to playing against possible Final Four teams is that the centerpiece of Lou's game is the uncontested three--if you give her an uncontested three from a motion offense, she's liable to make it, no matter who she is playing for or playing against... That pretty rainbow three-pointer of hers translates well. And with more and more attention going to Azzi from defenses, Lou is going to get a lot of uncontested threes--and I can see her hitting a lot of them--this is a perfect role for her...

Reaction Score
I like it! Desire, determination, and a laser like focus on the mission.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom